Old 10-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
lee_bruice
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default the radiation of blackverry 9700

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys. I am here for your advice. I newly bought my blackberry 9700. When I show it to my friends, one of my friend told me that blackberry’s cellular radiation is very strong. I know cell phone has radiation. But my friend told me blackberry ranked first in the lists of cellular radiation report. So I searched on Internet with anxiety. It verified that my friend was right. And there are many suggest of how to reduce radiation, such as no using phone for a long time, not using phone in a place of bad signal, using headset when speaking. But sometimes it is difficult for me to take such protection measure. What measure do you guys take to avoid the radiation?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Carrier: ATT

Well, I have read the studies that even WiFi signals and Microwaves have the same side effects as of Cell Phones. I believe that prolonged use of these devices could make you feel tired/dis-oriented.

I dont know how reliable those studies are but as a common sense, keep it away when you dont need it. Can you keep the BB away? I am still counseling myself on it.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
lee_bruice
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by joginder View Post
Well, I have read the studies that even WiFi signals and Microwaves have the same side effects as of Cell Phones. I believe that prolonged use of these devices could make you feel tired/dis-oriented.

I dont know how reliable those studies are but as a common sense, keep it away when you dont need it. Can you keep the BB away? I am still counseling myself on it.
Yes, I agree with you defenitely. But I am worried about my health state. Now, I can't live without my BB. What mode of phone are you using?
Old 10-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
jw8725
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Orange

Everyone is getting cancer now. Bad diets and lots of radiation.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:00 AM   #5
vliou
Platinum Sponsor

Carrier: Telus

wow - is this a serious post? I'm sure Mcdonalds fast food will kill you far before your cell phone will even begin to affect you. Wasn't there a study done about WIFI and how there was a scare WIFI will harm you too?

You have a finite # of years to live, make the most of it, and stop worrying.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #6
lee_bruice
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vliou View Post
wow - is this a serious post? I'm sure Mcdonalds fast food will kill you far before your cell phone will even begin to affect you. Wasn't there a study done about WIFI and how there was a scare WIFI will harm you too?

You have a finite # of years to live, make the most of it, and stop worrying.
Hey, I am really worry about my health state. To tell you the truth, I just eat Mcdonalds for twice. Maybe you don't believe it. But what I said is true. I am really afraid the radiation, but I can't live without my phone now. Every coin has two side.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
littleman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: att

in no way am I saying your a dumb ars. What I am saying is there are a lot of things out there that will kill us before our phones. If the danger was that great people would sue and governments would ban them. Look at the pesticides they spray on our crops. The life that chickens and cows we eat live. Stop worrying about the phone.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 10-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #8
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

I put my 9700 next to a bag of popcorn and called it! Maintained call until bag was fully popped was awesome ;)
Old 10-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #9
snhrph

Model: 9900
PIN: nacle of creation
Carrier: ATT

Aluminum tin foil works great in blocking cell phone radiation. It also prevents the mind wipe by the aliens.

lee_bruice, seriously, cell phone radiation should be your least concern. Look at the pollution that surrounds you, the genetically modified and pesticide protected food that you eat, dyes in your clothing, plastics made with toxic chemicals, etc...
Old 10-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #10
Rhyalus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

Just use a wired headset when possible. there is nothing else you can do.

There are certain rf frequencies that are worse than others and cellular is not the worst.

What options do you have?

R
Old 10-25-2010, 04:04 AM   #11
lee_bruice
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyalus View Post
Just use a wired headset when possible. there is nothing else you can do.

There are certain rf frequencies that are worse than others and cellular is not the worst.

What options do you have?

R
yes, you are right. I don't have choice. I should try my best to use a fixed phone. And when I have to use cell phone, I'd better to use the headset. But how you guys have ever thought that different type of phone has different degree of radiation. I want to choose a type of less radiation. Who are you in use of BB 9780?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:47 AM   #12
BBhousing

Model: 8350I
Carrier: China Mobile

it has roled as an necessity in our daily life , just like the shoes, i'm afraid we can hardly leave on it . can we just live w/o it? i think it's probably "NOT"
Old 10-25-2010, 06:50 AM   #13
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBhousing View Post
it has roled as an necessity in our daily life , just like the shoes, i'm afraid we can hardly leave on it . can we just live w/o it? i think it's probably "NOT"
huh?
Old 10-25-2010, 07:49 AM   #14
Rhyalus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBhousing View Post
I agree. Cell phones are a part of our lives. There is no way to avoid them, but we can be smart. Using bluetooth headsets if you are concerned about RF is not a solution - only wired headsets to keep the transmitters further away from your head makes sense.

To the original poster - there is no proof or evidence that RF is bad for you. Therefore, it is completely up to you to choose a phone based on radiated RF. For what it is worth, I am a medical physicist and I choose to use wired headsets and keep the phone out of my lap and away from my head.

I choose to use a Blackberry and I see no evidence that I am in any danger. Picking a Droid or LGenV phone provides no benefits that I can tell from an RF exposore perspective.

There are no magic answers here, my friends.

R
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #15
BBhousing

It's pretty true, just don't put ourselves in panic, as the radiation exists everywhere, it's hard to get rid of it i think. so if we care abt it more, I guess the more we will be stressed out , so why don't just take it as a common case for a change? maybe just try to be smart enough to avoid it in some ways!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:42 AM   #16
lee_bruice
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyalus View Post
I agree. Cell phones are a part of our lives. There is no way to avoid them, but we can be smart. Using bluetooth headsets if you are concerned about RF is not a solution - only wired headsets to keep the transmitters further away from your head makes sense.

To the original poster - there is no proof or evidence that RF is bad for you. Therefore, it is completely up to you to choose a phone based on radiated RF. For what it is worth, I am a medical physicist and I choose to use wired headsets and keep the phone out of my lap and away from my head.

I choose to use a Blackberry and I see no evidence that I am in any danger. Picking a Droid or LGenV phone provides no benefits that I can tell from an RF exposore perspective.

There are no magic answers here, my friends.

R

Friend, thanks for your honesty. I know therre are no magic. We have to face the radiation of the cell phone. But what I want to do is just to reduce the radiation, just as you says, using bluetooth to avoid the radiation. I know I am living around danger. Have you seen the film 2012? That's too terrible. Maybe that day will come. But I think we must try our best to aviod that situation or delay the coming of that day. What do you think?
Old 10-26-2010, 05:04 AM   #17
BBhousing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_bruice View Post
Have you seen the film 2012? That's too terrible. Maybe that day will come. But I think we must try our best to aviod that situation or delay the coming of that day. What do you think?
oh man, 2012, isn't that a little bit corny!!!
pls stop getting urself in trouble......
Old 10-26-2010, 08:13 AM   #18
omkhar

Model: 9800
PIN: 0xDEADBEEF
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Hey, I am really worry about my health state. To tell you the truth, I just eat Mcdonalds for twice. Maybe you don't believe it. But what I said is true. I am really afraid the radiation, but I can't live without my phone now. Every coin has two side.
Read up on ionizing radiation vs non-ionizing radiation.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #19
Cooper
CrackBerry Addict

Model: PRIV
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Yes, I agree with you defenitely. But I am worried about my health state. Now, I can't live without my BB. What mode of phone are you using?
If you're that worried, then in all honesty stop using a cell phone.

The Bold 9700 has the highest radiation allowed by law.

BlackBerry Bold 9700 Tops Legal Radiation Exposure Levelxxx8230;Yikes! [News] | BlackBerryRocks.com

I think it's all bunk, but mind you I dont talk on my phone for hours a day.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:02 AM   #20
Rhyalus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by omkhar View Post
Read up on ionizing radiation vs non-ionizing radiation.
Certainly there is a difference, but don't discount RF. It has the tendency to heat up internal structures, especially at the right frequencies - I seem to recall that 2.4 GHz was not a friendly freq.

Our phones our lower, but that does not mean that they have zero effect.

If I had a 9700 I would use a wired headset and not let the phone sit in my lap. I would NOT use bluetooth (just another set of RF even closer to your brain with a clear shot through the ear canal).

So my personal opinion is that "which" phone you have not important. How you use it "may be".

Regards,
R
Closed Thread