Thumbs Must Hurt

Please Login to Remove!

Old 02-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Default one touch voice mail question

until today, i could hold down the 1 key and it would dial whatever number i had programmed in my "voice mail" section of phone options....it also dialed the 4 digit passcode to alleviate me from looking at the phone other than dialing the 1. today, it says invalid number.....i know i can program the w key as a speed dial but whats the point of the "voicemail" section of phone options....?
Old 02-03-2005, 07:01 PM   #3
nextelnutt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
Carrier: Nextel
Default Don't know...

But what I wish it had is voice activated dialing. It seems difficult to get along without that feature since I had gotten used to it on the I860.

I noticed that when I got my bb I had to put in my number for the voicemail. I never could get it to put the pauses in for me. So I put the voicemail number in speed dial as you speak of. I put my under V though so I remember (V)oice Mail.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:57 PM   #4
p_dizzo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: BM
Default Re: Don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelnutt
I noticed that when I got my bb I had to put in my number for the voicemail. I never could get it to put the pauses in for me. So I put the voicemail number in speed dial as you speak of. I put my under V though so I remember (V)oice Mail.
once in the phone menu, goto options, then to voicemail. the access number should your voicemail number. below that, it should say "additional numbers", where you can put pauses by pushing in the jog dial, where it will allow you to insert pauses and waits..

hope that helps
Old 02-04-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
yahtzee
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint
Default Re: Don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_dizzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelnutt
once in the phone menu, goto options, then to voicemail. the access number should your voicemail number. below that, it should say "additional numbers", where you can put pauses by pushing in the jog dial, where it will allow you to insert pauses and waits..

hope that helps
ideally, thats exactly how its suppose to work...thats my issue...it doesnt work like that...it says invalid number once i enter that info..
Old 03-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #6
chuy
Thumbs Must Hurt

thanks for the info!!! i've been trying to get pauses and waits in the "additional numbers" for a couple weeks now.

awesome.

Old 03-03-2005, 03:26 PM   #7
hi-tech
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
Carrier: SprinTel

I recenetly moved my nextel number to another account. They removed my voicemail (without telling me) I was getting the "invalid number" error. Got the voicemail reinstated and now it works.

Im just sayin make sure nexel didnt screw up your voicemail.

ALso, trying using the vm access number instead (xxx)-xxx-6245. If you are using that, then try to enter your cell number ass the access number.

*Edit* Just realize you didnt say which carrier you have, well that 6245 (MAIL) number doesnt work with all carriers so just do a test from a landline phone.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:39 AM   #8
thesmithiz

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Mine just did the same thing, here is what I did and so far it is working again. Go to the phone screen and click to get the menu then select View Speed Dial (when I did this my number 1 slot was blank)highlight and click the number 1 slot and select edit, it takes you to the address book where I selected use once, then phone and entered the voice mail number (if you don't remember it check your call log it most likely is there) after entering the access numberclick and select continue and that should do it.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:07 AM   #9
Ladybug

Model: 7100g

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_dizzo

hope that helps
This is what I had to do as well, and it worked. Don't forget to insert any # key entries, if required. I also accidently deleted and added it back by resetting thru speed dial described earlier.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:24 AM   #10
matthewk24
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

What I did is create an address book entry called Voicemail. In the Work number slot I put in the access phone number with pauses passwords and what not and in teh Work 2 number slot I put in the access phone number for my works voicemail system with pauses and passwords.

Then I changed the speed dials so that I have a one touch dial for both my cell phone voicemail and work voicemail.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:31 AM   #11
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: SOLD
Carrier: at&t

I would try a battery pull. This happened to me and pulling the battery for 30 secs or so solved the issue.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:45 AM   #12
eykhong
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 21C27C4C
Carrier: Rogers
Default That's not the point

These solutions are all work arounds. The issue here is that once you enter your voice mail number in the phone options, it should automatically set that number as your #1 speed dial number.

I fixed as suggested in this post, but does anyone know of a solution to the acutal problem, it would be greatly appreciated. I will try the battery pull.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #13
SmurfBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Arrow

For some reason I can't get this voicemail option to work on my 7520.

I tried the additional numbers, adding the pause in the contact info and all that. Under the Voicemail option it doesn't let you add pauses.

It would be nice to figure this out. Any insight?
Old 01-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #14
kjaslow
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telstra

There was a problem with earlier OS's that caused me to prefer a programmed speed dial rather than using the voicemail option. There was a limit on the ability to use pauses and waits in the voicemail option, but using a speed dial did not have these limitations. It's been so long since I've used the voicemail option, I forgot it was there. There's really no downside to just having a programmed speed dial instead...
Old 01-09-2006, 06:39 PM   #15
SmurfBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

I figured it out. Not the safest thing to do, but I figured out how to get it work.
Closed Thread