Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
SonicBlueDevil

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default BB Noob Here -- Few Questions

Please Login to Remove!

I've been a Verizon customer for a few years now. I started out with the Treo 700W and have moved to the Blackberry Storm now. I've never owned a BB before so most of this is new to me.

Question 1 - When I goto the SMS/MMS screen to view my text messages, is there a way I can make it so I can switch between Sent/Received/Drafts instead of seeing all the messages in one list?

Question 2 - How can I change the icons that appear at the bottom of the screen when I'm not in the main menu. Basically I'd like to have 4 shortcuts down there not 8.

Question 3 - How can I see what applications are currently running and if I choose to how can I shut them down/disable them.

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
SonicBlueDevil

Model: 9500
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

FYI - I tried searching but it wasn't working for what I was looking for. Hope someone responds here. :D
Old 12-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
Vertioch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Answer 1: As logical as your question is, BlackBerry devices don't have mailbox folders... You can choose to "hide" them in your options... But there isn't a way to organize them as such.

Answer 2: Hit the menu button while on the home screen (it'll bring up the full menu of icons the first touch), then hit it again to bring up a menu - choose Options, here's where you can select 1, 2, or 3 rows of icons for the first screen. You can select any icon from that screen (highlight it, don't press it) and you get the options to move it. The top 4 icons are the ones which show up. You can also Hide unused icons (or move them to folders etc.)

Question 3: Hold in the menu button for 3 seconds or so, this brings up the Application Switcher. You can then scroll through the running programs, clicking one brings it up. Remember to use "close" from the menu to really close a program - using the "back" button usually leaves it running. You will always have at least 4 things running (Browser, Messages, Phone, and Home).

Hope this helps, and welcome to the BlackBerry! I used to have an 8703, and switched to the storm begrudgingly (I wanted a Bold, but alas no AT&T in Montana), but have been very happy w/ it.
Closed Thread