Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #21
iLawCDN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

UPDATE...

Throughout the day, the phone consistantly goes in and out of the holster. While raising the clip to take the phone out to read a PIN, I felt a small click. At the time I didn't think anything of it. But after vibrating, notifying me of a new email, I found the spring was a lot less stiff when removing the phone after that incident.

At first I thought it was just me, but later in the afternoon i gently rubbed up against a desk at work and my phone fell out. Lucky it had the Innocase on it and the phone doesn't have a single scratch on it.

I will be contacting Seidio tomorrow to find out if this is covered under warranty as they may consider this "normal wear" and may not cover it... we'll see. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #22
y2k1ltd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Do you have any of the chrome paint rubbing off due to the case?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #23
iLawCDN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k1ltd
Do you have any of the chrome paint rubbing off due to the case?
I do have some, but that was when I made a ghetto case mod to my 8300 case to fit the 8900... Before RIM came out with a case for it. The original comment stands that the case itself has not caused any damage to the phone.

Last edited by iLawCDN; 04-29-2009 at 10:29 PM..
Old 04-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #24
popusito
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Fido

Great review and also helped me on finding another choice of case for the 8900!!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #25
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: Tmobile

I don't have one but another person on another forum reported that the chrome plastic paint on his 8900 started rubbing off in one place using the Innocase II after a couple weeks. He's sure it's a pressure/rubbing issue, not taking the case off and on. Just a heads up.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:57 AM   #26
eiger06

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

In the spirit of not cluttering the forum with new threads, I decided to wake this one up after a good sleep. Anyway, I just purchased my Innocase II case and holster and have a little input and a question.

The day after I received it, I removed the lower portion of the case and noticed a small area of the chrome had lost its shine. I looked inside the case and found a small area of plastic that was raised from the case; basically when they molded the plastic case, this is the small "nipple" that is left after the case is ejected from the mold. Long story short: case fit/finish is great, but make sure it is perfectly smooth inside the case before putting your phone in it.

Now my question. This is my first holster, and what I've found is that it is a bit awkward to remove the phone from this holster with one hand. Does anyone have any tips about operation/placement? It almost seems easier to wear the holster upside down so that you can get to the clip with your fingers and still have a grip on the phone at the same time. I know, I know...odd question...but I had to ask.
Closed Thread