Old 04-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #21
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelot
So when it says delete on handheld and mailbox. Is it actually deleting the e-mail right from my ISP. How can that happened since the e-mails are forwarded?
It won't delete emails in your ISP account when you forward to your BB email address. Only when you add it for polling.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #22
jungleland

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

My VZ inbox is there....
Old 04-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #23
gresch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: verizon

I just logged in, i get the normal interface, but if i hit refresh, i get the "creating account....." message, but it's stuck in a loop and never progresses past that screen.... I guess that VZ is in the middle of the migration or something, I'll give it a shot again later.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #24
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gresch
I just logged in, i get the normal interface, but if i hit refresh, i get the "creating account....." message, but it's stuck in a loop and never progresses past that screen.... I guess that VZ is in the middle of the migration or something, I'll give it a shot again later.
According to Verizon the new BIS will officially launch on Monday. What we saw today was an early test.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:08 PM   #25
gresch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
According to Verizon the new BIS will officially launch on Monday. What we saw today was an early test.
Thanks for the info.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:54 AM   #26
angelot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
It won't delete emails in your ISP account when you forward to your BB email address. Only when you add it for polling.
Since I don't have direct access to my ISP (Adelphia) servers other than their webmail, how else could I do this besides forward?
Old 04-09-2006, 09:18 AM   #27
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

The BIS doesn't ask for any server information when setting up new accounts. It asks for your e-mail address and your password. It does the configuring by itself. So give that a shot. If it can add your Adelphia account, it will. If not, you'll just have to forward it.

I think having an e-mail icon for each account would be useful. But the problem is that e-mails sent to your accounts setup in BIS show up under that account's icon on your home screen AND under the regular e-mail icon. Too, if you don't have a chance to pull the device from its holster (if you use one) immediately and have the message automatically open, you would have to open each account until you found the account where the new message is.

So here's how I plan to use the new BIS for a while to see if it works for me. Open all messages from the regular e-mail icon. If I reply to a message there, it will automatically use the account to which the original message was sent. But if I want to initiate an e-mail, I will use the individual account icons.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:06 AM   #28
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
So here's how I plan to use the new BIS for a while to see if it works for me. Open all messages from the regular e-mail icon. If I reply to a message there, it will automatically use the account to which the original message was sent. But if I want to initiate an e-mail, I will use the individual account icons.
Or when you send an email from the regular email icon you can select the email account (click trackwheel).
Old 04-09-2006, 10:26 AM   #29
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Or when you send an email from the regular email icon you can select the email account (click trackwheel).
Question can you just hit C for compose and then at the top of the compose screen is there a line that says "Send Using:" ? If you hold down ALT, you should be able to scroll to your choice.

Does this work?
Old 04-09-2006, 10:41 AM   #30
Seawolf
Thumbs Must Hurt

I see a different looking login screen, but no upgrade prompt.

Edit: Pressed Refresh and now I'm stuck in the creating account loop as well.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:27 PM   #31
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

That method should still work. I have a 7130e, so the C doesn't work that way for me, but if I start an e-mail (using any of the e-mail icons) I can still go up to the top and scroll through the different account options. Although you can change it, the send from account is initially set for you based on the icon you select to go into your messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
Question can you just hit C for compose and then at the top of the compose screen is there a line that says "Send Using:" ? If you hold down ALT, you should be able to scroll to your choice.

Does this work?
Old 04-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #32
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Although you can change it, the send from account is initially set for you based on the icon you select to go into your messages.
This doesn't make sense to me. If you change the service why should the send from not change. I thought that was one of the benefits of BIS 2.0.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #33
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Here's the setup that's on my device right now. I use MailStreet hosted Exchange. I also have BIS pull mail from a personal account (with mailSnare). There are three e-mail icons on my home screen. The regular one that has always been there has a yellow postage stamp. There are two new e-mail icons with a blue postage stamp and a green arrow coming over the top from the backside of the envelope. All received messages are accessible from the yellow stamp icon. BES messages are only accessible from the yellow stamp icon. mailSnare messages are also viewable through one of the blue stamp icons (in addition to the yellow stamp icon). And any mail I have forwarded to BIS (i.e., my @vzw.blackberry.net address) is accessible through the other blue stamp icon (in addition to the yellow stamp icon).

If I click on and enter the messages from the yellow stamp icon, and clickwheel to compose, the default send from address is my BES address, although I can manually change it.

If I click on and enter the messages from the blue stamp icon assigned to my mailSnare account, and clickwheel to compose, the default send from address is my mailSnare address, although I can manually change it.

If I click on and enter the messages from the blue stamp icon assigned to my vzw.blackberry.net address, and clickwheel to compose, the default send from address is my vzw.blackberry.net address, although I can manually change it.

Does that make sense?
Old 04-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #34
whsbuss

Quote:
Here's the setup that's on my device right now. I use MailStreet hosted Exchange. I also have BIS pull mail from a personal account (with mailSnare). There are three e-mail icons on my home screen. The regular one that has always been there has a yellow postage stamp. There are two new e-mail icons with a blue postage stamp and a green arrow coming over the top from the backside of the envelope. All received messages are accessible from the yellow stamp icon. BES messages are only accessible from the yellow stamp icon. mailSnare messages are also viewable through one of the blue stamp icons (in addition to the yellow stamp icon). And any mail I have forwarded to BIS (i.e., my @vzw.blackberry.net address) is accessible through the other blue stamp icon (in addition to the yellow stamp icon).

If I click on and enter the messages from the yellow stamp icon, and clickwheel to compose, the default send from address is my BES address, although I can manually change it.

If I click on and enter the messages from the blue stamp icon assigned to my mailSnare account, and clickwheel to compose, the default send from address is my mailSnare address, although I can manually change it.

If I click on and enter the messages from the blue stamp icon assigned to my vzw.blackberry.net address, and clickwheel to compose, the default send from address is my vzw.blackberry.net address, although I can manually change it.

Does that make sense?
That's how it is supposed to work. In any email message screen you can press L to compose a new email. Then you can select whatever Send From address you have configured in the BIS and BES.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:40 PM   #35
whsbuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I see a different looking login screen, but no upgrade prompt.

Edit: Pressed Refresh and now I'm stuck in the creating account loop as well.
Wait till Monday, the official launch.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #36
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted (7130e VZW: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:
Quote:

Does that make sense?
That's how it is supposed to work. In any email message screen you can press L to compose a new email. Then you can select whatever Send From address you have configured in the BIS and BES.
Yes, I was explaining it for Stubsonddog, who didn't quite understand an earlier post.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #37
Seawolf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Wait till Monday, the official launch.
Thanks, Captain Obvious.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:17 PM   #38
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Thanks, Captain Obvious.
Not sure that little jab was necessary. He was trying to be helpful.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:08 PM   #39
purephase
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Bell

It looks like this is a similar "issue" with Telus who apparently just upgraded their own BIS.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:27 AM   #40
whsbuss

Is anyone getting the new BIS interface when logging in? Or being asked to upgrade?
Closed Thread