Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormson View Post
.....sucks.

There has got to be something wrong with it, or maybe its just my device. But last night I went to bed with half a change, did a bettery pull just before bed to ensure all applications were shut down, I have nothing running in the background, I put the phone in the BB holster (supposed to enable sleep mode) and by the time I wake up, the phone is so dead that it takes an hour on the charger before I can even turn the radio on.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any way I can fix it?

PLEASE help........

Unless you need to have the phone wake you up in the middle of the night, turn it off. 73
Old 11-28-2008, 03:00 AM   #22
PHLAK
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I leave my phone on and not in a holster of any kind because I use it for an alarm in the morning. I usually charge the phone while I'm home in the evening so it's full when I go to bed. When I get up in the morning, I rarely see more than a pixel or 2 of battery drained (though never looked at actual percentage).

My BlackBerry Storm Wallpapers
Old 11-28-2008, 03:50 AM   #23
Andyn

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T / Verizon

My battery life is horrible too

www.twitter.com/SgtAndyNorris
Old 11-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #24
rickthestick

You can specify a time for the phone to turn on in the morning and leave it powered off all night, that may help some.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:41 PM   #25
paulyjsob
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130

I received my storm yesterday. I resisted the temptation to start using it right away and let it sit on the charger for a few hours till the battery was completely charged.
Today I started playing with it in the morning. Playing with the settings, taking pictures, browsing the web and about five 10 minute calls. At the end of the day I still had about 2/3 battery remaining. So I am pretty happy with its battery life. I did have backlight set to 60 and bluetooth off.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #26
GT5L
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: askme
Carrier: AT&T

My son ripped the plug in charger few days ago, I have been charging the Storm using USB for maybe 20-30 minutes everyday. The battery lasts me pretty well, better than the Curve. But remember I have the screen brightness set to 10% and I am on TMO's network.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #27
nomoreq

Model: 8330

Wirelessly posted

I removed VZ Navigator and my battery lasts at least twice as long
Old 11-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #28
recca
Thumbs Must Hurt

I only have to charge it at night with like 1 bar left. I go through the day without having to charge it and I go through email/talk/chat constantly, didn't keep track, but I use it pretty normal
Old 11-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #29
lindros2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW/O2 (Intl)

1. To stormson (OP): I had a similar problem. Battery didn't charge at all *UNTIL* I synced it with a computer (once). Someone told me this was a security "feature" (which was completely overlooked in the documentation) to prevent devices from being unlocked, stolen, and/or used/sent abroad.

The funny thing? My company FORBIDS using BB Desktop (due to backup saving personal and corporate data). So if this was a corp device it would be dead. As an aside, I've heard of this issue with other new/recent BlackBerries (Curve, Bold, 8830).

2. All of that aside, I've found that if you are in a weak Verizon area (1-3 bars of service), the battery will indeed drain quickly. This is due to "hunting" for signal, and increasing the RF strength to hold a signal in order to provide that Verizon quality of service they promote (at the expense of decent battery life). This is the same on all RAZR, BlackBerry, and other Verizon devices I've owned.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:55 AM   #30
drdingo

Model: 7100t
Carrier: Ver

I don't have any issues with mine. I noticed the gps does draing the battery faster... And I don't use blue tooth
Old 11-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #31
CAsurfnlax

PIN: 304A9517

one thing that bugs me about the phone is when your battery gets very very low, it turns off the wireless connection so you can't make any calls or access any data.

To get back on subject I fully charged my phone on Friday and it has lasted all the way until about twenty minutes ago. Now its plugged in getting the updated software
Old 12-11-2008, 12:20 PM   #32
Lisadi

Model: storm
Default Dead Battery

I went to bed with 3 power bars and wok up to a DEAD battery!!! The device would not fully power after being plugged in all day. Went to the Verizon store and they put in a new battery. Last night went to bed with 2 bars and AGAIN woke up to a DEAD battery!!! It now will not recharge at all - car charger, plugged into my computer - NOTHING!!! Any ideas on how I can get it some power???
Old 12-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #33
HiRoll3r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisadi View Post
I went to bed with 3 power bars and wok up to a DEAD battery!!! The device would not fully power after being plugged in all day. Went to the Verizon store and they put in a new battery. Last night went to bed with 2 bars and AGAIN woke up to a DEAD battery!!! It now will not recharge at all - car charger, plugged into my computer - NOTHING!!! Any ideas on how I can get it some power???
Then you need a replacement phone.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:33 AM   #34
cabll88

I have decent battery life from the phone, I took the phone off the charger on wed 9am and by thurs 6pm i had 30% left. That is about 33 hours on one charge. I did however play brick breaker on the commute home for about 30mins which actually drained the battery down to 15% when i got home. My usage for that time was moderate, lots of emails, some text messaging, mild internet use, minimal voice calls. I have the screen set at 50%, gps off, bluetooth off and network selection at 1XEV. I know turning off bluetooth and gps is not a solution for some but i actually do not use those features, and if i had to use gps it takes about 5 secs to turn it on. If i had not played brick breaker i think the device would have lasted 40+ hours.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #35
Hanwei

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I get decent battery life as well. On an average day, I take the Storm off of the charger at 7am... and by 11pm I have about between 50-65% left after ~40 emails, ~25 texts, ~30-60min of calls, very little browsing, and no BT or GPS.

My Curve was a bit better with battery life... but the Storm ain't that bad. As long as it's got ~50% left at the end of a 16hr day with average use, I'm happy. My thoughts are that if I end up having a day of heavy usage... it'll have the juice to get me through.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #36
Tiamegs
Thumbs Must Hurt

I don't think we should have to give up some basic functions of our phone such as GPS or Bluetooth just so the battery will last at least 10 hours. I ordered another battery from Verizon. Now hopefully I won't have to worry! I imagine enough people are frustrated with the battery life that RIM will come up with a solution in another update.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #37
zeroifex

Model: 9350

Hey guys, I think I found a simple solution, well it worked for me at least. I too had sucky battery life. I fully charged, and after a days use, very minimal, hardly used the data, 1 or 2 phone calls, and the battery ended up at around 20% at the end of the day.

What I did, is go to "Options" then "Mobile Network" then under the "Network Technology" setting, I just set it to 1xEV instead of Global. Now even with moderate to heavy use, at the end of the day, I ended up with 80% battery life. Let me know if this works for anyone else...
Old 12-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #38
Cygnust

Model: 9000
Carrier: SFR (France)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroifex View Post
What I did, is go to "Options" then "Mobile Network" then under the "Network Technology" setting, I just set it to 1xEV instead of Global. Now even with moderate to heavy use, at the end of the day, I ended up with 80% battery life. Let me know if this works for anyone else...
Didn't find this setting, I have a 9500 ..
Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 AM   #39
zeroifex

Model: 9350

Hmmm.... I'm using Verizon Wireless here in the states, maybe it's just a feature on the American versions?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #40
7 VII 7

I just disabled VZ Navigation... and I will see if that helps

my battery will last one day at the most.. and I use it normal... so I hope this fixes it
Closed Thread