Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
jasonwinn
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT
Default Folder reconciliation

Please Login to Remove!

I have folder reconciliation setup on a few phones. The problem is the folders do not display all the e-mails that are really in that folder. It seems to have e-mails 5 days prior to the initial sync and anything after the sync.

Is there a way to force the reconciliation to display all e-mails in users folders regardless of age?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
rliebsch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

I don't think so, and I don't think you really want to. The phones are already pretty unstable after adding Yahoo! Go, Facebook, Gmail, WebMessenger, Opera, Google Search, Maps, etc. etc. etc.

You can configure it to do more than 5 days worth (I've done 7 with a max of 350 items), but there may be a cap on days and number of messages. Think about the negative possible outcome. A user with a 5GB message store, and a device with only 72MB of storage built in... Data will be truncated, and it will truncate from the important bits -- phone logs and inbox messages.

It is a blackberry a suppliment, not laptop coupled with outlook/notes replacement.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #3
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Message prepopulation will limit you to a max of 14 days / 750 messages (with 4.1) ... you can't get more than that on the device when you enterprise activate ... it just isn't possible.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
jasonwinn

Thanks guy's for your quick response!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
jasonwinn

Do you guys have any idea or have heard any rumors about if this limit will be expanded in the future?

My Boss wasn't too happy when I explained to him that all of the e-mails in his outlook folders cant be on his pearl.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:51 PM   #6
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

I don't think the limit from the gui will be removed in the near future ... one of the reasons for it existing is a limitation of the device. If you've got a 5 gig mailbox with 20,000 items ... do you really want chunks of each of those messages sent to a HH during Enterprise Activation? Imagine how long that would take ...

Perhaps when devices have more internal memory or when the devices will use the add-in storage cards to store such data we'll see this limit go away.

Last edited by hdawg; 11-07-2007 at 05:30 PM..
Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
rliebsch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

I'll agree with the man of many animated gifs.

The device has 72MB of storage as is. I did some research yesterday, and i don't have a single user with a mailbox under 72MB.

I DO wish, however, that the web browser was more robust, because then the user could use OWA to review very old messages, and and all of them. Lacking frame supoort is kind of a bummer. I know this too is not what BBerry was designed for, but does seem a simple solution to provide.
Closed Thread