Old 04-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #141
amaiman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigw9292
When I delete messages on my BB it gets removed from my ISP's mailbox .. great but when I delete on my ISP mailbox it doesn't get removed on the BB - is that right?
That is correct.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #142
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
When I delete messages on my BB it gets removed from my ISP's mailbox .. great but when I delete on my ISP mailbox it doesn't get removed on the BB - is that right?

Thanks
Craig
BIS 2.0 has one-way reconcilation - from the BB to the mail server only.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:24 AM   #143
craigw9292
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
BIS 2.0 has one-way reconcilation - from the BB to the mail server only.
ok thanks - I guess it is a step forward Does Blackberry ever announce upcoming features or are those only in the rumour mill?

Craig
Old 04-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #144
whsbuss

Quote:
ok thanks - I guess it is a step forward Does Blackberry ever announce upcoming features or are those only in the rumour mill?

Craig
It is a step forward for those who like to manage their email accounts remotely. I've been using it for over a week and I find myself not having to open Outlook as much.

RIM sometimes announces changes, but most announcements come from the wireless carriers (if at all).
Old 04-19-2006, 01:58 AM   #145
goinoutwest

Model: 7130
Default Same question - any answer?

I have the same question that I've seen several people ask:

I want to avoid having to read all email accounts via one "inbox".

So, is there a way to have the "non-work" emails relegated to thier individual inboxes? Or, is there a way to get "work" emails into their own inbox - and then I can just hide the default "catch-all" mailbox?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:10 AM   #146
mistermix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinoutwest
I have the same question that I've seen several people ask:

I want to avoid having to read all email accounts via one "inbox".

So, is there a way to have the "non-work" emails relegated to thier individual inboxes? Or, is there a way to get "work" emails into their own inbox - and then I can just hide the default "catch-all" mailbox?
I assume you are reading all of your accounts via BIS.

In BIS 2.0, each account gets its own icon on your BB. Each icon corresponds to the inbox for the account. Is that what you want?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:58 AM   #147
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

That's correct. But, as goinoutwest has pointed out, not only are your messages for each individual account delivered to that account's icon, they are also delivered to the main mail icon. So you can read all messages, regardless of the account to which it was sent, via the main e-mail icon. goinoutwest is asking if there's a way to stop that. It would be nice, but I haven't found a way to do that yet.

I use MailStreet hosted Exchange service. All of my work-related e-mails are accessible through the main mail icon (and only through the main mail icon). But, they have instructions for setting up the e-mail account via IMAP. I could do that and then hide my catch-all icon. That would have all of my e-mail--personal and work--sorted nicely. But there are problems inherrent with this approach. If I set up the IMAP method of collecting work-related e-mails rather than having BES push them, I would have to wait up to 15 minutes to receive my e-mails. Then there's the problem of receiving an e-mail while the BB is laying on my desk or if I can't get it out of the holster for a while (if I'm in a meeting or something). If I pull the BB out of the holster immediately, the new message pops open. But if for some reason I have to wait, all I see is a message waiting icon. Well, if I have 5 e-mail accounts set up through BIS, I would have to open each account on the BB until I found the one where the new message is.

So in short, I use the consolidated icon to read pretty much all of my e-mails. But if I want to send a new e-mail, I use the appropriate icon because it defaults to the correct send-from address. Of course, I could always change that manually even if I used the consolidated icon to send e-mails. So I could get away with hiding the individual account icons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermix
I assume you are reading all of your accounts via BIS.

In BIS 2.0, each account gets its own icon on your BB. Each icon corresponds to the inbox for the account. Is that what you want?

Last edited by gdpmumin; 04-19-2006 at 09:01 AM..
Old 04-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #148
goinoutwest

Model: 7130
Unhappy It's a mystery?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
That's correct. But, as goinoutwest has pointed out, not only are your messages for each individual account delivered to that account's icon, they are also delivered to the main mail icon. So you can read all messages, regardless of the account to which it was sent, via the main e-mail icon. goinoutwest is asking if there's a way to stop that. It would be nice, but I haven't found a way to do that yet.
Thank you, gdpmumin. That is my issue.

When I'm reading work email - I *only* want to read work email.

I could do that....when work was the only email coming into my BB. As soon as you add another account (via BIS, in this case) you immediately lose the ability to read *only* work email. That really chaps my hide.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #149
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

The onlly way you could do it is to have the individual mailboxes on the HomeScreen and open them that way but the bad part is that when you are messaged of an incoming message you do not know which is the acccount its going to come into. I have been playing with this and have added and removed all my 8 accounts to the BIS 3 times and deleted them again, because the next broblem is that if I continue to have them forwarded to my gmail when I respond I wind up with duplicates, and if I then change the forwarding to gmail, then it has to be polled, and despite what everyone else is saying polling is less than fast, I average on the minimum 5 minutes with as much 10 minutes, so to me that i sno good either. My most humbled opinion is that this BIS is overrated, and that it sucks. People here new and improved and they go nuts over getting the new and improved immediately, unfortunately this BIS is not improved enough to be worth any ones time, and my advice to anyone out there contemplating the swith is to not do so unless you are eventually forced to do so and maybe just maybe in time Verizon can get their act together and make it worth someone's time.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #150
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: VZW

Wirelessly posted (VZW 7130e: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Well, remember. It just has Verizon's label on it. The design and functionality is RIM's. And upgrading wouldn't cause anything bad to happen. It does remove the web-based inbox, but other than that, you can have the same functionality as before if you choose. So I would say there's no harm in upgrading. But, as KonTiki has pointed out, there is nothing earth-shattering in the upgrade that would force you to upgrade. You will have to do it sooner or later (I would guess sooner rather than later).
Old 04-20-2006, 09:15 AM   #151
joewaked
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Default There's no option to change "Sent From" address!

I'm using Verizon web client; my device is the 7250. I have 2 email addresses -- one is a POP3, the other is IMAP.

When I compose mail, the device defaults to the IMAP address. Couldn't figure out how to change that. Called Verizon and the rep told me to go to the website and there's an option to change the "Sent From" address. I'll be darned if there's anything! There's not even a "Profile" link.

There's 2 categories to the left: "Services" and "Settings". Under Services, there's only "E-mail Accounts". Under Settings, there's four options. Change Handheld, Language, Password and Service Books. Nowhere in any of these is there anything that gives the option to change address settings.

I read above about the web client upgrade by Verizon and I'm wondering if that would provide the options I'm looking for? I tried logging into the site from a different computer to see if I get prompted to upgrade. I got the same one I had last month. What gives?
Old 04-20-2006, 09:35 AM   #152
Dusty Saddle
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewaked
I'm using Verizon web client; my device is the 7250. I have 2 email addresses -- one is a POP3, the other is IMAP.

There's 2 categories to the left: "Services" and "Settings". Under Services, there's only "E-mail Accounts". Under Settings, there's four options. Change Handheld, Language, Password and Service Books. Nowhere in any of these is there anything that gives the option to change address settings.
In the BIS, under "email accounts" you should see your email addresses listed. Click on the EDIT button and you should be able to change the "reply to address"
Old 04-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #153
joewaked
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Saddle
In the BIS, under "email accounts" you should see your email addresses listed. Click on the EDIT button and you should be able to change the "reply to address"
I wish you were right. I don't have that option. "Advanced" does not offer that option either. In fact, here's a partial screen shot AFTER clicking on Edit...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2.jpg (27.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #154
whsbuss

Quote:
When I compose mail, the device defaults to the IMAP address. Couldn't figure out how to change that. Called Verizon and the rep told me to go to the website and there's an option to change the "Sent From" address. I'll be darned if there's anything! There's not even a "Profile" link.
On my 7130e (OS 4.1) I go to Options->Advanced Options->Messages Services. From there I define the CMIME default email address. You can still select from the email addresses configured in the BIS when sending. But this give a default.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:53 AM   #155
Dusty Saddle

Quote:
I wish you were right. I don't have that option. "Advanced" does not offer that option either. In fact, here's a partial screen shot AFTER clicking on Edit...
The screen shot looks correct. If you receive an email from that account and you reply to it, it will appear to have come from that account, not your blackberry. Of course, you will have to eliminate the "Sent from my wireless Blackberry" signature. Replace "signature" with your name.

When composing a new email on your Blackberry, I don't think that the 7250 has the option of selecting a different account to send from. The new 4.1 OS could change that, when it comes out. PocketDay has an option to change the sent from address. You might want to take a look at it.

Last edited by Dusty Saddle; 04-20-2006 at 11:59 AM..
Old 04-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #156
Dusty Saddle

Quote:
On my 7130e (OS 4.1) I go to Options->Advanced Options->Messages Services. From there I define the CMIME default email address. You can still select from the email addresses configured in the BIS when sending. But this give a default.
Unfortunately the 7250 does not have this option.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #157
jlopatin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Saddle
Unfortunately the 7250 does not have this option.

Yes it does. all software versions on the 7250 have this setting. in 4.1, it is under options, advanced options, message services.

In older versions, it is simply under options, message services.

You can select the default "send from" account.

I have been doing this since I got my 7250 (way back when they were released)
Old 04-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #158
Dusty Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlopatin
Yes it does. all software versions on the 7250 have this setting. in 4.1, it is under options, advanced options, message services.

In older versions, it is simply under options, message services.

You can select the default "send from" account.

I have been doing this since I got my 7250 (way back when they were released)
OOOPS! My bad. You are absolutely correct.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:39 AM   #159
Getup1995
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
The default only applies to messages that you send and forward. Am I right in assuming that you can not change the address when you reply? I have found that when you reply to a message it is sent from what ever address it came to.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:32 AM   #160
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getup1995
The default only applies to messages that you send and forward. Am I right in assuming that you can not change the address when you reply? I have found that when you reply to a message it is sent from what ever address it came to.
That's correct. If you configure the email address in the BIS, why would you choose a different reply-to address? If you need a different reply address, just configure it in the BIS and you won't need to change it.
Closed Thread