BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 11:56 PM   #1
bbiffle

Model: 7510
Default sync trouble

Please Login to Remove!

I've downloaded desktop manager 4.0. Intellisync reads the contacts from the handheld and then doesn't import them. I get the error msg. "Duplicate records found on device". Using Outlook 2003.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
camerch
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100t

Go into IntelliSync and choose "Configure PIM", select contacts and click "Advanced" in the bottom right hand corner, click "Conflict Resolution" tab and tell it to prompt for decision or just say "add all conflicting items"...
Old 07-05-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
bbiffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerch
Go into IntelliSync and choose "Configure PIM", select contacts and click "Advanced" in the bottom right hand corner, click "Conflict Resolution" tab and tell it to prompt for decision or just say "add all conflicting items"...
Tried that. Tried both "add akk conflicting items" and "handheld wins". Still getting the same error message and result - contact info is not added to Outlook.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
bbiffle

Default sync trouble on 7510

I've downloaded desktop manager 4.0. Intellisync reads the contacts from the handheld and then doesn't import them. I get the error msg. "Duplicate records found on device". Using Outlook 2003. Tried "add conflicting items" and "handheld wins" in Conflict Resolutions under
Advanced Options in Contacts configuration. No help.

'

;
Old 07-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #5
scottg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

In your address book, go to options, then set it to allow duplicate entries.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:46 PM   #6
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

there is an option for allowing duplicates.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:50 PM   #7
bbiffle

Default Duplicate records crashing sync

I have tried every possible combination of Conflict Resolution check boxes on the advanced configuration window of the desktop manager without result. I have tried ever combination on the handheld options, too, without result.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:03 PM   #8
bbiffle

I've tried checking and unchecking every box on Configure PIM on the desktop manager(advanced settings) and on the Contacts options page in Outlook. Still no luck. Get an Intellisync message that says"Dupllicate records found on device" and no contact info is transferred to Outlook from the BB.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #9
srtmny

Model: 71004
Default Handheld can't open default folder on outlook

I am new to BB. I have a user who has 7100 with desktop manager to forward emails. I recently had to restore his mailbox from a .pst file. When he went to sync his contacts, they were lost on the BB. When I tried to resync the folders, nothing happened. I created a copy of his contacts folders in a public store and synced up the BB and is fine. How can I make his default folder his contacts folder under his MS exchange mailbox? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:25 PM   #10
bgmd

Model: 7230

bbiffle, did you figure out how to fix your problem? If so, please post. I have the same problem and have set my device to allow duplicates and outlook to not check for duplicates, etc. I have tried every combination and can't get past the duplicate records found on device message. I have searched extensively on the internet for a solution to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:25 AM   #11
bgmd

For those who have this problem, attached is a private message response I gratefully received from bbiffle on how he solved his problem.

"I finally contacted the Blackberry rep at my local Nextel dealer. She called Blackberry and got me some help. I'm not sure of the details, but it consisted of copying my handheld address book to another location, deleting the one on the handheld and then copying it back."

If I successfully resolve my problem, I will be back to post the details on how I did it.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:13 AM   #12
tmarques

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmd
For those who have this problem, attached is a private message response I gratefully received from bbiffle on how he solved his problem.

"I finally contacted the Blackberry rep at my local Nextel dealer. She called Blackberry and got me some help. I'm not sure of the details, but it consisted of copying my handheld address book to another location, deleting the one on the handheld and then copying it back."

If I successfully resolve my problem, I will be back to post the details on how I did it.
In Desktop Manager, Backup and Restore, Advanced. Clear the corrupt databse on the right hand side and resync.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:37 AM   #13
bgmd

Default Duplicate Records Found on the Device

My problem is that I don't have a clean copy of the Address Book on the desktop, either in MS Outlook, in an ASCII text file, or other readable application. The only copy I have is the .ipd Backup copy made in Desktop Manager. If I clear the corrupt address database from the handheld, then I don't have anything to resync to, except the presumably corrupt backup. If the "corrupt" backup doesn't reload, I have lost 2000 address records. I'm very disappointed that the BlackBerry handheld will not export the address records to an ASCII text file using the ASCII Importer/Exporter translator, due to the "duplicate records found on the device" error. I wish it would just export the duplicate records to the ASCII text file. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Is there something I'm missing? The only alternative seems to be to hand write the 2000 records, clear the handheld and then retype the 2000 records. My rolodex worked better than this.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:44 PM   #14
bgmd

Default Duplicate Records Found on the Device

As promised, I'm posting the resolution of my issue. My carrier, T-Mobile, couldn't solve my problem and finally transferred me to their RIM technical support contact (I needed a representative ID) so I could get direct support. I was pleasantly surprised to find the RIM tech support representative sympathetic to my plight, and he (Brad) worked persistently with his team to identify a solution over 2-3 hours; he even followed up to make sure I was able to complete the solution satisfactorily. Predictably, we reconfirmed the database on the handheld was corrupt and that backup and restore could only reinstall the corrupt database. Brad confirmed that if I cleared the corrupt database I would lose my one and only copy for good. I had to email my corrupt backup .ipd file to RIM (and trust RIM with all the data). RIM converted the .ipd file to a non-corrupt Outlook .pst file and emailed it to me. The .pst file was short two records, presumably the corrupt records, but I had the remaining 2000+ contacts in good electronic form, which was a vast improvement over the alternative. The rest was easy, i.e., load the .pst file into Outlook, clear the handheld, resynchronize the handheld with Outlook, and manually enter the two corrupt records. I wish RIM would include the conversion application with their handheld devices or on their web site. Nonetheless, kudos to T-Mobile for transferring me to the source and to Brad at RIM for his persistent dedication to customer service. He recognized the problem as one that rightfully should and could be solved, and accepted personal responsibility for the same. Peace.
Closed Thread