BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
MitchG

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Verizon&t
Exclamation Deleted messages in Outlook stay in Pearl

Please Login to Remove!

This one could be a BES or a Pearl issue. Not sure which at the moment.

We have:

Exchange 2003 SP2
BES 4.0.5
About 120 BB 7250
About 10 BB 8700g
2 BB Pearl
Everything is set for wireless sync.

The two pearl units are newish to the env and we have a couple of issues with them.

1. If the Pearl user deletes an email from Outlook 2003 while the device is not attached to their computer the message will not delete. It just stays there. We want it to also be deleted from the inbox on the Pearl straight away.

2. One of the Pearl users has the Desktop 4.2 SP1 installed on their WinXP machine. When the Pearl is attached via USB any new emails he gets do not show up on his device. He has to wait until he disconnects before they come in. The other Pearl user has not installed any Desktop software yet until we solve this issue.

I don't have this problem with the 7250 or 8700 devices. Is there some sort of defaults for the Pearl that are different?

Do I need to install SP6 for the BES to have compatibility with the Pearl devices?

All very annoying! Thanks for any input on this one, Mitch.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #2
gjminer
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: The Cloud

Well,
What I had to do was wipe the device.
Not sure if your mail template was recently updated. Mine was before the last SP was installed and what I needed to do was wipe the device and place the device on a different BES server. Once I did that it took care of the issue. Just going to the latest SP didnt fix the issue.
But you will have to wipe the device after you upgrade to fix your issue I found out.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
fiffer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Do the deleted from Outlook eventually delete or not delete at all?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
chrbes
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

I am seeing a similiar issue with our new pearls. Deleting from the handheld will remove from outlook, but deleting in Outlook leaves the message on the handheld.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:34 AM   #5
conniet
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers
Default Users Doing a Shift Delete?

Mitch:

My Pearl users were experiencing the same issue. Call to support provided the following info:

BES 4.0.x doesn't support hard deletes (user does a shift delete), BES 4.1 does - users had to change to "normal" deletes. Also - if a user deletes the items and cleans out deleted items folder in less than 20 minutes, then items will not delete. Tech said that deletion reconciliation is a low priority process and it scans through the whole mailbox looking to see if a message has moved to the deleted items folder - if the folder was emptied before this process runs, then the items are never deleted on the handheld.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
MitchG

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Verizon&t

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like the answer is to upgrade to BES 4.1.
Closed Thread