Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 11:11 PM   #121
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozMan68
Installed mine last night after receiving yesterday.....

Looks and works great and was easy to install....BUT...doesn't look like they fixed the rubbing issue. Only put it in and out a few times and it rubbed the finish right off the left side of the face and the right side, while still grey, definitely has a rub mark.

Sending my pictures to ProClip right after this post to see what they say.

Not too worried about it as I didn't buy my BB and could care less what that part of the case looks like....as long as I can see my messeges and use the thing (and it doesn't look TOO ripped up).

Wow! We have opened a second holder in the shop and begun testing but it seems as good as our first... We have a confirmed 250 insert/remove cycles and no wear marks what so ever. I'm sure ProClip will want that unit back for testing.

This is very bizzare... I know they have been pulling their inventory for testing but havent been able to duplicate this either.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 02-23-2006, 11:12 PM   #122
gerberbaby

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T
Default ExtremePDA's automount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah22
I ordered an 8700 mount from ExtremePDA. Totally unlike their website's illustration, the right arm of their mount covers about half of the lower button on that side.

Actually, their 8700 mount seems to be exactly the same as their 7290, which I purchased for my previous Blackberry....

I'm going to contact them in the morning, but now I'm really wondering what results anyone else has had with this product???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ExtremePDA AutoMount.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1795  
Old 02-24-2006, 12:57 AM   #123
stripesace
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'd like to go with the proclip, but it blocks up an AC vent in my corolla, I considered the console mount but I am not even sure that it would give me any more benefit. I wish there was a side mount from proclip, or something for corolla users.

With proclip, do you guys reccomend prefer the tilt model, or just the standard model?

I've looked at the Arkon different mounts and yeah, I'm just not thrilled with those either.

Am I hard to please BB user?

(btw - i am using the 7290)

Last edited by stripesace; 02-24-2006 at 01:36 AM..
Old 02-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #124
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripesace
I'd like to go with the proclip, but it blocks up an AC vent in my corolla, I considered the console mount but I am not even sure that it would give me any more benefit. I wish there was a side mount from proclip, or something for corolla users.

With proclip, do you guys reccomend prefer the tilt model, or just the standard model?

I've looked at the Arkon different mounts and yeah, I'm just not thrilled with those either.

Am I hard to please BB user?

(btw - i am using the 7290)
Though we endorse and sell the ProClip device holders we do like the ProFit brackets - take a look at the links below - ProFit has a nice mount that sits to the right of the heater controls. We only stock the swivel ProClip Device holders. If you don't want the swivel it comes off with two screws. Give you the option.

Proclip: http://store.bizshopr.com/pro848557.html

ProFit: http://store.bizshopr.com/protoy.html

Last edited by rcg; 02-24-2006 at 01:53 PM..
Old 02-25-2006, 11:02 AM   #125
MozMan68
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular / AT&T
Default pro clip contacted me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg
Wow! We have opened a second holder in the shop and begun testing but it seems as good as our first... We have a confirmed 250 insert/remove cycles and no wear marks what so ever. I'm sure ProClip will want that unit back for testing.

This is very bizzare... I know they have been pulling their inventory for testing but havent been able to duplicate this either.
ProClip says they have only had complaints from 4 users and asked me to examine the holder myself....which I will do. I have had no other issues and love the way it works, so I must still reccomend it highly.

My camera batteries are dead and I can't find the charger, so heading to Best Buy today to see what I can get so I can update both the forum and ProClip.

After ProClip's email back, I checked my BB and noticed that is is also wearing on the VERY edge of the units face on the same side as the mark caused by the ProClip holder....not sure if that is also from the holder or if my BB case is somehow not as tight as it should be and is getting marked up at that location from the RIM holder.

I will figure this out today somehow.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:24 PM   #126
mbay2002
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Default cable holder on side of proclip

I received a couple of ProClip mounts this week and will probably install them later today... I'm just wondering why they added that cable holder on the right hand side of the ProClip... I'm going to saw mine off with a dremel tool, I think it looks pretty cheesy...

Is anyone out there actually using the cable holder hook on their ProClip?
Old 02-26-2006, 01:43 PM   #127
jnelson2000
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbay2002
I received a couple of ProClip mounts this week and will probably install them later today... I'm just wondering why they added that cable holder on the right hand side of the ProClip... I'm going to saw mine off with a dremel tool, I think it looks pretty cheesy...

It's not a cable holder. It is a hook you can hand a BT headset from if you have one.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #128
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbay2002

I use my wired headset (not BT) when on long car trips and the earbud sits in there perfectly-great holder for that.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:29 PM   #129
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

As mentioned - it's just an accessory hanger. People love it or hate it. I snap mine off too... no dremel required.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:01 PM   #130
Johnny Utah22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Att

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberbaby
I ordered an 8700 mount from ExtremePDA. Totally unlike their website's illustration, the right arm of their mount covers about half of the lower button on that side.

Actually, their 8700 mount seems to be exactly the same as their 7290, which I purchased for my previous Blackberry....

I'm going to contact them in the morning, but now I'm really wondering what results anyone else has had with this product???
Yeah, I fell for it also, I was really disappointed with the misrepresentation. It's a good holder but for the sides blocking the buttons. That picture on the website almost looks like a different holder as the side clamps look bigger and padded on the outside. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #131
Johnny Utah22
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Att

I e-mailed them today and got a prompt response that they probably sent the wrong unit. They explained that there are two mounts, one with two screws on the back and one with four screws. We need the one with two screws. They are sending me the correct one and a return label. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #132
mmcpher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
PIN: 22CD4D6E
Carrier: ATT/Verizon

I am very happy with my ProClip mount in my Tahoe. Very well put together and I like the BT hook, which I use all the time.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #133
BBRaffey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Default ProClip Scratches

Just received my holder for my 8700 from ProClip and before installing it in my car, I placed the Blackberry very gently in the holder to see what it would do to the sides of the BB. Sure enough, small scratches showed up. I can see that repeated use will destroy the sides of the BB. I have oredred "best skins ever" full body cover to see if it will help, otherwise I may put very thin felt strips on the holder. Any suggestions?
Old 03-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #134
Hobbes5243

Model: 8700c

Put mine in a couple of weeks ago and noticed right off the bat that it was rubbing and leaving little marks on the sides of the BB. Put a couple of pieces of black electrical tape over the clip corners that were rubbing and seems to be fine now. I dont know if Proclip has changed the design but my low-tech fix leaves a lot to be desired from a looks perspective.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #135
spenserj87
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310

I have to say, I've had my proclip for 3 weeks now and there is not a single mark on my 8700. Works great, holds it tight enough, and no marks.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:06 AM   #136
citrus

Carrier: Rogers

I agree, the Proclip fits very well, however, on the model with the charger, they REALLY should have made the Mini USB connector on a 90xxx176; angle. I had to mount my device on the far right holes (2 of 4) just so that it would clear my dash because the darn USB plug sticks out so far.

Anyone know where a 90xxx176; Mini USB adapter can be purchased?
Old 03-27-2006, 06:28 AM   #137
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by citrus
I agree, the Proclip fits very well, however, on the model with the charger, they REALLY should have made the Mini USB connector on a 90° angle. I had to mount my device on the far right holes (2 of 4) just so that it would clear my dash because the darn USB plug sticks out so far.

Anyone know where a 90° Mini USB adapter can be purchased?
One came with my old Razr phone. Motorola accessories?
Old 03-27-2006, 07:20 AM   #138
citrus

Yeah, I saw that one, but the problem is that the 90 is going the wrong way. With the 8700R, the power cable would then go UP instead of DOWN.

Last edited by citrus; 03-27-2006 at 07:50 AM..
Old 03-27-2006, 09:30 AM   #139
BBRaffey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold

One of the advantages of the ProClip system with the swivel holders is the ability to change the device holders out by only removing one screw. I drive a sedan and the wife the SUV. There are ProClip swivel holders in both (berry for mine and motroola V551 for hers) We take the SUV on trips and vacations and I like to have the berry in the holder for things like Googal local and internet. Swapping the holders only takes a minute where before I had to change out all 4 holding screws along with the nuts which took at least 15 minutes to make the swap assuming I didn't drop the tiny screws or nuts under the seat and have to huunt for them.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:42 AM   #140
lcater

Model: 8700r

I am a fan of RAM mount systems and have used them on MB's, atv's and offroad. I ordered the mount they advertise for the 8700, and unfortunately it sucks. It is a generic mount and the side arms block 1/3 of the track wheel and 1/2 of the escape button. Modifying it loks like a messy option as the arms are a hollow plastic, not condusive to trimming. Therefore not recommended by this user. I plan to look at alternate holders, and then bolt the ram ball onto the back of it so I can continue to use my mounting system.
FYI.
L
Closed Thread