Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
CaptSwerve
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Uhhh... I hope it stops now.

Please Login to Remove!

Monday, I take my car to get the brakes changed and find out I need new brakes and rotors. I took the car in so late that they needed to start in the morning. Well that was alright but $250 down the drain. Tuesday morning, I'm brushing my teeth before work and spit out something hard. I didn't really think too much about it and figured it was something I had just eaten. Well I get to work and was eating some chocolate and realized my filling had fallen out of my face. Luckily I'm able to get in to see the dentist that morning (YAY!!) but I don't have dental insurance anymore since I just got married (no longer under my parent's insurance) so $160 out of pocket. Wednesday and Thursday were alright (well my mouse started acting wonky Thursday but I don't mind getting another cheap mouse or just use my laptop touch pad thing). Friday (today) I come home for lunch. I sit down to eat and my fridge starts beeping. I think I'm a dumba$$ and left the door open. I go to sling it shut but there is no door open. I look at it and see the freezer light blinking and another light blinking "warm." I open the freezer and it surely is warm. Luckily we have a little fridge/freezer in the garage so I quickly unpack everything and transfer it outside. F@#%!!!! Now I have to go back to work before going fridge shopping with the wife. I am currently accepting Paypal donations. Actually if anyone in Jackson, TN wants to hire me (looking for an IT job), I'll shoot you my resume.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Paragraphs.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Paragraphs.
Word.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Paragraphs.
Que?
Old 12-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc/dc View Post
Que?
A man of few words such as yourself does not require paragraphs.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
A man of few words such as yourself does not require paragraphs.
I love paragraphs though. They are so useful!
Old 12-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

dc, when did you start using punctuation?

BTW, good to see you.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #8
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Quote:
dc, when did you start using punctuation?

BTW, good to see you.
I have always used correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation in any language I use. I used to be the BBF Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation Police.

Thanks! Nice to see you too!
Old 12-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #9
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I must have been thinking of Dawg.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #10
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSwerve View Post
Well I get to work and was eating some chocolate and realized my filling had fallen out of my face.
You have fillings in your face? As in, you have holes in your face that need to be filled in with metal? Ouch.

Quote:
...well my mouse started acting wonky Thursday but I don't mind getting another cheap mouse...
By wonky, do you mean that your mouse refused to run on its wheel? Or maybe it ate some fermented cheese and was a bit tipsy?

Quote:
Actually if anyone in Jackson, TN wants to hire me (looking for an IT job), I'll shoot you my resume.
So you can't operate a refrigerator (or use paragraphs) and you want someone to hire you for IT? Hm...

I kid, I kid.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #11
CaptSwerve

@ aiharkness & kathrynhr:
Sorry for the lack of paragraphs. I was ranting while watching the idiots in the news. I tried to edit my original post to make it more readable but it won't let me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
You have fillings in your face? As in, you have holes in your face that need to be filled in with metal? Ouch.
Actually, I was talking about a filling that came out of a tooth. Since you bring it up, I was in a car accident when I was 17. A drunk driver hit my car and my skull was somewhat crushed. I guess I do have metal fillings in my face and thankfully none of those fell out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
So you can't operate a refrigerator (or use paragraphs) and you want someone to hire you for IT? Hm...

I kid, I kid.
I didn't say I wanted a job as the Maytag man or a newspaper columnist . I confess that my writing skills are lacking but when I code, it's always well structured and commented.

Now for a little update:

After unloading all the food, I decided to leave the ice inside the freezer to make sure it was dead and not just a dead thermostat. I come home from work with water all over the floor. I cleaned up my mess while letting a few words slip out of my mouth.

I went to work this morning thinking that I needed to make some extra money to pay for everything that's breaking. I get home and see that my freezer decided to start working again.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #12
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate luck.

Before you go looking at a new appliance, see if you can find the root cause and fix that. You could most likely do it yourself or hire a repair man. In many cases, it would be a lot cheaper than replacing the entire appliance.

Just because it's working now, doesn't mean it will last much longer. I would keep an eye on it.

Also, take a look here to see if this helps:
Freezer Diagnostic Guide: How To Diagnose a Freezer Problem - ACME HOW TO.com
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 12-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #13
CaptSwerve

The freezer is pretty old. It was a gift from my wife's uncle to help us out with our new home. Since it's so old, I'm not sure how expensive it will be to fix (it's a Lady Kenmore if that gives you an idea of how old).

We (my wife and I) talked this morning and figured that we would use it for the ice maker and put drinks in the fridge for now. We don't want anything perishable in it just in case it decides to die again. We have a fridge in the garage where we are going to keep the perishables items.

We think this can get us through until the end of the month. I will check out the tips on that page to see if I can get the dang thing to last a little longer.

Jsconyers, I'm sorry to see that you're an Eagles fan. But then again, anyone that isn't a Patriots fan is good in my book.

Last edited by CaptSwerve; 12-05-2009 at 06:29 PM..
Old 12-05-2009, 08:04 PM   #14
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Quote:
Since you bring it up, I was in a car accident when I was 17. A drunk driver hit my car and my skull was somewhat crushed. I guess I do have metal fillings in my face and thankfully none of those fell out.
Okay... ouch.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #15
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

If you figure out why your freezer isn't working, can you also figure out why my 'fridge is dripping water inside? We currently have 2 tupperware bowls in there to catch the drips and just empty it every few weeks (so not a bad drip, but enough to be a PITA).

Oh, and sorry about your freezer, face, fillings, car, and mouse.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #16
CaptSwerve

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
If you figure out why your freezer isn't working, can you also figure out why my 'fridge is dripping water inside? We currently have 2 tupperware bowls in there to catch the drips and just empty it every few weeks (so not a bad drip, but enough to be a PITA).

Oh, and sorry about your freezer, face, fillings, car, and mouse.
Do you have ice and water in the door? It sounds like the water line is leaking. Do you have to empty your ice maker often because it freezes together? My father in law had a problem with his ice melting. His problem was a little flap (where the ice comes out of the door) that was not closing all the way. It was letting heat up to melt the ice. The water was dripping into the door and draining on the floor.

I found one of the problems with my freezer. After visiting the link from jsconyers, I decided to check the condenser coils. Of course this fridge had to have the coils underneath so they were never seen. There was all kinds of dust and fur on them (we have 3 fur babies). I did my best to vacuum them off but there was a lot I could not get. I am going to try to dryer lint brush and an air compressor later.

Thank you everyone for the help. I hope my last few post have been easier to read .
Old 12-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #17
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Do you have ice and water in the door? It sounds like the water line is leaking. Do you have to empty your ice maker often because it freezes together? My father in law had a problem with his ice melting. His problem was a little flap (where the ice comes out of the door) that was not closing all the way. It was letting heat up to melt the ice. The water was dripping into the door and draining on the floor.

I found one of the problems with my freezer. After visiting the link from jsconyers, I decided to check the condenser coils. Of course this fridge had to have the coils underneath so they were never seen. There was all kinds of dust and fur on them (we have 3 fur babies). I did my best to vacuum them off but there was a lot I could not get. I am going to try to dryer lint brush and an air compressor later.

Thank you everyone for the help. I hope my last few post have been easier to read .
Much easier. And to you for displaying good humor through some of the grief you were given.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #18
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Nope, no in the door ice and water. The leak is actually coming from the inside near the top/back in the middle (freezer w/ ice maker above).
Old 12-11-2009, 07:16 AM   #19
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

pull the fridge out and feel the pipes on the back of the fridge with it turned on. there should be some hot lines, and some cold (equal number of each)

im an ASE certified A/c Technition on cars, and they work the exact same way. i can prob help you out a bit. if you want some one on one help, my pin is <<< that way...

not trying to pull posts from the forum, but it would be easier
Closed Thread