BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
undeadbeav

Model: 7130e
Default Early-morning reminders not working

Please Login to Remove!

My PDA has been my alarm clock for the past four years. Recently I upgraded from a Dell Axim to a BlackBerry 7130e. The alarm clock feature built into the BlackBerry OS was not sufficiently granular so I created reminders in my calendar for each day of the week. That way I can wake up at different times on different days depending on what I have going on that day.

The first few days the reminders worked great. I was able to get up at 5:15am one morning for an early workout and at 6:15am another morning when I did not workout. Then one morning, when I was supposed to wake up at 5:15am, my eyes peeled open at 7:23am. I know this because I looked at my BlackBerry clock immediately after I noticed that there was entirely too much daylight streaming through the window.

Before making a mad dash to work, I double-checked the reminder scheduled for that day. It was properly set up and the sound was turned on. Besides, even without sound, the reminder would still display on top of the desktop, which it did not. I determined that I must have unconsciously turned off the alarm and did not remember doing it.

A few days later, it happened again. I checked all of my reminders and they all seemed to be set up correctly. Shortly after that incident, it happened yet again. This time, I was already awake at 6:13am, expecting my 6:15am reminder to sound. The reminder did not go off, at which point I knew that I had a major problem with my new toy.

I searched the Internet to try to find others with the same issue. While other users were reporting similar reminder issues, nobody reported having early-morning reminder problems. Is this really rare or is it not noticed because most people don't use their BlackBerry this way?

I'm curious to know if this is a known issue and if there is a fix. I have Application v4.1.0.318 and Software Platform v2.2.0.127 on my BlackBerry.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:26 PM   #2
pgab
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Cingular

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have found the same sort of issue with the Task reminders on my Blackberry. It is terribly frustrating, as I am a heavy task user and everyday a few of them do not go off. I like everything about the phone except this one issue, which is getting to be enough of a problem that I am considering trying to get rid of the phone, except that I've had it for longer that 30 days.

I find it very hard to believe that RIM would not correct a problem as glaring as one of the core PIM functionalities simply not working.
Closed Thread