BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #41
tdryanjr

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Default 7250 and GN Netcom 6210

Please Login to Remove!

I bought the GN Netcom 6210 because it is based on the BT250 (GN Netcom is parent company of Jabra) and works with both an office phone and BT mobile at the same time. The headset sound is fine for both my office phone and BB7250. I get some pops and clicks but these are not loud, I really only notice them during silence.

The problem I have is that I can't answer or hang up calls on the BB. For incoming calls I have to press the multi-function button on the headset, wait for it to connect to the phone and then answer the call. At the end of the call, pressing the multi-function button only disconnects the phone from the 7250. I then have to hang up the 7250 from the escape button.

Related to this issue, the 7250 does not ring in the headset when I receive a call. I have only had the headset for a few days and can't find anyone else with experience with this combo yet so I am going to contact GN Netcom to see if they have anything on it.

I like the functionality of using the same headset in my office but I am not ready to recommend this combo yet.

I will repost as I find out more.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:44 AM   #42
farisk

Model: 9530
Carrier: Bell

Hey Everyone,

This is my first post on this site. Just wanted to let everyone know that I recently got my BB on the Bell network in Canada and after a week bought the HS850 cause it was starting get annoying talking to a computer. I am very happy with everything. Sometimes on the headset there is complaining of them able to hear themselves - but it only happens once a week. The volume on the headset is ok - not recommended for noisy environments. Its great for my use - no complaints yet.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:11 PM   #43
n_meislich

Model: 7250
Default Problem getting the Plantronics 510 to work with BB 7250

I recently purchased the Voyager 510 to use with my Blackberry 7250 from Verizon. I had no problems pairing the units but the 510 will not pick up or end calls from the Call Control button. Calls can be accepted and ended at the 7250 only. After accepting or placing a call, the call is automatically picked up by the headset. If the headset is powered on and discovered then I can’t use the BB phone at all. And then I can’t disconnect from the headset, I have to go back the the BB to end the call. In short, none of the functions that are supposed to be accomplished using the Call Control button actually work.

I spoke with Plantronics and Verizon and of course they just pointed fingers at each other. The best answer I got was from a Plantronics tech who suggested that maybe the unit was defective. I bought the 510 from Amazon so I’ll have to wait another week to get a replacement unit and find out.

So.. has anyone ever tried this pairing and is this really how it’s supposed to work? Or do you think the 510 might be defective? Or perhaps is there some setting that I’ve overlooked to get it to function properly?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:46 PM   #44
jnelson2000
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I have a 7250 and PT v510 and have not had an issue with what you are saying. Mine can answer and end calls fine from the call botton on both the hedset and phone.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:54 PM   #45
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

I replied to your PM with the following:

I did not try it with the 7250 because I had returned mine some time back due to voice quality problems and mic sensitivity in noisy environments. However, that is not the way it is supposed to work.

First question, do you have the 510 set as a trusted device? If not that may be the cause of your problem. In the Tools\Settings\Bluetooth menu select the PLT 510 vD and select Device Properties and select Trusted and set to yes.

If this is not the problem, one of two possibilities exists: 1) Unit is defective (maybe switch is bad), 2) BB7250 Bluetooth software is not compatible with the unit. (I think I have read other posts from 7250 owners that have purchased the V510 and not had any problems though I could be wrong).

If you or a friend has another Bluetooth phone you might try it and see.

If you are on a call using the V510 and want to switch it to the phone you should be able to click the track wheel and select switch to handset.

If not, there is a problem with the 7250 software. You don't indicate what version of the 7250 software you are using. There is a newer version that is supposed to fix some of the issues though I have never tried it.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 07-20-2005, 09:59 PM   #46
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

I have a 7250 and a Motorola HS-820 and it works superbly (only thing missing is Voice Dial) Developers please take note.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 07-20-2005, 10:10 PM   #47
jrz4shore

Model: 7250e

Kinda spooky, I also have a BB7250 with VZW and also recently purchased a v510 headset through Amazon.com! I had a similar problem when I first hooked up the headset; like barjohn suggested I changed the Device Properties for the v510 to "Trusted" and that solved two problems - having to accept the device on the BB each time I powered it on, and geting the headset to accept and end calls with the Call Control button.

One thing I notice, if you push the Call Control button for any longer than a second it tends not to work correctly to end or accept a call. There's a blurb about that in the v510 instruction book also...it took me a day or so to get used to that.

Other than that I've been pretty happy with the v510's performance (thanks to barjohn and the other reviewers for helping me make the buy decision)! If these tips don't help, your headset may be defective - either way best of luck to you!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:14 PM   #48
CanuckMakem

Model: 8100
PIN: 205DDA2C
Carrier: Rogers

Damn.... I have no idea which headset to get now!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 07:35 PM   #49
SDCromer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650

I have a 7250 on Verizon. The first Motorola HS850 worked great - no problems. Left it in my pants pocket and it got washed. Second HS850 has static, connectivity issues, and a big time echo on the other end. I now have a Motorola HS820 and it works great.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:02 PM   #50
cbrcom

Model: 7520
Default Blackberry 7520 and Motorola HS850 and HF850

Blackberry 7520 and Motorola HS850 and HF850

The HF850 is Motorola's Bluetooth car kit. I had it installed in my truck and when using my BB7520, I can hear an echo with my voice (on my end). I can hardly get thru with a long sentence without being confused hearing my voice echo. I can hear the other party very good. I really hope my phone is messed up and not that the 7520 Model in general is bad with this. I can always get my phone replaced thru Nextel.

I used my wife's Motorola V710 on the HF850 car kit and it works perfectly. So, I know the car kit is good.

The HS850 headset, again the same thing with the ECHO on my end. I can't stand to use this. I have to use it with the volume almost all the way down to not hear myself echo. It is a bad thing. I love the headset's looks/features, but it doesn't help when actually talking on the headset you get pissed hearing yourself. Any body else have anything to add?
Old 07-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #51
CanuckMakem

Model: 8100
PIN: 205DDA2C

Well I decided on the HS820. I'm charging it now...
Old 10-28-2005, 07:42 AM   #52
kennethbokor

Model: 8300
Default I am glad you have found a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by farisk
Hey Everyone,

This is my first post on this site. Just wanted to let everyone know that I recently got my BB on the Bell network in Canada and after a week bought the HS850 cause it was starting get annoying talking to a computer. I am very happy with everything. Sometimes on the headset there is complaining of them able to hear themselves - but it only happens once a week. The volume on the headset is ok - not recommended for noisy environments. Its great for my use - no complaints yet.

I too looked at the HS850 but returned it for the echoing and not enough volume for me. Seems like the 7250 has an inherent echo problem that can only be fixed by a software upgrade, which is not avail yet.

I wrote a more extensive review on another thread (keywords = echo bluetooth 7250, to find it) so please have a read.

Ken
Old 10-30-2006, 10:52 AM   #53
kelemvor

Model: 7250

I've tried a motorola (forget the exact model#) and a plantronics 320, both sound really bad, had popping noises, low volume etc. It sounds to me like the problems are more related to the 7250 itself rather than any particular headset. Hopefully its not a hardware problem and rim can address it at some point in a firmware update or something.
Closed Thread