Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 12:44 AM   #1
uofaspyder

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Red face My new 8830

Please Login to Remove!

First let me say 2 things, I am glad I found this site, I have all ready learned a lot, 2nd this is my first BB.

So I am trying to setup all my emails on my Blackberry, I all ready have the Business email as the main one (with the mailbox icon) I was able to add the Gmail icon and email, but now I am trying to add a university email (pop3? maybe). Well I get an icon on the "desktop" is is a world with an envelope and an @ symbol on it. This serves as the inbox for the email, but the university email also goes into my mailbox icon business email, can I stop this? I tried just deleting a message out of the main box, but it deleted it from the device and the other inbox. I can see that the world @ email seems to be just the inbox for the university email, which is good, now I just want to stop the linking to my business email (I don't have forwarding or anything like that setup and never have).

Can I have the mailbox icon be one email, Gmail Icon be another, and then add independent emails because that is what I really want to do, I don't want more than one feeding into to one place. I hope this makes sense, and appreciate any help!

Ed
Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Everything goes into the message folder. I believe you can optionally separate out SMS, but all email will go into this folder as well as the individual account folders.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #3
uofaspyder

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Damn, I was hoping I could stop that. Gmail doesn't feed into my message box because it is it's own entity.

Thanks though.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #4
theduskes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 22b385ea
Carrier: Telus

I have a few email addies and each one shows up as it's own box..
There is a Gloabl message box...but hide it and you'll probably find the other inboxs somewhere on the desktop.
Like I said I have 3 emails...
work
gmail
Blackberry mail
seperate box for each...
I also think it has soemthing to do withthe theme...
There are genius's on this site...im sure someone will steer u in the right direction.
Closed Thread