Old 08-31-2005, 01:14 PM   #102
deezmfnutz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
but you still get the mail at the other places too so I dont understand the use
Well not really it depends on your set-up. I currently have about 10 different email addresses (different work addresses, personal addresses, legacy addresses etc...) all FORWARDING directly to my GMAIL account were everything is parsed, filtered, and labled accordingly. From there select mail is filter-forwarded to my BB from gmail and a copy is saved on gmail. I can then use either my BB or the gmail webclient interface to respond to mail. The new advantage with the gmail interface is that I can spoof my "FROM:" header so that it is any one of my other email addys. Now I never need to ever log into any of my old accounts. It works great for my needs.

Last edited by deezmfnutz; 08-31-2005 at 01:21 PM..
Old 09-01-2005, 09:26 AM   #103
tarq3
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: TMO

i must say using Gmail as a paSS threw works great. No way i would ever POP again. Here is my question with most free web-based email services if you don't login in after a certain period of time they kill the account. Does anyone know if Gmail does the same
Old 09-01-2005, 09:45 AM   #104
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

i have had my gmail account since it started and didnt use it for nearly a year or more actually till about 3 weeks ago when this thread started
Old 09-02-2005, 09:35 AM   #105
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8520

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarq3
i must say using Gmail as a paSS threw works great. No way i would ever POP again. Here is my question with most free web-based email services if you don't login in after a certain period of time they kill the account. Does anyone know if Gmail does the same
I was reading the FAQs on gmail and they say 90 days.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:56 AM   #106
balistik1

Model: 7520

COuld you please help me set up instant forward as you described. I am new to the BB world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
Nope not if you don't want it to. There is an option on the BWC/BIS that allows you to set the sent from address when you reply from your blackberry. For example you have a gmail account and want your email from [email address] to go to your blackberry. So you set up conditional forwarding of your inbox only via the filters I described earlier. So every mail addressed to [email address] is INSTANTLY pushed to your blackberry. Now you have also set-up your BWC/BIS so that your sent from address on your blackberry sent mail is [email address]. Now any email you send or reply to from your blackberry will have a "from: [email address]" line. This is different from a reply-to change as the message really appears to be orginating from gmail. I say appears because if you fully expose the headers you can decipher the true senting address of [email address]. However, for all intents and purposes it truly looks as if you are sending email from your blackberry with a gmail address; or whatever other address you want for that matter. IMHO you are not using your blackberry to its fullest potential unless you are using INSTANT forward. I tried pop for a while and it SUCKS! There is always a delay whether it is 1 minute or upto 15minutes depends on the polling cyle you catch your account in, but there is always a delay and that stinks. Try instant forward and you will never touch pop again. West side beyaches!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:26 PM   #107
SupeDuke2003

Model: 7250

Forwarding email to my blackerry from my gmail account has been working for months (I use the filters method - and do NOT use gmail forwarding). My settings are as follows:

Matches: in:inbox
Do this: Forward to [email address]

It has been working great for months, but for some reason last night and this morning it has not been working. Can anyone help me out? I appreciate the help in advance!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:33 PM   #108
dkf747
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8520

Not working this morning for me either. Probably just a temporary thing.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:46 PM   #109
Dawg
No longer Registered.

working just fine here
Old 10-12-2005, 01:09 PM   #110
mjp3475

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupeDuke2003
Forwarding email to my blackerry from my gmail account has been working for months (I use the filters method - and do NOT use gmail forwarding). My settings are as follows:

Matches: in:inbox
Do this: Forward to [email address]

It has been working great for months, but for some reason last night and this morning it has not been working. Can anyone help me out? I appreciate the help in advance!
Forwarding isn't working here either since 5:45pm EST yesterday. I did get one message 5 hrs after the fact, but that's it. Maybe a huge backlog on GMail's end?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #111
jglasson

Model: 7250

I'm having the same problem as of 9ish EST last night. Last email that I got in was at 8:46pm. If I send an email to the BB from my corporate account it comes in just fine, but if I send manually (or forwarding) from ANY gmail account - the BB Web Clenit doesn;t get it and the BB doesn't get it either.

Could blackberry.net possibly be blacklisting gmail.com..?

This might need a new thread...

J.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:29 PM   #112
Dawg
No longer Registered.

what carrier are you all on?
I just sent a message to one of my accounts i have forwarded to gmail I sent at 925 am est and recieved in less than 1 minute later im on nextel
Old 10-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #113
jacklarkin

Not working for me either -- I'm on Rogers in Canada.

Looks like it stopped forwarding sometime after 6PM EDT last night.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:44 PM   #114
Dawg
No longer Registered.

there is also another thread on this same exact subject just sent another test email to a different gmail account 30 seconds and it was on my bb
Old 10-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #115
mjp3475

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

cingular here

i have mine set to forward via a filter. is everyone who is having issues using a filter or the "generic" forwarding option in gmail?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:51 PM   #116
ventmore

Not working here either...from any gmail account. I'm on t-mobile uk.

Some of you may remember this happened a month or so back too.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=15345
Old 10-12-2005, 01:54 PM   #117
ventmore

Hmmmm...the test email I sent has just turned up and proved me a liar...only from one of my accounts though...also, it's taken around 5 mins...normally it's less than a minute.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:54 AM   #118
jbsooner

Model: none

What I don't like is that the messages are not threaded in gmail anymore once you forward them. Is there anyway around this?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:13 PM   #119
BluePolaski

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
Nope not if you don't want it to. There is an option on the BWC/BIS that allows you to set the sent from address when you reply from your blackberry. For example you have a gmail account and want your email from [email address] to go to your blackberry. So you set up conditional forwarding of your inbox only via the filters I described earlier. So every mail addressed to [email address] is INSTANTLY pushed to your blackberry. Now you have also set-up your BWC/BIS so that your sent from address on your blackberry sent mail is [email address]. Now any email you send or reply to from your blackberry will have a "from: [email address]" line. This is different from a reply-to change as the message really appears to be orginating from gmail. I say appears because if you fully expose the headers you can decipher the true senting address of [email address]. However, for all intents and purposes it truly looks as if you are sending email from your blackberry with a gmail address; or whatever other address you want for that matter. IMHO you are not using your blackberry to its fullest potential unless you are using INSTANT forward. I tried pop for a while and it SUCKS! There is always a delay whether it is 1 minute or upto 15minutes depends on the polling cyle you catch your account in, but there is always a delay and that stinks. Try instant forward and you will never touch pop again. West side beyaches!
This is how I have things set up on my device. However, (and I have searched to no end) I am unable to foward messages from my device. For Instance, I receive and email on my device, I try to forward that email to another contact. The little check mark appears for a split second to tell me that it was sent but after that split second the red X appears and it does not forward. Anyone have any ideas as to why this could be. I have a feeling I have something set up wrong but I have things set according to the descpription above.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:24 PM   #120
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Who is your provider, did you buy it used, could there be apolicy set on it from a previous user, what model do you have? I have a 7250 and I am able to forward, and I do not think that there is any setting that will not let you whithin the BB itself. My last suggestion would be to back it up and try to do a javaloader wipe, reload the newest handheld software and restore your data in case there is some corruption.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Closed Thread