Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 05:43 PM   #781
Drumberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspiegel
if you were say doing a one or two year contract extension, wouldn't you still have to do the upgrade link? or can you use just the front page buy option and just select one year and then add it to your account somehow? i have never bought a phone from vzw online if you cant tell..
You have to somehow login to your account, then there are options to upgrade a phone etc... there's nothing to upgrade if ya don't have an account =P
Old 09-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #782
illmaticone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lskolnik
Well, when i ordered the 7130 and then the Motorola Q (sucks!) when Verizon rolled them out for the first time, they were not there on my upgrade page until days/weeks later. We'll see if things are going to be different Sunday.
not true i ordered my motorola q on the online release date through my account as an upgrade for full retial. But it was avaiable to regular customers maybe 3 hours before upgrades

also there is no overnight shipping option, but there is a number u can call upgrade it. which i did for my Q, verizon ended up upgrading everyone to overnight shipping anyway... (i still paid the 14.99 or w/e anyway)

This is quoting me on a Q forum on Wed May 31, 2006 8:08 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by me @ Qusers
"thanks to fellow members of this forum,
i suggest you call this number 1-800-711-7773 and choose option 3
tell them you want to upgrade the shipping method to over night

its $12.99

also because u are getting overnight they will send your order to be processed right away.
i was told i would have my phone tomorrow before 3pm! (i'm NYC)

Thanks to tdombrow, dcg, and Gasp100
3 people who have sucessfully upgraded to overnight, as well as me
so 4 people .. so this works no bs. "
i'm pretty sure this will be valid for the 8703e.

Not sure if this information is posted anywhere as this is my 1st post here! so dont flame me.

Last edited by illmaticone; 09-15-2006 at 06:01 PM..
Old 09-15-2006, 06:09 PM   #783
illmaticone
Thumbs Must Hurt

they wont charge you if u order from testman,
Old 09-15-2006, 10:05 PM   #784
lskolnik
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmaticone
not true i ordered my motorola q on the online release date through my account as an upgrade for full retial. But it was avaiable to regular customers maybe 3 hours before upgrades
I'm hoping you're right. You can see in the testman link (cant post links here yet) that they give the option to current VZW customers to log into their account and buy the 8703 with their existing number. As long as this testpage is the actual thing come launch time, we should be good to go.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:30 PM   #785
illmaticone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lskolnik
I'm hoping you're right. You can see in the testman link (cant post links here yet) that they give the option to current VZW customers to log into their account and buy the 8703 with their existing number. As long as this testpage is the actual thing come launch time, we should be good to go.
I'm positive, but like i mentioned new customers might be able to order it before my account does!

I wish we new a vaild account for testman's testing purposes.

I wouldnt worry about it
Old 09-15-2006, 10:44 PM   #786
MHPHOCKEY
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

FYI: Here is the deal. After 2 hours on the phone with VZW, I have the entire story.

For regular customers:

It will be available Sunday online only (no phone support at all, no tricking the system)
You have to do the ENTIRE transaction online.
Customer service will receive the phone at the same time as the stores AT LEAST a week after the internet release.

Business Customers:

You can order the phone now at the 2 year price of 349, the 1 year price of 399 or the full price of 469. It will be shipped Monday.

I have transfered my account to a business account and OFFICIALLY have an order in for the VZW 8703e BlackBerry. I gave credit card info and all. It will ship on Monday and arrive on Tuesday. I paid 349 + S/H and the agent said there may or may not be a rebate included in the pack.

This is the OFFICIAL deal. I spoke to a VZW supervisor and VZW business rep. I know that I do not have Boy Genius' credibility, but I promise this is the deal.

Mike
Old 09-15-2006, 10:46 PM   #787
itsj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon

is that the same for corporate employees

Last edited by itsj; 09-15-2006 at 10:53 PM..
Old 09-15-2006, 11:17 PM   #788
InPocket
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHPHOCKEY
FYI: Here is the deal. After 2 hours on the phone with VZW, I have the entire story.

For regular customers:

It will be available Sunday online only (no phone support at all, no tricking the system)
Customer service will receive the phone at the same time as the stores AT LEAST a week after the internet release.

Business Customers:

You can order the phone now at the 2 year price of 349, the 1 year price of 399 or the full price of 469. It will be shipped Monday.

I have transfered my account to a business account and OFFICIALLY have an order in for the VZW 8703e BlackBerry. I gave credit card info and all. It will ship on Monday and arrive on Tuesday. I paid 349 + S/H and the agent said there may or may not be a rebate included in the pack.

This is the OFFICIAL deal. I spoke to a VZW supervisor and VZW business rep. I know that I do not have Boy Genius' credibility, but I promise this is the deal.

Mike

2 year price of 349? oh man I guess you miss the 100 off for online purchase.. shit

maybe ill call and say there are problems with the website and blah blah
Old 09-15-2006, 11:42 PM   #789
MHPHOCKEY
Thumbs Must Hurt

I didn't purchase it online. I am going to receive a $100 credit from technical service for the trouble I have had with the 7250.

But yes, inpocket, a little complaining usually leads to at least $50 in credit

Mike
Old 09-15-2006, 11:48 PM   #790
InPocket

Quote:
I didn't purchase it online. I am going to receive a $100 credit from technical service for the trouble I have had with the 7250.

But yes, inpocket, a little complaining usually leads to at least $50 in credit

Mike
i hear you, but my theory is to call on sunday and say im trying to early upgrade, but the website is not working.. can you put the order through for me.

This way I can get it at the 2 year price with the online 100 discount
Old 09-15-2006, 11:59 PM   #791
MHPHOCKEY
Thumbs Must Hurt

I was told that phone support will not have any authority to put through orders until it is released in stores AT MINIMUM a week earlier.

Trust me I hope that you can pull that off, VZW is the best service in America and they take care of their customers in a top notch fashion.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:05 AM   #792
InPocket

yea man. there is no other option since it doesnt give you an early upgrade option online.. and none of my family qualifies for the merits program

we shall see, too all those who were able to sneak in and grab one - good for you!

..lucky bastards I hope you choke on the C key..
Old 09-16-2006, 12:13 AM   #793
MHPHOCKEY
Thumbs Must Hurt

It is amazing to me how the Verizon departments are so separate. The customer support said that they have NO access to the online ordering until they see it in their own system, which could be as late as the stores! I had the early upgrade before I switched to a business account and I was told that I would have to wait for a while top get it. If I were you, I would call 1 800 922 0204 and press 0 0, talk to a person. Tell them you are unhappy with whatever you have and you NEED the 8703e. Tell them you want an early upgrade and they will grant you permission (here is the tricky part). Tell them you will pay retail and you want them to credit you the difference to the 2 year activation price. They told me (prior to swapping to business) that this was not possible at first, but then gave in.

Mike
Old 09-16-2006, 12:20 AM   #794
Hanwei

Model: 9530

Quote:

For regular customers:

Business Customers:

Mike
Hey Mike,

Let me run something by you... you said "no tricking the system"... Here are my thoughts...

Usually... when you buy a new phone with a new contract... but cancel the contract within the 15 day trial period and return the phone... there are no costs except for the usage during those days that you had the service.

And during that return, if you decide you want to keep the phone (hardware) then VZW simply charges you the full retail value of the phone and you can keep it.

Now... my dilemma is this: I can only upgrade to the BB by paying full retail... but the only way I can get the BB in my hands by Tuesday is to order it online on Sunday with a plan...Can I simply cancel the plan at a store after receiving the phone on Tuesday... and tell them I'm keeping the phone? ...which will prompt them to say that they will have to charge me the full retail price of the phone... which I will gladly say "great!"?

This isn't technically tricking the system... since I "could" be a new customer purchasing a new BB with a new plan... and after having received the BB decided that I no longer wanted the plan... cancelled the plan.... and decided to keep the BB by paying full retail...

What do you say? This seems to be the only way to get the BB without waiting until October :( Unless CS is able to take orders over the phone on Sunday... which it sounds like they won't.

Hanwei
Old 09-16-2006, 12:21 AM   #795
InPocket

Quote:
It is amazing to me how the Verizon departments are so separate. The customer support said that they have NO access to the online ordering until they see it in their own system, which could be as late as the stores! I had the early upgrade before I switched to a business account and I was told that I would have to wait for a while top get it. If I were you, I would call 1 800 922 0204 and press 0 0, talk to a person. Tell them you are unhappy with whatever you have and you NEED the 8703e. Tell them you want an early upgrade and they will grant you permission (here is the tricky part). Tell them you will pay retail and you want them to credit you the difference to the 2 year activation price. They told me (prior to swapping to business) that this was not possible at first, but then gave in.

Mike

ill just say "windows mobile. credit now."

they are closed now, but whats the benefit of a "business account"..? I own a small business..but I currently have no emplyees.. just me and a partner.. and I got my business phones through sprint (Sero plan...awsome stuff)
Old 09-16-2006, 12:24 AM   #796
InPocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanwei
Hey Mike,

Let me run something by you... you said "no tricking the system"... Here are my thoughts...

Usually... when you buy a new phone with a new contract... but cancel the contract within the 15 day trial period and return the phone... there are no costs except for the usage during those days that you had the service.

And during that return, if you decide you want to keep the phone (hardware) then VZW simply charges you the full retail value of the phone and you can keep it.

Now... my dilemma is this: I can only upgrade to the BB by paying full retail... but the only way I can get the BB in my hands by Tuesday is to order it online on Sunday with a plan...Can I simply cancel the plan at a store after receiving the phone on Tuesday... and tell them I'm keeping the phone? ...which will prompt them to say that they will have to charge me the full retail price of the phone... which I will gladly say "great!"?

This isn't technically tricking the system... since I "could" be a new customer purchasing a new BB with a new plan... and after having received the BB decided that I no longer wanted the plan... cancelled the plan.... and decided to keep the BB by paying full retail...

What do you say? This seems to be the only way to get the BB without waiting until October :( Unless CS is able to take orders over the phone on Sunday... which it sounds like they won't.

Hanwei

technically that sounds accurate. Receive the phone, cancel the plan, pay the difference.

*edit: except that its not "in stores" if you were to bring it and pay the difference.

Last edited by InPocket; 09-16-2006 at 12:26 AM..
Old 09-16-2006, 12:29 AM   #797
Hanwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPocket

*edit: except that its not "in stores" if you were to bring it and pay the difference.
what do you mean? they won't be able to charge me at the store since it's not in their store computer systems yet?
Old 09-16-2006, 12:29 AM   #798
InPocket

Just for my personal reference

Plans:

1) Call CS for the website and try placing an order through them, or..

2) Purchase online, cancel plan, pay difference, or..

3) Add a line for $10, get new phone (but new number...waste), or..

4) Purchase online, get phone, explain in-store about my early upgrade, cancel plan, keep discount, or..

5) Wait until October...
Old 09-16-2006, 12:30 AM   #799
InPocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanwei
what do you mean? they won't be able to charge me at the store since it's not in their store computer systems yet?
Im not sure, but logistically speaking that seems plausible
Old 09-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #800
Hanwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPocket
Just for my personal reference

Plans:

1) Call CS for the website and try placing an order through them, or..

2) Purchase online, cancel plan, pay difference, or..

3) Add a line for $10, get new phone (but new number...waste), or..

4) Purchase online, get phone, explain in-store about my early upgrade, cancel plan, keep discount, or..

5) Wait until October...
Exactly... I'm going to try #1 on Sunday, then #2.
Closed Thread