BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
the_bidness
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T
Exclamation Could this thing *possibly* be delayed again?

Please Login to Remove!

Um...OK...so...today I called my local AT&T store and asked when they'd have the Bold in stock. Really, I was hoping for the chance to get one early or at least reserve one, if possible. I was told, basically, 'Still no word. Possibly December, hopefully November.'

WHAT?!?
I'm certainly no expert, but is that a good sign? I mean, it is an AT&T-owned store, and the release date is about five full days away. Shouldn't the information have filtered down to agents by now? I saw the story on BGR w/ the rest of you, so I thought 10/27 was pretty firm...
Old 10-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

It's as firm as every other date.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

We have received no word on a release date in the corp. Stores!

It can't be delayed if ATT hasn't announced a release date.

Heck we didn't even know about the 16GB iphones until they were delivered by fedex when they were first released last year
Old 10-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
the_bidness
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

It also sounds like there's a guy who just had a similar conversation with a Best Buy rep if you look at the "Bold on Oct. 27" thread.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
JG in SB
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800

OK. But there was also an Ebay Auction for an AT&T branded Bold in an AT&T box on eBay. Unless someone is exceptional at Photoshop, that gives me some hope that it is imminent.

In general, most of my experience with typical floor salespeople in places like Best Buy and AT&T is that they don't know much about what they are selling, even when the product is right there in stock.

I cannot tell you the number of times I have had some salesperson insist that a certain feature isn't available in the product I am looking at, only to determine that in fact the feature IS available and clearly documented.

Also, remember that in many cases, a floor salesperson would rather sell you something they have in stock TODAY then tell you something better that might be here next week and hope that you will be back.

Don't give these off-the-cuff opinions that much weight. And quit losing sleep here...it is just a phone. Your life is not going to change dramaticlly when you finally do obtain one of these.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #6
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel

Oh No... More "The Young and the Restless for Bold" and "Day of our Bolds" to be continued... ;) (now where did I put the couch?)

H.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:10 PM   #7
InnerGeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Hahahaha... "As The Bold Turns"
Old 10-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #8
AllanRosen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Delay sounds credible to me--- here's why. AT&T had the NYC launch party on what-- Oct 16? They didn't even have a couple of hundred working models ready to be given out. Seems to me impossible to get 100,000 units (or whatever the right number is) produced, shipped and received all by Oct 27, when they didn't even have a couple of hundred units working 11 days earlier.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:52 PM   #9
jnelson2000
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

they didn't have them because the technical acceptance date from AT&T was not until 10/20. However, it was actually pushed up to TA on 10/17. The device will ship with 167 (from what I am being told). The device was approved by AT&T on 10/17 so release is iminent. I still feel 10/27 is realistic.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Best Buy has them in stock with a store sales date of 10/26, retail stores should have them at 10/27 in locations. Also .167 is sad if that is the release, .162 is much better.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #11
Horizon Wireless
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 9920
PIN: 3218B513
Carrier: ROGERS AND FIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG in SB View Post
OK. But there was also an Ebay Auction for an AT&T branded Bold in an AT&T box on eBay. Unless someone is exceptional at Photoshop, that gives me some hope that it is imminent.

In general, most of my experience with typical floor salespeople in places like Best Buy and AT&T is that they don't know much about what they are selling, even when the product is right there in stock.

I cannot tell you the number of times I have had some salesperson insist that a certain feature isn't available in the product I am looking at, only to determine that in fact the feature IS available and clearly documented.

Also, remember that in many cases, a floor salesperson would rather sell you something they have in stock TODAY then tell you something better that might be here next week and hope that you will be back.

Don't give these off-the-cuff opinions that much weight. And quit losing sleep here...it is just a phone. Your life is not going to change dramaticlly when you finally do obtain one of these.
That does not mean anything, we had an AT&T Bold in stock at our store back in August. It was a prerelease unit, but was AT&T branded.
Closed Thread