Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #21
HarlyFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I was waiting to order one for my Storm but after these reviews I to will look for alternatives
Old 12-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #22
aamato
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

I ordered the BSE for my Bold (screen only). Once I received I realized you need to apply it with liquid. After reading some reviews on BBF and some people saying it seemed like water was under their screen, I did not install. I found another product which used no liquid to install.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #23
dwood721
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

Love it with the exception of the lines you can see when there is a white screen behind it
Old 12-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #24
Magnum
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?

Well, the time was 1 year ago [almost exactly 1 year ago today] and I ordered 2 full body kits. 1 for my curve I had at the time, 1 for a pearl I had at the time.... The shipping time was horrendous, way too long [but you took my money fast] and the customer service was just as bad, but I finally got the 2 kits and put them on.

Fast forward just about 1 year when I removed the zagg body shields. The zagg product yellowed, the seams are really noticeable to your hands, the small pieces did not hold well at all, the shield for the screen did get scratches so IMO it is NOT worth the money you charge. I think all the money goes to the box [packaging], which IMO doesn't matter.....

Also, take the fact that whoever does your email campaigns sends like 5 emails in a row most of the time.

In a nut shell, I would never pay your premium markup for a sub-par product from a company that had [has?] horrible shipping times, stinky customer service, a product that lasts a year at best and is priced outside the market.

I'm better off buying "the less expensive" product and replacing it every 8-12 months and financially being ahead of the game.

So from my personal opinion, I give Zagg a for price, product and service, but the box it comes in looks nice...........
Old 12-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #25
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100010 View Post
I wonder if one could achieve better result by applying a Zagg / BSE / Ghost Armor / etc screen protector while the lens / protector were underwater? I've got a replacement housing coming for my 8330, the new lens I will want to protect; I'm not happy with the application results of my 1st Zagg, maybe applying one underwater would work better?
Maybe. You'll get the hang of it after several applications though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Fast forward just about 1 year when I removed the zagg body shields. The zagg product yellowed, the seams are really noticeable to your hands, the small pieces did not hold well at all, the shield for the screen did get scratches so IMO it is NOT worth the money you charge.
So why didn't you have them replace it? I've done this before for discoloration, peeling edges, etc. You can certainly get a replacement if it scratches. If you're paying for the lifetime warranty then definitely use it!

Last edited by takeshi; 12-09-2008 at 06:21 PM..
Old 12-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #26
Magnum

PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
So why didn't you have them replace it? I've done this before for discoloration, peeling edges, etc. You can certainly get a replacement if it scratches. If you're paying for the lifetime warranty then definitely use it!
Because I switched to a bold and sold the curve.

Lifetime warranty or not, I personally would not buy it again.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #27
HKP7M13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: VZW

Did a pretty good job on the application but am considering sending it back for refund. I don't like the orange peel effect. Also, while the edges were flat the pouch I use caused one of the edges to loosen and fold over, now it looks like crap. The surface collects and retains too much oil residue. It always looks shiny.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #28
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

For those of you worried about installing it on your Storm, don't worry -- the liquid you apply the shield with is in a container that sprays a fine mist. You spray the skin while you're holding it (i.e. you don't spray the device), and when you apply it, barely any liquid should come out from under the skin when you use the squeegee. If there are any air bubbles left after you've applied the skin, don't worry, they'll work themselves out over the next couple days. I just put on my first InvisibleShield on my Storm a couple days ago, and so far it seems exactly like the Bodyguardz I had on my Pearl for over a year. No complaints from me so far. In my opinion, a good full body skin like the InvisibleShield or Bodyguardz is an absolute requirement for any electronic device I own.

One question I do have though -- is it possible to remove and reapply a piece after 24 hours? I did my wife's Storm last night and we just realized there's a cat hair under the main screen. It's not a huge deal, but I want it to be perfect for her... I don't want to make it worse, though, if it stretches out when I peel it off or doesn't look the same when I try to put it back on.... has anyone ever tried this?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #29
stonent
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile

Can anyone post any pics of what this looks like. I'm going to be getting a skin from Zagg soon.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:35 AM   #30
wpwren
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8350i
PIN: needles
Carrier: Nextel

New guy here but I wouldn't mind trying a ZAGG skin on my 8350i to see if I like it.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #31
r1dgeline

Carrier: Rogers

I have had it on my touch and no issues whatsoever, application was tricky but it got done. I just ordered fr my bold and I guessl we'll see
Old 12-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #32
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronx View Post
One question I do have though -- is it possible to remove and reapply a piece after 24 hours? I did my wife's Storm last night and we just realized there's a cat hair under the main screen. It's not a huge deal, but I want it to be perfect for her... I don't want to make it worse, though, if it stretches out when I peel it off or doesn't look the same when I try to put it back on.... has anyone ever tried this?
I don't recommend it. Removing a piece always ends up stretching it.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #33
revolutiongto
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Anyone hear any word on if or when there might be an invisibleSHIELD available for the 8900? It was a life saver on my old curve and I am quite paranoid right now with my new 8900, I so don't want to scratch it.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #34
rall4onee

Model: 8220
Carrier: asdf

if the product already has scratches on it, would putting the invisishield on top of it hide the scratches?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #35
Sonkway
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: t of Guinness!
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rall4onee View Post
if the product already has scratches on it, would putting the invisishield on top of it hide the scratches?
I've been using it (the full body + screen) on my 8130 for a few months now and it works great for me. Application took a while because of the number of pieces and while, at a distance, you can't even tell its on, you can certainly feel it when it's in your hand. Doesn't bug me; lets me know it's protected! I think the biggest thing with the Invisible Shield is getting it put on your phone correctly, take your time!

Before this product I was just using a silicon skin but even with that dirt and dust would get in the skin and collect on the battery cover/back/camera of the phone. Now I use the skin in conjunction with the shield and it fits fine. No problems with pealing though the skin may be assisting with that.

As far as covering up existing scratches: I only had a small scratch on the screen before I put on the the shield on and, while it's barely noticeable now, I'm not sure how it would do with many or more severe scratches.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #36
dwella

Carrier: ATT

I am a big fan and use the screen protector on all my phones. Currently I have it on my Bold. I am not much on the full body but love the screen protectors.

d
Old 01-29-2009, 06:57 AM   #37
Dube

Model: 7100T
Carrier: Support Manager

I think it's overpriced considering I like the DLO SurfaceShield better, it's cheaper, more readily available and easier to apply. The only negative being it doesn't have a back, which I have a case for anyway.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #38
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208

I put an invisibleShield on my 8310 and I'm glad I did. I'm waiting to order for the 8900. I don't care to much about the body just the screen area.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com
Old 01-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #39
turn_key

Model: 8330m
PIN: G PAL4 Putter
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonent View Post
Can anyone post any pics of what this looks like. I'm going to be getting a skin from Zagg soon.
I wrote this little review and posted a pic of the screen protector.

Overall I'm happy with the two I bought. I wasn't expecting perfection so I wasn't disappointed, and they worked a lot better than the others I tried.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #40
turn_key

Model: 8330m
PIN: G PAL4 Putter
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu_Zagg View Post
Hi I am an employee of Zagg and am here looking for questions or comments from anyone interested in our products or a customer of ours.
I bought 2 full body protectors for my phones. The only complaint I have is the fit of the pieces that curve around an edge. On both phones I had to take the piece off and trim a lttle off the edge so two pieces wouldn't overlap. The problem I think is that the material is a little rubbery and it streched out as I applied it. I'm sure I could have done a better job, but it's not like I'm an expert at putting those things on. Other than that, I like it.

Read my other comment if you care...
Closed Thread