Old 03-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
rkh3
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Default Jawbone volume far too low

Please Login to Remove!

OK, bought a Jawbone & used it for the first time today, not very happy with it.

The volume while driving, it is far too low. Turned up the BB as far as it could go. This is while using it with an eargel.

I bought eargels that have the piece that sticks up. Are their different ones?

I didn't use the ear loop, but the volume would be even worse as it pulls the unit away from my ear.

Aside from turning the volume up on the BB is there any way to increase it on the Jawbone?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
authentic8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO

While on a call, press the rear noise shield button. You should hear a tone and jump in volume. This is the volume control for the Jawbone itself. I had this happen too, I was wondering why everyone thought this thing was so great until I found this. I tried to post a pic of the button but I can't right now. Let me know if this works. There are 5 volume levels to the headset. THe important part is you must be connected to a call. Call into your voicemail to try it.

Last edited by authentic8; 03-15-2008 at 08:02 AM..
Old 03-15-2008, 08:07 AM   #3
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

As he said, adjust the JB volume up.

And, in my experience, the eargels I have the "hole" or the pokey piece facing downward, not up (if that is what you said).
Old 03-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #4
tpeetros
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130

I tried a Jawbone as well and while everyone said I sounded great, the volume just wasn't high enough for me, even at the highest setting. I have a bit of hearing loss as well so strong volume in a headset is a must for me. Too bad as it seemed great other than that.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
pgrossman

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

That's wild, as I am having the exact opposite happening to me. I have to keep the volume on the bb all the way at the bottom or it will blow me away.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
tranquilo

Model: 8130
Carrier: Alltel

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrossman
That's wild, as I am having the exact opposite happening to me. I have to keep the volume on the bb all the way at the bottom or it will blow me away.
I, too, have this problem: too loud, particularly when there is a lot of ambient noise which triggers the Jawbone's auto-adjust volume control. Using the larger jabra eargel (form-fitted)
Old 04-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
nohbdyshero
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
PIN: the tail on the donkey
Carrier: sprint

Too quiet for me too
Old 07-04-2008, 02:39 AM   #8
RickUpton

Model: N/A
Default Volume too low due to defective unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeetros View Post
the volume just wasn't high enough for me, even at the highest setting. I have a bit of hearing loss as well so strong volume in a headset is a must for me.
Maybe you have a defective unit? I had one which was too quiet at the loudest volume, took it back to the AT&T store where I bought it exchanged it for another one that is too loud at the highest volume. My hearing isn't great either, but with the defective one my wife who has great hearing couldn't hear anything on the defective unit except when the volume was set to maximum and there wasn't much noise around.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #9
Dodge DeBoulet
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530

Just curious . . . is this the kind of Eargel you're using (see attached pictures)? This works great for me, dramatically increasing the volume of the Jawbone, and I paid something like $2.50 for a package of them (2 of this style, and 2 of the round style that I don't use) at a Verizon corporate store.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JawBoneGel01.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	12071   Click image for larger version

Name:	JawBoneGel02.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	12072  
Old 07-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #10
b_ohare
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs down Jawbone volume too low

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic8 View Post
While on a call, press the rear noise shield button. You should hear a tone and jump in volume. This is the volume control for the Jawbone itself. I had this happen too, I was wondering why everyone thought this thing was so great until I found this. I tried to post a pic of the button but I can't right now. Let me know if this works. There are 5 volume levels to the headset. THe important part is you must be connected to a call. Call into your voicemail to try it.
Too low for me as well. When I'm on a call and press the rear noise shield button, I do hear the tones and the volume cycles from lowest to highest. However, every time I press the button, I see the volume graphic on my 8310 move in synch from low to high. So, unless I'm doing something wrong, it appears to me that pressing the Jawbone button does the same thing as lowering or raising your volume on your Blackberry using the +/- keys.

Though I have the eargel on mine pointing up, I've tried it pointing down to and I notice no difference in volume.

- B.
Closed Thread