Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 PM   #1
JG in SB
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default Any Jabra JX20 Users Out There?

Please Login to Remove!

I recently started using the Jabra BT530 and I love it. I am also planning to try out one of those titanium JX20's which look alot cooler, but don't have the "noise blackout" feature of the BT530, although they do have nearly every other feature of the BT530. Supposedly they still sound really good.

I wanted to check and see if there is anyone using one of these with a Bold that can report their results.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by JG in SB; 11-03-2008 at 09:59 PM..
Old 11-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #2
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

I haven't seen alot of them out online actually. I've been checking Amazon and, quite frankly, I've been so happy with the BT530 that I haven't been that interested.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:29 AM   #3
JG in SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
I haven't seen alot of them out online actually. I've been checking Amazon and, quite frankly, I've been so happy with the BT530 that I haven't been that interested.
Yes. The BT530 IS fantastic. I have been using mine both with my BB 8800 and a Jabra A7010 bluetooth hub that lets me use it as a headset with my office phone as well. Works just as advertised, and was very easy to set up.

I guess I am just irrationally attracted to shiny metal objects....like a racoon I guess. The idea of a real titanium headset, and one that looks as cool as the JX20 is something I had to check out. I can do a side by side comparison of both in a few days and see which one I like better, then return the other.

BTW I was able to get the JX20 from Hello Direct here in the USA. I guess it isn't widely available yet, but they had them in stock, and actuallyshipped it today.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG in SB View Post
BTW I was able to get the JX20 from Hello Direct here in the USA. I guess it isn't widely available yet, but they had them in stock, and actuallyshipped it today.
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check out the site. Wait!...no I don't...stop tempting me!! I don't need another BT headset! lol
Old 11-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
JG in SB

OK. I received my JX20 headset on Monday and I have been using it for a few days now.

I am VERY happy with it. I first looked at it because I had been using the BT530, and to date, that had been the best headset I had ever used. However, I wanted one that was even smaller, and I could not resist the fact that the JX20 is finished off in real brushed titanium, which looks absolutely stunning.

So how well does it work? Really, really well. My callers report that they hear me loud and clear. This includes when I am out next to heavy street traffic, and also in the office. Additionally, I hear them loud and clear, and the volume on the JX20 earpiece is actually louder than that on the excellent BT530. In fact, the JX20 is the first headset I have ever used that I actually set to LESS than the max volume available.

The JX20 does not have the latest cutting-edge "Noise Blackout" technology that is present in the less expensive BT530. That technology works really well. However, the JX20 apparently DOES share the same DSP noise reduction technology that is present in the BT530. The bottom line is that the JX20 appears to do a great job of cutting out background noise, if not quite to the extreme of the BT530.

Compared to the BT530, and any other headset I have ever tried, the JX20 has the best connection to the BlackBerry. Most other headsets get "crackly" when I have the phone in my left side pocket and the headset in my right ear. The JX20 seems to work fine in this configuration, and is rock solid when I am holding the handset in front of me. Additionally, the way it turns on and off, by rotating the earpiece, is really functional and easy. In fact, you can easily turn the thing on and off while it remains clipped on your ear.

I did not like the "stock" earpieces that came with the JX20. They never provided a secure enough feeling fit for me. However, with the earhook, and a Jabra 3rd generation eargel installed, there is a very secure and comfortable fit. There are two ridges for the earpiec gels to fit onto the JX20. The ones that come with it fit in between the two ridges. However, the width of the two ridges matches EXACTLY the width of the earpiece retainer on the BT530, so the BT530 Jabra eargells fit onto the JX20 perfectly, like they were made for it. I am assuming this is no accident. With a 3rd generation eargel on the JX20, I can hold my head sideways (with the JX20 pointing straight at the ground), shake my head around, and the headset stays securely in place.

The few reviews I have read about the JX20 mention only "average" call quality, and difficulty pairing the unit to some phones, specifically, the Samsung BlackJack. You should bear in mind that both the reviewers phone, and the reviewers phone service provider have as much of an impact on call quality and connection strength as does any BT headset. My hands-on experience with the JX20 does not match that of people who said it has mediocre performance. I have had nothing short of excellent performance from it, paired to my Bold using AT&T's 3G service. I'll be keeping the JX20 and returning my BT530, also an excellent headset, but I just like the JX20 better. If they ever come out with a "Noise Blackout" equipped version of the JX20, that would probably be the finset BT headset in the world. I will be anxiously awaiting such a product.

Last edited by JG in SB; 11-13-2008 at 03:02 PM..
Old 11-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Thanks for the review! Now I might have to go pick one up. *sigh* haha
Old 11-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
JG in SB

Get it. You'll like it. And it will be a nice addition to your collection. BTW I have now been using it for 2 days using only the Jabra eargel with NO earhook, and it stays put very securely and is super comfortable.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:11 PM   #8
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

So, I'm curious if you're still using the JX20 JG. Has the BT530 been shelved?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
notec
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATM
Thumbs up Jabra Jx20 Bt Hdst Titanium

Just got mine for $86.92.

- Love the pick up/hang up button on the headset without touching the handset - that actually works!
- Volume buttons on top are tiny so, for folks with sausage like digits, it'll be a challenge when in the ear.
- Theres a lag when changing the volume as displayed by the vertical bars on the handset. Where as, my previous headset the display was instant.
- Hangs in the ear (without the awkward clip) unsettling at first but getting used to it day by day.
- Call quality is very good both to land lines and other wireless units (west coast to east coast / att network both units).
- No blinking blue indicator on the outside (it's a tiny led on the inside of the unit).

This thing is tiny - looks and feels great. (The titanium outside plate attracts finger prints instantly)...

Still evaluating the charge hold time...

- The charger stand is elegant, and you can recharge the headset with or without it.
Closed Thread