Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
in_mtl

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Rogers
Default Missing Email Reconciliation 7130c

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I'm looking for some help getting mail reconciliation to work between my 7130c and the web client as I'm constantly going over quota. I'm using a brand new 7130c that I've unlocked in order to use with Rogers BB service. Previously on my 7100t I was able to set the delete so that any message deleted from the handheld automatically deleted from the web client as well. I've searched around the forums and Rogers bwc help files and from what I can tell there should be an option on the handheld to control the function.

However, if I go to Messages -- Options -- Email Reconciliation there are no options to choose from!!! I also tried setting the function using the Rogers web client but on the profile there is no heading for Wireless Delete Options even though in the online help it clearly states that there should be such an option:

"Set wireless message deletion

Set this option to permanently delete messages from your BlackBerry account when you delete messages on your handheld.

On the menu bar, click Profile. The Profile page appears.
Click Wireless Delete Options.
Click Save to set permanent wireless message deletion from your handheld."

Am I missing something? I even tried updating the OS to the latest version (4.1.327) from the Rogers blackberry website but this did not solve anything!

I'd really value any input.
Thanks!
Old 02-02-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
in_mtl

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Rogers

In case anyone is interested...

Roger's data service technical support were able to resolve the issue! Apparently, wireless synchronization was not properly enabled on my account. This must have occurred when I changed the device associated with the account to my new 7130c. They enabled sync and sent a new service book. Now BIS correctly shows the profile options for wireless deletion and the "Email Reconciliation" and "Reconcile Now" options appear as they should on my handheld.

Big relief!!!
Closed Thread