Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
Slippery
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint
Default * Update- Bluetooth keyboard settings on BES

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all, I need to allow Blackberry Application Control for the Event Injector API for a Shasta bluetooth keyboard. Can anyone give me some direction?

BES= GroupWise, ver. 4.0.2.20

I need to know where I have to set the permission for this device. I can't find anything that says Blackberry Application Control on the BB manager, or BES server config. Do I have to setup a software policy, and if I do how do I go about it? I have been pretty lucky with my users not needing to much other than their email and I have been able to figure out much of the BES administration on my own but here I am stumpped...any help will be appreciated. Thanks,
Slip

Last edited by Slippery; 11-02-2006 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: showing update
Old 11-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #2
shaqinsactown
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Verizon

Install the software first somewhere that the BES can point to.
Then you have to allow it in the software configuration
Then I believe an IT policy has to allow for event injection from that software config
Old 11-01-2006, 11:24 AM   #3
edonin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Shaqinsactown's reply is pretty right on. However, once you create the software configuration in Handheld Tool Mgr, you'll need to create an application control policy for the allowance of event injection and apply the ACP to your keyboard software configuration.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
|||||||
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7100
Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry Search Results

And apply SP5a for your BES.

Edit: updated link

Last edited by |||||||; 01-31-2007 at 12:51 PM..
Old 11-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #5
Slippery

Update...thanks for the help...still not working but...I tried to apply the new software config and I had problems. Here is what happened.

I created a new folder in C:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared called applications.

inside this folder I added a folder called 'shasta keyboard' and copied the .alx and .cod files for the keyboard there.

then I shared the research in motion folder as read only for everyone. (all of this is on the BES)

when I then went to the software configuration and tried to add one, I could browse to this folder but it would not attach to anything inside so the button stayed grey.

Does anyone know why it is not picking up the driver files?

I also ran loader.exe /index from the command prompt to index the app.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
mrc7928
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery
Update...thanks for the help...still not working but...I tried to apply the new software config and I had problems. Here is what happened.

I created a new folder in C:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared called applications.

inside this folder I added a folder called 'shasta keyboard' and copied the .alx and .cod files for the keyboard there.

then I shared the research in motion folder as read only for everyone. (all of this is on the BES)

when I then went to the software configuration and tried to add one, I could browse to this folder but it would not attach to anything inside so the button stayed grey.

Does anyone know why it is not picking up the driver files?

I also ran loader.exe /index from the command prompt to index the app.
From what I understand, the permissions of the Shasta Keyboard folder should be Read & Execute, List Folder Contents and Read permissions delegated to authenticated users. Try that, rerun the loader /index command and see if it created PkgDBCache.xm and specification.pkg files and let us know.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:27 PM   #7
Slippery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc7928
From what I understand, the permissions of the Shasta Keyboard folder should be Read & Execute, List Folder Contents and Read permissions delegated to authenticated users. Try that, rerun the loader /index command and see if it created PkgDBCache.xm and specification.pkg files and let us know.

I have the PkgDBCache.xml...not xm (does this matter?) and specification.pkg in the folder but still get the grey button. The permissions are taken care of because I just gave full control to everyone for that folder to see if it is a permission thing...it does not seem to be. I feel like I am missing something and have run the loader /index several times. Thanks for the help and I'll try any other ideas you have.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #8
mrc7928
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250

Sorry, meant to type .xml, but left the l off the end.

All you should have to do now is add a new configuration, name it and point it to the location that the software. The Shasta Kyb software should then show up in your list of applications and you should be able to check the box next to it. Once that is done, you create a policy to allow the injector API and assign that policy to the software install.

When you click to add a new software configuration, do you see the Shasta application under applications? What button is showing as greyed out? At this point in the install, it appears that the loader worked correctly, so running it again will do no good.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #9
Slippery

OK...now I am cookin' with Gas...I have the unc in there and have checked the Shasta Keyboard and applied the policy (shasta keyboard). In the policy it asks for the internal domains and external domains I want to establish connections with...what is this?
Old 11-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #10
Slippery

Now it is working...I applied the software config to the handheld and waited a few minutes for the sync and it is good to go. Thanks for everything.

BTW, I did not have anything in the domain fields and it worked fine.

Slip
Old 01-30-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
GovBerry

Model: 8800
Default Same issue

I'm trying to setup an application in Handheld config. I've read this thread hoping it would help. But I don't get the PkgDBCache.xml and specification.pkg files once I run apploader. ( My enviornment is Exchange)

Any ideas
Old 01-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #12
|||||||
CrackBerry Addict

Double and triple check the folder names, the spelling is probably off
Old 01-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #13
GovBerry

Model: 8800
Default Got it.. But

I'm new to this so...

I may have misread the instructions but I had to install one of the Handheld applications on the server THEN i was able to view the applications I was trying to setup.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:51 PM   #14
|||||||
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovBerry
I'm new to this so...

I may have misread the instructions but I had to install one of the Handheld applications on the server THEN i was able to view the applications I was trying to setup.

Here is the article you want to follow: BlackBerry Search Results
Closed Thread