Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #21
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I had lower case uma earlier today but UMA has been fine here in the northwest.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:17 AM   #22
jakjak

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tm

From N.E. Atlanta and have been trying all day to fix the no UMA problem. I thought it was me.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:51 AM   #23
bbjunkee

Carrier: T-Mobile

Not working in Montgomery, AL area too. @Home and Starbucks no UMA!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:37 AM   #24
bberry8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcasey View Post
Wow, a handset exchange for a UMA outage? That rep did not do their job at all and took the "easy" way out to get you off the phone. If there are no confirmed issues of an outage the rep should have filed a trouble ticket to get this on the radar of the network folks.

Did the rep at least have you reload the OS on the device before doing the exchange?

Dave
No, unfortunately she didn't. I went through two reps and neither one did. This is the second time in less than one month that they want to swap out my phone because they can't figure out what's wrong.

I have since placed a follow-up call to TMO to alert them about this UMA-TMO issue in Atlanta and they said they would look into it. We'll see....
Old 07-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #25
O'dell
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-mobile

I wonder if it was/is an issue with your ISP and not T-Mobile.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #26
200KIAS

Carrier: t-mobile
Default Your not going to believe this..

I spoke to someone at T-mo headquarters. The phone number is 425-383-4000. I am posting this number because I was told that there was not a big enough issue to get any response other than to talk to tech help. I was actually told that there was no "global" problem. She actually said when it reaches thousands of complaints it would get their attention!

I pleaded for a more advanced helper to no avail. It looks like we NEED TO BE MORE VOCAL!

And to add more facts to the list... I went to the North Point Pkwy store in Alpharetta yesterday evening and their wifi was not working either. Not only did my phone fail to get uma the stores phones could not either! Today theirs are reported to be working by the staff there.

God Help us.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #27
200KIAS

Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'dell View Post
I wonder if it was/is an issue with your ISP and not T-Mobile.
I am using two providers, AT&T and Comcast so I would not blame the IP's.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:16 AM   #28
kadriasif

Model: 8120
Carrier: Tmobile

this mornning around 8:00 am one of my phone nokia 6086 got on uma network (at home no changes in setting)for few minutes then same no uma
Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #29
bberry8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200KIAS View Post
I spoke to someone at T-mo headquarters. The phone number is 425-383-4000. I am posting this number because I was told that there was not a big enough issue to get any response other than to talk to tech help. I was actually told that there was no "global" problem. She actually said when it reaches thousands of complaints it would get their attention!

I pleaded for a more advanced helper to no avail. It looks like we NEED TO BE MORE VOCAL!

And to add more facts to the list... I went to the North Point Pkwy store in Alpharetta yesterday evening and their wifi was not working either. Not only did my phone fail to get uma the stores phones could not either! Today theirs are reported to be working by the staff there.

God Help us.

thank you so much for that number! Finally, I can get to someone at the top instead of dealing with useless techs who have no idea. I was at a Radio Shack today and mentioned the problem. The manager there said that it was not a problem of 6-7 people in Atlanta; that it had gone up to over the thousands yesterday. Apparently, TMO had rolled out a new update to some software yesterday which generated the glitch. I asked him where he got that info and he said it was at an XDA developer forum. I checked around but couldn't find what he was talking about.

I think we should ALL call and voice our complaints!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #30
bbjunkee

I contacted TMO Customer Care. The rep informed me that they are aware of the issue (SouthEastern United States) and they are working to solve it. However, he could not give me an ETA for resolution. I live in Alabama and I've been without UMA since yesterday morning (7-8-08).

At least TMO knows the issue is out there and hopefully they will solve it soon.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #31
themostversatile

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mo

+1 for no UMA in Atlanta. I did get UMA out in Marietta yesterday but not at the house which is inside 285(for my fellow ATL residents). At least it's a known issue and hopefully they're really working on it. We'll see if they have this fixed today...
Old 07-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #32
newberry52
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well, I am glad to see that all of our complaints have finally generated some problem-solving on the part of Tmo. My EDGE service inside my house isn't all that great so I am really missing my Wi-Fi and the free phone calls that I am used to making from home. I am not complaining about CS since they have worked hard with me, even though they appear to have been just as much in the dark as I was. And I have been compensated for my inconvenience yesterday with a total 150 bonus minutes for both of our phones and I am getting a replacement handset probably tomorrow although it's probably not necessary. I just hate the inconvenience.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #33
wesgarner

Model: 8100
Default problems

same problem here in Birmingham, AL using a blackberry curve and hiport router
Old 07-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #34
silvervic02

Wait and see, wait and see

Well, good to know that this is a wide ranging issue...
Not good to know that it's still not back up yet!

Cheers
Old 07-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #35
panberry

Model: 8310
Carrier: tmobile

Same here..
I opened the Tech ticket with TM .. hope they will resolved this soon.
meanwhile don;t reset your BB or router ..or anything ... it's the TM issue and they need to resolve it...
Also call them and ask them for the bonus points ...
Old 07-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #36
michaelstanton

Mobile, Ala. - Same issue. BB Curve Tmo Linksys router with Comcast Internet
Old 07-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #37
bberry8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by newberry52 View Post
Well, I am glad to see that all of our complaints have finally generated some problem-solving on the part of Tmo. My EDGE service inside my house isn't all that great so I am really missing my Wi-Fi and the free phone calls that I am used to making from home. I am not complaining about CS since they have worked hard with me, even though they appear to have been just as much in the dark as I was. And I have been compensated for my inconvenience yesterday with a total 150 bonus minutes for both of our phones and I am getting a replacement handset probably tomorrow although it's probably not necessary. I just hate the inconvenience.
You and I must live in the same area. I have the same issues you do. Dismal service with EDGE inside my house; not enough to have a casual conversation with that's for sure. And with the UMA down, that equates to NO SERVICE. For some reason I have never had an issue with EDGE inside my house until recently. And lately, it's been an issue just about everywhere I go, north of Atlanta proper, as well. I've been with TMO for some time now and with this latest issue with UMA and their inability to figure out that it's THEIR problem, they will not get a new contract from me ever again. I have wasted countless upon countless hours with them. And time I don't have to spare. But that's for the "rant and rave" forum ...
Old 07-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #38
jibi
BlackBerry God

Carrier: AT&T

I was able to successfully connect to UMA from work earlier today (around noon) over our WPA wi-fi network. This was in Downtown Atlanta.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #39
shonil

Carrier: tmobile

I too am in Atlanta and had problems since yesterday and spent hours on the phone and went to a starbucks to check if it was my phone or router. I got the same answer it must be my phone. I finally got them to listen by reading this forum to the rep who said he would put in a ticket about a uma problem. even when i couldn't connect with another hotspot phone they still wanted to send me another phone and my phone is only 3 weeks old. Mine seems to be back on now but I don't know for how long because it was on this morning for a short time.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #40
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

The folks who are being sent replacement handsets should probably refuse the package when it arrives so it's returned to T-Mobile. I know I wouldn't want to replace my store-bought (and new) 8320 for a refurbished one with who knows what other problems.

Dave
Closed Thread