Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
DaLarry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Default TetherBerry and ATT Tethering Plan

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BB 8820 running on ATT here in Colorado. I have an unlimited data plan and an unlimited tethering plan. I just downloaded Tetherberry and it works like a champ. It is my understanding that I no longer need to pay ATT for tethering since Tetherberry utilizes my data plan. Before I cancel my ATT tethering plan I'd like to verify that it truly is no longer needed AND, I won't end up with a surprise bill from ATT. I am addicted to coming here to download and install the latest OS for my device, which puts me well ahead of the ATT implementation schedule. Whenever I update my 8820's OS it invariably breaks ATT's tethering software. Hence, the leap to Tetherberry, which works perfectly well with my device AND my service.

Thanx to all in advance for your help.

Da* Larry

"Da" is Mandarin for "big" or "large". At 6'2" and 240, I am, at least in China.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
DacyJ
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: g Bomb!
Carrier: The Newest AT&T

Wirelessly posted (My name is Bubbles)

ATT as I have been told, will charge you for teathering if you don't have a teathering plan, which I think is bs that you have to pay for a teathering plan if you already have the unlimited data plan.