Old 01-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
eich

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Profile Question for 8820

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All.

I looked around for a solution to my question, but was unable to find one. Hopefully someone here can answer it. If this has already been addressed, but apologizes. I wasn't able to find it.

Ok, so let me see if I can explain this without confusing you or myself ...

I recently switched from a Nokia N73 to a Blackberry 8820. On my Nokia, I was able to set it up so all phone calls (including those in my address book that have their own separate ringtones) to come through on any profile (Loud, Normal, etc.). The only exception to this is, I had a profile setup called Sleep. When this profile was active, no calls would come through except those I had in my VIP group I setup in the address book. For example, each profile was set to "All Calls" and the Sleep profile was only linked to the VIP group.

Now, I found this article (http : / / newbbie.com/2008/05/31/tips-tricks-set-phone-to-ring-vibrate-flash-led-part-3) on how to setup exceptions on the Blackberry so certain calls will come through no matter what profile is set. The problem here is that if I want to set the profile to Loud and the exception for Person 1 is set for Normal, it will always ring Normal for them. Also, it would seem that if Person 1 sends me an email, the alert sound goes off.

So, here is my question ... Is it at all possible to setup a profile on the Blackberry like I did with the Nokia? If so, how would I go about doing it? Preferably without a 3rd party app, but would use it if needed. Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread