Old 12-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
mbizzles

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Wrong/Random E-mail Address Showing Up in Calendar

Please Login to Remove!

This is a really weird situation...

In Calendar Options, I have a random e-mail address as the name of my calendar. Well, it's not completely random, its my friend's e-mail address. She needed to access her e-mail on a trip we took so tried I sent up an account on my BlackBerry so she could periodically check her e-mail (we were at a place with no wireless Internet access). I ended up not being able to do it because we didn't know the e-mail server address. We tried several times.

Anywho, now her e-mail address is the "name" of my calendar. I don't personally have an e-mail account linked to my BlackBerry (I just use the Gmail Mobile App).

I use Google Sync to sync my BlackBerry calendar to the Google Calendar (which is synced to my work Outlook calendar).

Some more info...this calendar isn't listed in Default Service (for CICAL ro CMIME). And it's not listed in the Service Book.

First thing I did to try and remedy the situation was use the Blackberry Desktop Software to clear Calendar, Calendar-All, and Calendar Options (under Backup and Restore-->Advanced). No luck...even after removing the battery.

I found out how to set up my friends e-mail address on m BlackBerry (meaning I got the e-mail server address) and tried to set up the account on my BlackBerry completely and then delete it. Whenever I tried to do this, I got a message that said "An error occurred during e-mail account validation. Please check your information and try again." So that plan failed.

I thought maybe if I registered my own Gmail account on through the BlackBerry, maybe that would clear the situation. It made my e-mail address show up as a calendar, but my friends was also still there. I looked in the Default Services and now my e-mail address is listed as the default calendar and messaging (and it's the only calendar/messaging option available). My e-mail address is also listed in the Service Book. I then used Google Sync by signing in with my e-mail address. It says "Downloading Calendar [email address]" (my e-mail). However, when I go to my Calendar, it's showing up under my friends e-mail address (I can tell by the color and also because if I go to Select Calendar and just select my e-mail address, nothing shows up)

I've always had a few issues with duplicate entries, but it has gotten way worse since this issue with my friend's e-mail address showing up as my calendar...which is why I want to get rid of it.

Any help???
Old 12-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

One thread per topic please. Thanks.
Closing duplicate.
Closed Thread