BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #21
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

After a battery pull, I had to reactivate the custom text in my links which is not a big deal.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #22
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Just wanted to take a moment and say how much I'm enjoying this app. I've been wanting the ability to make shortcuts to some of my contacts for a long time.

Thanks for this!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 AM   #23
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T

When creating a Dial IconifyLink I receive the following error.

Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.

The "MIDlet-Name" attribute is missing
Old 02-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #24
emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyoo View Post
When creating a Dial IconifyLink I receive the following error.

Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.

The "MIDlet-Name" attribute is missing
huh! - that's strange - is the default BB-Browser opening the JAD file (or is that a 3'd party product) - also a possible cause could be, that there is not enough space left on your store folder [but it might be something completely different]
Old 02-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #25
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
huh! - that's strange - is the default BB-Browser opening the JAD file (or is that a 3'd party product) - also a possible cause could be, that there is not enough space left on your store folder [but it might be something completely different]
The default browser is attempting to open this link file:///store/home/user/ringtones/com_emacberry_iconify_00001.jad but it continues to error.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #26
emacf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyoo View Post
The default browser is attempting to open this link file:///store/home/user/ringtones/com_emacberry_iconify_00001.jad but it continues to error.
Could you check (e.g. with FileScout) what filesize this jad is having? [when it have a file size of '0', then I already know the source of the problem and then the next Iconify build will contain probably a fix]
Old 02-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #27
devnull

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

@emacf1

FYI, when I deleted this app, it left behind .jad and .cod files in "/Device Memory/home/user/ringtones" on my 9000.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 AM   #28
emacf1

Thanks for this info - but actually I have to admit, that this could only happen, if Iconify will be used in a quite "un-cooperative" way - the jad & cod will be deleted in the moment when the IconifyLink will be initialized (Links will be initialized, when you choose "RUN" after the installation, or when you reboot your device) - if none of that will be done or the Update Links from the Options is used), then it indeed happens, that the small cod & jad will remain in the FS (location will anyhow change in the next release) after the deintstallation of Iconify - indeed not optimal.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:23 AM   #29
devnull

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
Thanks for this info - but actually I have to admit, that this could only happen, if Iconify will be used in a quite "un-cooperative" way - the jad & cod will be deleted in the moment when the IconifyLink will be initialized (Links will be initialized, when you choose "RUN" after the installation, or when you reboot your device) - if none of that will be done or the Update Links from the Options is used), then it indeed happens, that the small cod & jad will remain in the FS (location will anyhow change in the next release) after the deintstallation of Iconify - indeed not optimal.
Reason for removal is because I could not get the IconifyWeb Links to work. Each time I tried, it would not create links in the download folder. It went thru the entire process of creation, just simply didn't create Links in download folder or any other folder. Maybe this is what you mean by "un-cooperative"?

Both IconifyDialLink and IconifyMaillLinks worked fine.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:43 AM   #30
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

@devnull or MrKyoo-- Are either of you using an alternate Browser (e.g., BOLT) as the default browser? As far as I'm aware, Iconify does not currently work with browsers other than RIM's.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #31
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Reason for removal is because I could not get the IconifyWeb Links to work. Each time I tried, it would not create links in the download folder. It went thru the entire process of creation, just simply didn't create Links in download folder or any other folder. Maybe this is what you mean by "un-cooperative"?

Both IconifyDialLink and IconifyMaillLinks worked fine.
I believe that Matthias was referring to an abnormal termination of the installation. As English is not his native language (he is based in Germany), sometimes his words can sometimes have subtle meanings that are unintentional.

Also, did you try a reboot after creating the web links? I have found that this is sometimes necessary in order for the icon to appear.

Last edited by visortgw; 02-05-2010 at 08:49 AM..
Old 02-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #32
devnull

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
@devnull or MrKyoo-- Are either of you using an alternate Browser (e.g., BOLT) as the default browser? As far as I'm aware, Iconify does not currently work with browsers other than RIM's.
Only used the native browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
I believe that Matthias was referring to an abnormal termination of the installation. As English is not his native language (he is based in Germany), sometimes his words can sometimes have subtle meanings that are unintentional.

Also, did you try a reboot after creating the web links? I have found that this is sometimes necessary in order for the icon to appear.
Installation of the app went fine.
Installation of IconifyDialLink and IconifyMaillLinks worked fine.
Installation of IconifyWeb Links is where I began having issues. I dont think I rebooted after attempting this step. I will try again sometime later and report back.

As said before, it's quite possible I am doing something wrong and don't wanna give others a bad impression.

Thanks for developing a very cool app.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:46 AM   #33
emacf1

Default Update to v0.8.4

Iconify update v0.8.4

What's new
  • Combined Mail-Links & Dial-Links
  • SMS to all contact Numbers
  • Performance & installer issues
See the Iconify Changelog for Details

How to update?
Simple open the Iconify Options (via BlackBerry options) and select the MenuItem 'Check for updates...'

or

point your Browser to the OTA installer: Iconify for BlackBerry® Download

Thanks so much for all your feedback so far...
Matthias
Old 02-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #34
emacf1

Quote:
Installation of IconifyWeb Links is where I began having issues. I dont think I rebooted after attempting this step. I will try again sometime later and report back.

As said before, it's quite possible I am doing something wrong and don't wanna give others a bad impression.
Thanks for your clarification visortgw - I already though that the choice of my words where not very wise

It's very strange devnull, that Mail & Dial Links work for you, but not WEB-Links... Yes they are different - but actually they should be at least created in the same way - something i would like to ask is: When you create a new WebLink - the LinkLauchner Installation will start? Or is it, that you can configure the link - but nothing happens - or is it, that the LinkConfiguration Dialog does not open?
Old 02-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #35
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8830)

Thanks -- great update! This also adds a main Iconify app in the Downloads folder that launches directly to the Iconify Options (with an Option to pop up a quick guide). Just a note -- creating a combo dial/mail link is a two step process.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #36
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8830)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1
Quote:

Thanks for your clarification visortgw - I already though that the choice of my words where not very wise

It's very strange devnull, that Mail & Dial Links work for you, but not WEB-Links... Yes they are different - but actually they should be at least created in the same way - something i would like to ask is: When you create a new WebLink - the LinkLauchner Installation will start? Or is it, that you can configure the link - but nothing happens - or is it, that the LinkConfiguration Dialog does not open?
Another possibility is that you are being affected by a BlackBerry® OS bug (imagine that!) that limits the number of apps that can be installed on a device. I have not determined the real limit, but I have run into it a number of times on my Tour with symptoms such as you describe. Each Iconify link creates another app. Are you able to add additonal dial or mail links? This may be something completely different, but I just wanted to throw out the possibility...

(BlackBerry® Tour/9630/OS v4.7.1.61 (rel 124)/Platform 4.1.0.81/VZW)
Old 02-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #37
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Thanks for the update. This new version seems to work now with no error message.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #38
emacf1

Iconify v1.0 released
...as quick not (I am not feeling very well in the moment) - Iconify v1.0.2 is online now - thank you all for your valuable feedback & suggestions - I hope most of them made it into the v1.0 build.

I am sorry that the requests for support of other Browsers (like Bolt) could not be implemented for now - the reason is quite simple: there is no way to "remote control" these 3'rd part Browsers from Iconify (my request is still pending somewhere in the support).

Please note, that the v1.0.2 build requires a real Registration Code once the 14 day trial period is over. So do not update, if you want to use the free beta.

All details about the new Version can be found at the Iconify Homepage...

If you like to get instantly your RegistrationCode simple get it here at the BlackBerryAPPS Store:

15 Link Version
http://www.blackberryapps.com/product.asp?id=50391

50 Link Version
http://www.blackberryapps.com/product.asp?id=50392

Matthias
Old 02-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #39
emacf1

Iconify v1.0.4 released
In order to tackle the lost of IconifyLink names I have added few more things, that should make manual "Refresh all links" more or less obsolete...

What's new
  • New Option 'Autorefresh IconifyLink every 30min, 1h, 2h, 6h, 12h, 24h or OFF'
    Can be used if you encounter frequently the lost of the IconifyLink icons and/or texts (e.g. when you deinsall an application via the options or changing the active theme). The default setting is 2hours. If you haven't any issues in the past (like myself on my Storm2 running OS5.0.0.436) then you can turn this function OFF.
  • Icon sizes tweaked to match better the default device icon size [e.g. on Bold, Bold2 & Tour]
  • Iconify now also available as ALX to be installed offline via RIM's DesktopManager - ALX installer can be found at the emacberry.com Iconify Download page: http://www.emacberry.com/ico/iconify_03download.html

What's fixed
  • Some workarounds to try to force the update of IconifyLinks that are located in the first row of your Homescreen when the device is rebooted.
    IconifyLinks that are visible on the default HomeScreen (no #Menu button have to be pressed) might not show the assigned IconifyLink Icon because of issues in the OS (or theme) itself. This build improves the situation but still might not work in all situations.

If you like to get instantly your RegistrationCode simple get it here in the CrackBerry Shop:
Old 02-23-2010, 02:22 AM   #40
emacf1

Iconify v1.0.4.1 hotfix

What's fixed
  • IndexOutOfBounceException when creating IconifyLinks (Dial&Mail) for contacts without given and family name

Update you current installation simply via the Iconify Options: Check for updates...
Closed Thread