Old 04-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
jbollyn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Iron Man Theme for Bold!

Please Login to Remove!

OK...I am a phone geek. But my new Bold with the Iron Man theme is, by far, the best cell phone experience I have ever had. And the theme is free!

Link omitted on purpose...
Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Carrier: Rogers

lol well then my opinion/comment is omitted on purpose...
Old 04-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
fmp

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

What exactly is the point of your post if you leave the link out. Do you actually think anyone here cares that you like a theme?

You are going to make a lot of friends here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbollyn View Post
OK...I am a phone geek. But my new Bold with the Iron Man theme is, by far, the best cell phone experience I have ever had. And the theme is free!

Link omitted on purpose...
Old 04-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Maybe he does not have enough posts yet to link so ill do his dirty work

Animated Ironman Theme - 9000 Bold Theme - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

link submitted
Old 04-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
jbollyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmp View Post
What exactly is the point of your post if you leave the link out. Do you actually think anyone here cares that you like a theme?

You are going to make a lot of friends here.
Anyone who can't figure out how to search google for "iron man theme blackberry" (without quotes) is completely clueless, and probably uses an iPhone anyway.

And yes, I do think some people here will want to check this theme out. Because it was a very popular movie, and the theme is free. One of the very few movies I have watched more than once, on Blu-ray.

If you are looking for an e-fight, that is not what I do. But I do sometimes overestimate the Internet skills of my online readers.

I apologize for upsetting you.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
Meyefull
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: stack Sucks

This theme LOOKS nice but in reality sucks because it kills the battery and lags up the phone because of the energy its taking to power his eyes up...i deleted it a week after having it months ago..
Old 04-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #7
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Anyone who can't figure out how to search google for "iron man theme blackberry" (without quotes) is completely clueless, and probably uses an iPhone anyway.
This is a very generalized statement and pretty unnecessary. This is a community, it's nice to share info with others. When you're looking for something, would you like others to send you on a wild goose chase to find what you're looking for?

Quote:
And yes, I do think some people here will want to check this theme out. Because it was a very popular movie, and the theme is free. One of the very few movies I have watched more than once, on Blu-ray.
I am glad you enjoyed the movie. I didn't really care for it.

Quote:
If you are looking for an e-fight, that is not what I do. But I do sometimes overestimate the Internet skills of my online readers.

I apologize for upsetting you.
No need to fight, this is a friendly community. Let's keep it that way
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 04-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #8
jbollyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyefull View Post
This theme LOOKS nice but in reality sucks because it kills the battery and lags up the phone because of the energy its taking to power his eyes up...i deleted it a week after having it months ago..
You da man! Finally! A helpful response to this forum newbie!

I also had the feeling that the IM theme is a battery drain. It does not matter much to me, because I don't use my Bold for long periods, without a place to plug into AC. But the cool factor of IM's eyes is clearly intended for people who don't care much about having to recharge the battery more often than with other themes. Several women (co-workers) I have shown it to, clearly wanted to have sex with me immediately.

But I am so new with this phone, I had no frame of reference. I did not have a feeling for how long the battery charge would last with some other theme.

Thanks for your help, Meyefull.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
jbollyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
This is a very generalized statement and pretty unnecessary. This is a community, it's nice to share info with others. When you're looking for something, would you like others to send you on a wild goose chase to find what you're looking for?

I am glad you enjoyed the movie. I didn't really care for it.

What's not to like about the movie? IM killing terrorists who kidnapped him, and kidnapped innocent helpless civilians? Please pardon me, you certainly smell like a Democrat, and I mean that in the best way.

Wild goose chase...A simple intuitive google search?! I think if my reader has to think a bit, the solution is sweeter. I don't spoon-feed anyone.

No need to fight, this is a friendly community. Let's keep it that way
It is only a wild goose chase if you have little chance of finding the answer. You seem like a very bright guy, especially for a Democrat. I'm sure you are at least several steps ahead of me. I will try to keep up.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
jsconyers

Quote:
It is only a wild goose chase if you have little chance of finding the answer. You seem like a very bright guy, especially for a Democrat. I'm sure you are at least several steps ahead of me. I will try to keep up.
Interesting assumptions. How do you get that I am a democrat by me not liking Ironman? I didn't like the movie because I thought it was over-hyped, I feel like it didn't live up to the hype. I thought the movie was slow. I thought the plot was kind of boring. I think they basically just threw the ending together with no real buildup. That's my opinion of the movie. It differs from yours, but I still fail to see how any political preference can be drawn into my dislike of a movie.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
jbollyn

Quote:
Interesting assumptions. How do you get that I am a democrat by me not liking Ironman? I didn't like the movie because I thought it was over-hyped, I feel like it didn't live up to the hype. I thought the movie was slow. I thought the plot was kind of boring. I think they basically just threw the ending together with no real buildup. That's my opinion of the movie. It differs from yours, but I still fail to see how any political preference can be drawn into my dislike of a movie.
I need to actually spell it out? OK.

Bush was for the war. In fact, it was his war. Bush is a Republician. But he is certainly mentally deficient.

The post-war has, by all accounts, gone badly for the US. I respect Hussein, because with Harvard Law School Review, he is way smarter than I will ever be.

IM is basically a pro-USA jingoistic movie. And I am as pro-USA as they get. So I cheer for IM. Democrats, and whoever else, cheer for the terrorists.

I feel like my audience is three years old.

Please try to keep up.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #12
jsconyers

Quote:
I need to actually spell it out? OK.

Bush was for the war. In fact, it was his war. Bush is a Republician. But he is certainly mentally deficient.

The post-war has, by all accounts, gone badly for the US. I respect Hussein, because with Harvard Law School Review, he is way smarter than I will ever be.

IM is basically a pro-USA jingoistic movie. And I am as pro-USA as they get. So I cheer for IM. Democrats, and whoever else, cheer for the terrorists.

I feel like my audience is three years old.

Please try to keep up.
Wow. First and foremost, how you interpret a movie does not reflect how I do. When I watched that movie, I did not think of President Bush at all. The movie had nothing to do with it. It is based off of a comic book, FICTION.

Furthermore, you can refer to President Obama by his middle name if you would like. I don't know if you think that insults me. You don't know my political beliefs at all. You can assume all you would like. But we all know what they say when you ASSUME. You're doing a your part of making the first half of that statement true

You can continue to make your generalized statements if you'd like. However, I do not appreciate you trying to talk down to me. You can think you're better than I am because you're a republican and you assume that I am a democrat all you want. I don't care. I am not three years old.

Yes, I did need you to explain your interpretation of the movie to me because it was different than the way I looked at the movie. If you think that makes me stupid, or less of a person as compared to you, then so be it.

This is completely off topic not. Please stop spreading your ignorance around these forums.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #13
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Ok, let's keep this thread civil. jbollyn, what was the point of starting this thread? Are you looking to pick a fight with someone? I ask because that's what it looks like.

Also there is a separate section for political discussion, so please keep politics out of this one. And personal insults are against forum rules. You are not starting out on a positive note with this thread.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #14
jbollyn

Quote:
This is completely off topic...
Finally! You have said something which actually makes sense, and is non-partisan. There are plenty of forums to discuss politics. This is a BB tech forum.

I hate wrestling with pigs, because the pig likes it, and both get muddy.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #15
jsconyers

Quote:
Finally! You have said something which actually makes sense, and is non-partisan. There are plenty of forums to discuss politics. This is a BB tech forum.
LOL, you really have some nerve. You brought up the politics to begin with and now you're trying to place that on me? Take your trolling to one of those forums you speak of.

Quote:
I hate wrestling with pigs, because the pig likes it, and both get muddy.
were you looking in the mirror when you wrote this?

Last edited by jsconyers; 04-17-2009 at 10:22 PM..
Old 04-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
jbollyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Ok, let's keep this thread civil. jbollyn, what was the point of starting this thread? Are you looking to pick a fight with someone? I ask because that's what it looks like.

Also there is a separate section for political discussion, so please keep politics out of this one. And personal insults are against forum rules. You are not starting out on a positive note with this thread.
As I wrote earlier, I was pointing forum members to a free theme which I thought might be of interest. That is the point of starting this thread.

I hate political discussion. And I also avoid ad hominem attacks.

I am proud to support the USA, which is the basic message of the Iron Man movie. No forum administrator is going to change my mind on that score.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #17
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Quote:
As I wrote earlier, I was pointing forum members to a free theme which I thought might be of interest. That is the point of starting this thread.

I hate political discussion. And I also avoid ad hominem attacks.

I am proud to support the USA, which is the basic message of the Iron Man movie. No forum administrator is going to change my mind on that score.
Posts about themes should go in the Media Center section. You started the political comments. No one is trying to change your mind.

Last edited by daphne; 04-17-2009 at 10:37 PM..
Old 04-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #18
jbollyn

Quote:
LOL, you really have some nerve. You brought up the politics to begin with and now you're trying to place that on me? Take your trolling to one of those forums you speak of.

were you looking in the mirror when you wrote this?
As a new forum member, I still need to figure out how to automatically block your pearls of wisdom. I feel dumber for having read your stuff.

Does your high post count allow you to attack new forum members with impunity?

I apologize. I don't suffer fools gladly.

Last edited by jbollyn; 04-17-2009 at 10:43 PM..
Old 04-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #19
jbollyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
Posts about themes should go in the Media Center section. You started the political comments. No one is trying to change your mind.
As a new forum member, I did not know I was posting to the wrong forum. I will try to avoid such mistakes in the future.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #20
darkdragoon
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 2562425C
Carrier: SmarTone-Vodafone

Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000)

Chad! Is that you?
Closed Thread