Old 04-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
jimhaynes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Multiple email accounts

Please Login to Remove!

Is it possible to have a BlackBerry access several email accounts automatically, e.g. a POP account, a Gmail account, a .Mac account, etc?
Old 04-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

yes you can. set it up at BlackBerry Internet Service and add the accounts you like. most accounts will work without server settings. you can link up to 10 accounts, plus the 1 carrier.blackberry.net account. and if on a BES you have your corporate mail account as well for a total of 12.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #3
mrgrtvil

Model: PEARL
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Multiple accounts - multiple Inboxes??

When you configure multiple accounts on the BB Pearl, do you then have multiple Inboxes so that you can view/manage those accounts separately? Or will everything show up in the same inbox?

I've never used multiple accounts in one e-mail app before (phone of PC), so I'm not familiar with this. But I don't want my personal and work e-mails all mashed together on my BB...but I'd love to use this feature if I can.

THANKS!!
Old 05-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
KeNNethX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrtvil View Post
When you configure multiple accounts on the BB Pearl, do you then have multiple Inboxes so that you can view/manage those accounts separately? Or will everything show up in the same inbox?

THANKS!!
Yes and Yes

You do get separate email icons for each account...but all of the emails, also, show up in "Messages". With newer OSes you can add different color backgrounds (or with 4.3 and 4.5 different color borders) to each account...so you know what is what. I don't know why RIM doesn't offer a hide BIS emails option in Messages options...so I can just see those emails in separate icons. I know there is software...but it only creates an extra icon for the BES mail...all mail still winds up in Messages...feh.
Closed Thread