DrivingManiac
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: 24319979
Carrier: T-Mobile
Talking T-Mobile and 8320

Please Login to Remove!

Alright guys and gals,
Enough of making me envious of all of your 8310's and 8320's. I've really come down to it and I want to make the plunge into the blackberry world from the palm treo 680. Fortunately, just by reading this forum daily, I can already tell that it will hardly be a plunge, more like a merry float on a cloud from heaven.

So help me out. I'm with T-mobile, and frankly, despite the trouble I've been having with them in the past 2 weeks, I'd like to stay with them. Mostly because their plans are a lot more cost effective for ME. I don't need many minutes, and I can hardly find a comparable plan on AT&T aside from the pay-as-you-go plans which are sufficient for those who use their phones ONLY for phone calls, and at most 150 minutes a month. I use more minutes than that thanks to my lovely accidental dialing habits that have plagued me since day one. Not to mention I absolutely must have unlimited text messaging since I'm hard-of-hearing.

So what I'm wondering is what some of you current T-Mobile users have done to get the Blackberry Curve. Did you pay the full price? Do you know of a "trick" to get T-Mobile to drop their prices? Or do you have any additional suggestions as for how I can get the phone for cheaper than what they're offering it at (300-50 = 250 after rebate ).

I'm a college student, now going month-to-month with T-Mobile and frankly, I see myself paying at least $100 for add-ons to the blackberry in form of a Seidio case/holster as well as instant messaging, email, and alert programs. Perhaps I'll throw Sudoku, and BT GPS puck somewhere in the mix someday. Smart phones don't just cost the cost of the phone, and I found this out with my treo!

Share your 83** love with me, and teach me oh great ones.

-Vic
Old 11-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
ajm

PIN: N/A

Excellent! You'll be very happy with the Curve 8320.

If you're already with T-Mobile then you can't take advantage of the cheap deals from Amazon et al, so I don't know how you can get it any cheaper.

You don't have to pay for instant messaging or email - they're included. I don't know what "alert programs" are but I don't imagine you'll need those either. The phone comes with a nice lambskin pouch.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #3
idealist
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8800
PIN: 240F8BEC
Carrier: TMO
Default PM Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingManiac View Post

So what I'm wondering is what some of you current T-Mobile users have done to get the Blackberry Curve. Did you pay the full price? Do you know of a "trick" to get T-Mobile to drop their prices? Or do you have any additional suggestions as for how I can get the phone for cheaper than what they're offering it at (300-50 = 250 after rebate ).

I'm a college student, now going month-to-month with T-Mobile and frankly, I see myself paying at least $100 for add-ons to the blackberry in form of a Seidio case/holster as well as instant messaging, email, and alert programs. Perhaps I'll throw Sudoku, and BT GPS puck somewhere in the mix someday. Smart phones don't just cost the cost of the phone, and I found this out with my treo!

Share your 83** love with me, and teach me oh great ones.

-Vic
PM me for details on how to get the Curve for $150 and the waived activation fee, you will need to have a 1 year contract but it is completely worth it if you plan on staying with TMO.

I am not a TMO rep but have friends there that help me when I have a need, I would be happy to give you the information.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
purepinay

Model: 9700

If you're already with T-Mobile, the only way you can get it cheaper than the retail price is if you're eligible for an upgrade.

Also, T-Mobile does have a good deal coming up for the Thanksgiving holiday if you're looking for more incentives.

T-Mobile Free Flight Promotion
Old 11-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #5
DrivingManiac

Thanks guys for any help. I know I'm still looking for more possibilities/answers as to how I can get the phone for cheaper.

Just an FYI purepinay, it's for those who are not current customers of tmobile, and I've private messaged idealist. Cross your fingers.

Heck, even my future sister-in-law who's a customer service rep for T-Mobile is unwilling to help me!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:23 AM   #6
purepinay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingManiac View Post
Thanks guys for any help. I know I'm still looking for more possibilities/answers as to how I can get the phone for cheaper.

Just an FYI purepinay, it's for those who are not current customers of tmobile, and I've private messaged idealist. Cross your fingers.

Heck, even my future sister-in-law who's a customer service rep for T-Mobile is unwilling to help me!
There's a small link beneath the boxes for current T-Mo customers...
Old 11-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #7
DrivingManiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm View Post
You don't have to pay for instant messaging or email - they're included. I don't know what "alert programs" are but I don't imagine you'll need those either. The phone comes with a nice lambskin pouch.
Email program for clearing up HTML code embedded, jivetalk for IM since I'll use IM constantly and non stop. BBAlerts so I can be constantly alerted of what exactly I'm getting. The seidio case so I can drop my phone and not have a complete heart attack, just a 1/2 heart attack.

As for the free flight stuff, I'll enter and hope to get lucky. However it also requires a "myFaves" plan which is about 10-15 more bucks than a comparable plan without it (and I sincerely don't need many minutes), and I'd rather just save my pennies over the 2 years for a plane flight.

I keep pestering my future sister in law about it, but she sure isn't helping! No more free computer repairs for her and my brother aye?

-Vic
Old 11-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #8
callit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm View Post
Excellent! You'll be very happy with the Curve 8320.

If you're already with T-Mobile then you can't take advantage of the cheap deals from Amazon et al, so I don't know how you can get it any cheaper.

Actually, you do have to pay for text messaging which includes IM (Or at least is what I was told by an account rep). I managed to rack up an additional $72 on an AIM conversation or three on my 7100t. Be very careful and make sure you ask questions with regards to IMing.

Prior to that month I was bouncing back and forth between $5 and $10 a month on text-messaging, and couldn't justify the unlimited text plan.

@idealist: I wish I had gotten the info from you - would have saved me $100 and a year on my contract. I went with the 2yr/$250AR deal. Though I also got my curve the week it came out. I'll chalk it up to "early adopter tax" just like those who grabbed the iphone early on.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #9
DrivingManiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by callit View Post
Actually, you do have to pay for text messaging which includes IM (Or at least is what I was told by an account rep). I managed to rack up an additional $72 on an AIM conversation or three on my 7100t. Be very careful and make sure you ask questions with regards to IMing.
Actually their blackberry plan that includes 1,000 minutes now has unlimited texting. However, I meant IM's such as AIM, MSN, etc. By way of jivetalk it only uses data.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #10
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Gotta love that T-Mobile BlackBerry Minutes and Mail plan!! $60 bucks for 1000 minutes, unlimited data and unlimited texting. That is the one I am on and love the pricing.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #11
DrivingManiac

I'm with you on that monthly pricing jeremy. I know I really should just bite the bullet and take their lowest offer because when it comes down to it, just one year alone will basically pay for the difference that I can get the phone at with AT&T.

I'm just having so many issues with T-Mobile as of late, and it's driving me nuts! Plus I just want a beautiful sexy Curve...
Closed Thread