BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 09:04 AM   #1
intouch

Model: 8100
Default Saved Conversations on IM

Please Login to Remove!

hi all,

new here. had the pearl now for a good 2 months and i think it's the best thing since slice bread.

just have a quick question. i tried to troll the 8100 forum to see if this might have been posted already and couldn't find it. but can someone direct me to accessing the saved conversations on the IM logs i.e., MSN or Yahoo!

the device will let you save i think up to 5 conversations and it seems to be text files and was wondering how i can transfer that to my desktop.

thanks in advance!
Old 11-22-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
cloud909
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by intouch
just have a quick question. i tried to troll the 8100 forum to see if this might have been posted already and couldn't find it. but can someone direct me to accessing the saved conversations on the IM logs i.e., MSN or Yahoo!

the device will let you save i think up to 5 conversations and it seems to be text files and was wondering how i can transfer that to my desktop.
Hey there... I'm not sure about other applications, but the standard IM application that comes with the T-Mobile Pearl, OZ Messenger (which includes AIM, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo) lets you access "offline conversations", which are basically saved IM's which you haven't deleted yet.

I don't have my Pearl handy, so don't quote me on this, but I believe that when you go to the menu in the application, you can choose "offline conversations", open that conversation, hit the menu button, choose "select all", copy that, and email it to yourself (pasting it into a new message) through the Messages application.

It seems like a lot, but I don't think you can access the "text file" or however it's saved by navigating through your phone... maybe someone here can educate me
Closed Thread