Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
NeptuneIT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Tasks not syncing correctly

Please Login to Remove!

I've got a user with a very interesting problem.
Here is our environment:

Servers:
Exchange 2003
Blackberry Enterprise Server v4.1.6.10

User:
Outlook 2003
Windows XP Pro
AT&T Blackberry Pearl 8110 running v4.3.0.93

Our users do not have the blackberry desktop manager even installed on their computers. We do all of our syncing wireless through the BES.

And the problem:
*If he creates a task on his BB and lets it sync with outlook, the due date on his BB and outlook are the same.

*If he changes the due date on the BB, when it syncs, it will put the due date one day earlier in outlook

*If he creates a task in outlook and lets it sync with the BB, the due date on the BB is one day earlier. here is a really interesting part – if REMINDER is set the reminder will alarm on the correct day even though the due date is a day early!

Every other bit of information is syncing correctly - calender, notes, contacts, email - all running perfectly.

Troubleshooting I've done:
*Checked timezones - Our 2 domain controllers, our Exchange server, the user's laptop, and his blackberry are all on the same timezone
*Removed his blackberry account, cleared the statistics, and readded him.
*He recently moved and had to change carriers because of coverage issues so this problem actually followed him. He was on T-Mobile with a Curve 8320. He even changed phone numbers but the problem still persisted through changing carrier, phones, phone numbers, and sim cards.
*Had him run Outlook.exe /resetfolders

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I had another Blackberry Admin suggest that it is not a blackberry issue but an exchange issue and that I should remove the user from exchange and add him back. Since I am our company's BES admin but not our Exchange admin I am not familiar with that process - removing a user, adding them back without losing any data. If someone thinks that might work could you provide some guidance on how to do that process? Thanks in advance for the help!
Closed Thread