Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

my bluetooth is extremely loud now for sure
Old 09-01-2005, 08:43 AM   #22
Pharma
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: cingular

Hey Jibi, Thanks for the update, I will definitely have those I used to support check out and test the new code once it's out. If it does work I'm going to see if my company will pick one up for me. Appreciate your helpful posts as always thanks...thanks Dawg for confirming.

Need help? ...just ask
Old 09-02-2005, 07:42 PM   #23
idle0095
No longer Registered.

Model: 7730

i agree the 7100 sucks
Old 09-03-2005, 12:11 AM   #24
jason_silvestry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: tmobile
Default Still holding out

I agree with both sides of this discussion, however from my perspective i am playing the waiting game, my biggest complaint is the poor sound or lack of that others hear, And I am on my 10th handset exchange from Tmobile. However i recently got a t-mobile blackberry support guy unlike the past 50 whom say they have "no reported problems" Instead this guy actually agreed with me because he had the same exact issues as a 7100T owner himself. I HAVE NEVER FELT MORE UNDERSTOOD AND COMPLETE IN MY LIFE. Anyways he said it is a major known issue at t-mobile and they are puting pressure on blackberry for a new software upgrade.

Considering I dont merely keep the phone for push-e mail I have 4000 contacts in my phone, granted maybe 100 call regularly but its like a personalized caller id and i would imagine that even the best phones still top out at 500 - 1000 contacts. i dont know of any better pda phone worth caughing up any new money for.

Anyways for now still holding out hope or at least till the next best thing comes along that is a phone foremost then syncable with a contact manager.

Jason
Old 09-07-2005, 03:30 PM   #25
rpfeffer
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint BES

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjoshdoll
Goto the 7100g on Cingular, havent had any issues with mine, nor have any of my users.
I was considering doing this, mainly because I think the 7290 is a piece of crap. Maybe I shouldn't be comparing it to an actual cell phone? I don't know, but does anyone know where I could get a 7100g for a good price? I'm not a fan of the HUGE 7290 and I don't mind the reduced keyboard in the 7100g.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #26
Unbelievable

Model: 7100t

I have had my 7100t for 3 months now and I love it. Email function is great. As fas a phone usage I haven't had any issues. I only use the phone when the battery on my sanyo- 8200 dies but for the calls i do make on my 7100t they are fine and I have no complaints. So far so good.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:21 AM   #27
vendetta_TMobile

Model: 7100t

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiron
I had the same experience and whenever I called customer service, I was told - no one else has these issues. SWITCH!
Likewise with the issues.... Their Blackberry Techs they have on hand always seem to think that my weekley calls to support are completley unique. I have started logging my calls with T Mobile. I am also going to be cancling my account.

Furthermore, since TMobile obviously does not care I am advising all of my personal and professional contacts to never do business with T Mobile and I am also telling these people to tell their contacts.

Yes indeed, it is like my screen name implies. I cannot stand T Mobile!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #28
BobMarley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile

7100T stinks, I'm using a Motorola v300 until my replacement 7100t comes arrives.
The Motorola is so much better, sound, build, reception..., but I need email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comeon Motorola Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 02:43 PM   #29
lalainohio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T

I made the huge mistake of changing over from Verizon to T-Mobile. HUGE MISTAKE. At one time TMobile tech support was good but its been terrible lately. My 7100T hasn't worked well for at least 4 months and nobody cares. They keep saying that they have no idea! I would def go back to my pocket pc through Verizon.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:08 PM   #30
cdd543
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

There are known issues with the the 7100t that are being addressed. The problem has been isolated finally and a fix is supposedly on the way in the next few weeks. All markets were not affected, but this slowed the discovery of the issue since many people have had a good experience with the device.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:28 PM   #31
NickFLZ
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsw
I have the same back ground noise problem as well. I am on my THIRD 7100g (yes cingular). I think it makes no difference, because it's not related to the network.

For those of you who say that they have never experienced the problem, do this: Drive in your car at about 40MPH w/ the windows rolled up, radio off, and fan low. Call your home/office voicemail and don't say much. You will hear a TREMENDOUS amount of background noise! This is what everyone hears when they talk to you. I did something further. On the same stretch of road, I left myself another voicemail from my cheap (FREE), 2 year old Nokia phone on Cingular. Same driving conditions, and it was so quiet that my voicemail would hang up because it thinks I am done leaving a message.

This is the WORST cell phone I've ever had as well, and I've had cell phones since the TRANSPORTABLE (cell phone in a suit case) cell phone days! If we all complain to RIM, perhaps somebody will do something about it. I can't believe this is their new flagship product.
I TOTALLY AGREE!! This phone is a piece of crap. I love the email and data features but as a phone is THE WORST device I have ever owned. As far as the car being at fault for the background noise that certainly isn't the case. I drove a Honda Prelude before and the noise was unbearable... now I drive a BMW and the cabin is virtually silent yet my phone amplifies everything. If I am in the grocery store and someone behind says something like "grab me that can of soup" the person on the other end thinks I am telling them to get me some soup, lol. It has ZERO noise cancellation. A friend of mine has a LG phone that alltel practically gives away and it sounds amazing... you wouldn't even know I was in the mall amidst a hundred people when talking on that phone. I have complained to RIM about the lack of noise cancelling DSP over and over again, they don't care.

If you need the 7100 or any blackberry for that matter as a phone more than a data device, save your money. I am going back to carying two devices so I don't have people tell me "call me back when you're back in the office" -- what is the point of a cell phone if I have to do that??? Grrr.

"If we do not find anything very pleasant, at least we shall find something new." - Voltaire
Old 01-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #32
Peench
Thumbs Must Hurt

I hate the possibility of having to carry two devices! I got a 7100t when they first came out and have absolutely loved the email push and web browsing capabilities. BUT, the phone quality has steadily declined (if that's possible) over the year(s). More often than not the person I'm talking to complains that they cannot hear me and I have to repeat myself. I have called my office and left messages for myself with telephone numbers and not been able to get those numbers because of the phone cutting out. Calls are being dropped more frequently now - not sure if there are merely more T-mobile customers out there now than their network can handle or what.

I absolutely love the features of the 7100t with the exception of the phone. Just about everything about the phone aspect is frustrating. Its a shame too since if they fixed those issues the 7100t would be stellar!
Old 01-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #33
JeffAUV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

I've had my 7100t for about a year now and it is my first BlackBerry. I absolutely love it and the phone is actually clearer and better than my old SonyEricssonT616 (or any of my other phones I have had through Cingular in the last 10 years). Maybe I just had bad luck with the other phones, but I have had no issues whatsoever with this device.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #34
ajg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: M600i
Carrier: T-Mobile

I had a 7100t and didn't keep it. Mainly because I needed a few functions that were not available in the Blackberry. However, somedays I really miss it. I think it's a great phone. I didn't have any of the problems that people complain about. I know that's just my experience, but in the end, that's the only thing I know that I can trust.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:06 AM   #35
huhenio

Hello everyone! --- oh boy!

This is my first blackberry and I got it from a promotion through the bank. I had it only for a week and so far it has been working fine as a phone and as an email machine. Browsing is ok for being wireless - meaning I can use the 411, the newspaper, this forum, and misc non WAP sites. Reception is as good as it could be expected for my particular location, but compared to my wife's BB - one of those with the full keyboard - the signal is roughly 2/3 of the possible strength.
I got the 7100T to work as a decent modem - even with the weakish signal - running like a high quality dial up.
The ultimate goal for this apparatus is to be my connection for virtual terminal on paypal, homephone, etc.

Signal: yardstick #1 : works well if I get out of the forest where I live, at home on a stone house with small windows - think of a castle - it works fine but it could be better.

Battery life: that is where I measure all gadgets. Battery life is my yardstick #2: Short of horrible. One hour of hard browsing and the poor thing is roughly 1/3 of its juice.

Keyboard or input devices: Since I cannot use it as a virtual terminal, the keypad requires multiple strokes to get some of the characters. I guess since I never played nintendo - only pc games - It will take me a while to get fully used to. What I do for training is to use the MSN messenger with the most needy and annoying of my friends so to be forced to type furiously for ten minutes and create some muscle memory. I would not mind using an external keyboard and punch away in some kind of Word document. I loved that feature with my PalmV, but battery died and I never bothered replacing it.

Overall ... this technology is still in its infancy. Now that the lawsuit regarding copywright is settled, I am anxious to see new developments

Something smaller than a notebook screen with a swivel full keyboard and at least 10 hours of battery for heavy wireless use would be wonderfull. External CD rom application so to have GPS - on the road again - even an external one so to have navegability that sometimes road warriors require in rented cars.

Maybe I am pushing it too far .... or too little depending on who is reading. Corporate road warriors seem to like the higher end models due the shortcomings that compact size had to surrender in usability.

But I am keeping my dear clamshell small compact Samsung phone - so far I have to charge it once in a while, light, small, and works every time .
Old 03-20-2006, 09:37 AM   #36
mayor111
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7105T

Hey Guys,

I always shake my head when I read "I hate the 71XX" or " I hate the 87XX". I start out by saying, did you TRY to fix it, or are you just screaming prematurely. Im not saying anyone here is, but I cant help but think that.

Take my situation for example:

We rolled out (17) BB 7105T devices about 2 months ago. Of those (17), I have had (2) users come back to say they are having trouble with the "phone" feature of the 7105T - but love everything else. Now I didnt rant and rage about it, or post HATE messages. Here is what I did:

1) I read several posts here, to see if this was common issue
2) Spoke to T-Mobile to see if there were settings I could change
3) Tested the (2) devices to see if this was truly a problem

After that was accomplished it was determined that both 7105T devices DID have a problem, and my T-Mobile rep replaced them both, (at no cost to me) and now both users are extremely happy the "phone" feature now.

The 7105T is an amazing piece of hardware, as is all the newer BB models. I guarentee if you took away Blackberry devices from those complaining, they would be the first ones to say they want it back... I tell that to all my users who had premature complaints - I just told them that I would send them back their old cell phones - and it was amazing how quickly all their issues just disappeared into thin air...

Think about it...
T-Mobile
BES 4.0 SP4 HotFix#2 for Exchange 2003
Old 03-20-2006, 07:07 PM   #37
CBR900RR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhenio
Battery life: that is where I measure all gadgets. Battery life is my yardstick #2: Short of horrible. One hour of hard browsing and the poor thing is roughly 1/3 of its juice.
I have the 7105t and battery life is excellent, took me 3 days hard browsing to drain down the battery down, and on average, I charge it every 4 days, I have the OS 4.1 if that would make a difference.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:33 PM   #38
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhenio
Battery life: that is where I measure all gadgets. Battery life is my yardstick #2: Short of horrible. One hour of hard browsing and the poor thing is roughly 1/3 of its juice.Overall ... this technology is still in its infancy. Now that the lawsuit regarding copywright is settled, I am anxious to see new developments
Extended battery with cover. Adds about 1/4-3/8 inch to the phone. I use this and LOVE it (as well as 23 other 7100 users in our company)! Well worth the price!! Made the 7100t GREAT unit. Works on the 7105 too..

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/addons/...categorycode=2

Last edited by John Clark; 03-20-2006 at 10:37 PM..
Old 03-21-2006, 01:56 PM   #39
huhenio

Arriving this week to casa de Huhenio
Closed Thread