Item: NIB Bold
Buyer or Seller? Seller
Was it Shipped? No
As Described? N/A
Thread Link: http://www.blackberryforums.com/buy-...ld-9000-a.html
Price Sold For: $830USD
Rating (10 Being the Highest) 2/10

Additional Comments:
carsmovies advertises a NIB Bold for sale. We make the deal Saturday, I paypal him the money, he gets it, all is well. He then tells me that he doesn't actually have the phone but has a UPS tracking number that says it will be delivered Monday. No problem. He can just turn around and ship it. Thats great! I have no problem with that. Then I get a PM on Monday that he has the phone. Great news! He asks if I mind if he makes a quick test call on the phone to compare to his. "Thanks for asking" I say.....go ahead. No problem. Then I send him a PM. "How does my Bold sound? " He says back, "Just the same as mine." Then only a few minutes later, I get another PM. "Hey, so I hope you don't mind, but I am going to ship you MY Bold, not the new one. But don't worry, it was only used for a few days and I have already upgraded the OS for you." I said, "Um, yeah I do mind. I bought and paid for a NIB one and thats the one I want." So he says back, "Sorry, but that is what I am going to do because I want to make sure the one I signed a contract for is the one on my Rogers account, not the one I bought outright." There is obviously something he doesn't like about HIS Bold or else he wouldn't have asked me if he could make a test call and compare the two and THEN decide to send me his. If it were in fact the case that he wanted to keep the phone he bought on contract all along, he would have mentioned that before asking if he could make a test call, etc.

carsmovies did not complete the sell he advertised, agreed to, and took payment for. He wanted to send me a used phone after the fact. The only reason I give him a 1/10 instead of a 0 is because he did refund the money promptly. I will definitely not be dealing with him again.

Last edited by JSanders; 08-26-2008 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: added thread link.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Members cannot delete or even edit their threads in the BST area.

When was the original WTS thread created?
Old 08-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
bigwillokc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Here's a link to the feedback for this transaction. CARSMOVIES

Here's a link to the item.
BOLD
Old 08-26-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
bigwillokc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for the help...link is in original post now.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

What bigwillokc fails to mention is the exact timeline how this all happened. He payed me after I told him that I would be getting the phone on Monday and shipping out to him the same day. Also when I asked if I could do a test call to compare sound quality it was more than an hour before I even received the phone and not after I tested them. They were both the same but I had thought it would be better to sell the phone to the states that was bought outright from a retailer that is also established in the states instead of the bold that Rogers shipped me on my specific account. Also what Will forgets to mention is that I even offered him a price reduction for the fact that I was selling him the used one. I gave Will the option for a full refund if he didn't want the used one. It was up to him. Eitherway, I sold the used one to someone else that is totally satisfied with the bold cause there was nothing wrong with it.

Will just has a sour grapes taste in his mouth and has nothing better to fo than to try and slander me here.

Here is my 100% positive over 200 feedback on hofo for anyone that ever wants to deal with me in the future.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - carsmovies
Old 08-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
hype129
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700r
Carrier: Rogers

Hello,

I just wanted to say something about carsmovies I just dealt with him in buying a bold he was a outstanding in my sale, even took the time to call me after the deal was done and make sure I had received my bold and also make sure I was satisfied with it, on another side note, I have a few questions to ask him about the controls about the BOLD and he took time to answer all my questions.
I will deal with again in a heart beat, I think and feel he pretty up standing guy.
hype129
Old 08-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #7
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Good enough, both sides have spoken, and that is what member feedback here is for.

**thread closed**
Closed Thread