BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
ChrisUCF99

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default Can no longer activate new BB's against my BES...

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BES for Exchange supporting 120 BB users. All users that are currently activated are sending and receiving email fine. The problem I am having started yesterday. Any new BB I try to activate fails. It tries, then retries several times, then finally fails. Today, I upgraded to version 4.0.4.9 with all three hot fixes applied, but no dice. I even nuked my user profile from the BES and tried to reactivate my BB, and now I no longer can activate as well.

SRP Status is connected, existing users can still send and receive, just new BB's/unactivated BB's cannot activate. I also have 20 additional licenses not in use so I'm good on that aspect.

Usually, when I set the Activation Password, and a user attempts to activate, the password will blank out. I'm not even seeing that happen anymore. It's almost like the new BB's are not even hitting the server. Does anyone know why this might be happening, or where I should being to troubleshoot this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
BBTechGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100
Carrier: T-Mobile

What part of the activation does it get to?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
ChrisUCF99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBTechGuy
What part of the activation does it get to?
It says "Activating...." and never goes past that. Eventually retries 3 times and then fails and says contact your administrator.... Me :(
Old 05-18-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
BBTechGuy

Does the activation e-mail hit the users inbox? Is it getting filtered or blocked?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
ChrisUCF99

Quote:
Does the activation e-mail hit the users inbox? Is it getting filtered or blocked?
You're a damn genius! haha I forgot the activation email is from external BB server in, not internal BES to internal exchange. I just checked our Iron Port anti spam gateway and for some reason is upped the scoring on the BB server and is now classified as a known spam box, haha

I'm going to add their server to our whitelist and we should be all good. Thanks for your help!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:56 PM   #6
BBTechGuy

You are very welcome.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #7
ChrisUCF99

Quote:
You are very welcome.
Now that I know you are the man... maybe you can help with one more. I have never been able to get the attachment service to work. When i do the attachment test in the BB Control Panel Applet it coverts successfully and says everything is cool. When I get an email w/ an attachment, even a .txt file, i click to retrieve it, it retrieves it, but then nothing happens. Never an option or anything to view it... any insight on that>
Closed Thread