BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:22 AM   #1
nordberg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Quick Question - No BIS, will BES still work?

Please Login to Remove!

I've just setup BES at a site without problem. However, when I comissioned the Blackberrys, I'm unable to get on to the Internet on the devices and also the BES status is "not connected". I'm guessing the fact that 'net access is not available could be the reason for lack of emails arriving on the handsets?

The error I receive when trying to get on 'net is something along the lines of "Not enough signal" even though I know the signal in the area is just fine. I should also add that the SIM cards in these phones have previously been working in WM6.5 devices and Internet worked just fine with them. It's my bit of reading that has made me check the BIS status. I then tried to register the device on the Orange BIS website but it failed and said the PIN wasn't valid. This is now back in the hands of the phone supplier but I wanted to make sure I wasn't barking up the wrong tree at this stage..

Thanks in advance....
Old 06-07-2010, 05:00 AM   #2
freakinvibe
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Class
Carrier: Swisscom

Quote:
when I comissioned the Blackberrys, I'm unable to get on to the Internet on the devices
So you did an Enterprise Activation, right? Did that successfully complete?

It is important that you have your SIM card not only provisioned with a data connection but also with the Blackberry Enterprise Service. So if Windows Mobile has worked on a SIM card, that doesn't mean that Blackberry will.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
nordberg
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: o2

Hi,

I activated the devices via USB so there was no problem with that.

One of the devices has just received a service update sms from Orange, and he's now receiving emails on his BB. Hopefully, all the other users will be updated in the same way and that will be end of the problem....

Thanks for your reply. I think my assumptions were correct....

Cheers
Closed Thread