BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
jayc28

Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Blackberry Stops Sending/Receiving After Couple of Hours (Lotus Domino)

Please Login to Remove!

I am using Blackberry Professional Software (not BES but basically the same). I have a BB Curve that I just had the most difficult time getting to activate wirelessly. Finally, I had to activate using the Desktop Software. Activation went smoothly and everything worked. The device would send and receive emails, sync the calendar, contacts, etc.

For a few hours.

After 2 hours or so, the device stopped sending and receiving. I am not a Lotus Notes platform and I'd look at the console. The messages would hit the Domino server, but not send to the device.

I wiped the device, activated again with the desktop and it was fine again. But then 2 hours later, the same thing. Email doesn't go to the device and if I send from it, I get the red X instead of the check mark. I can send and receive from the device over BIS, but nothing through BES.

Does anybody have any idea what I should try? I tried resending the service books and that did not work. ** And now I just looked and for whatever reason it's giving me the option to do the enterprise activation again.

I'm thinking of maybe deleting the user from the server, getting rid of the state database, wiping the handheld and trying again unless somebody else has any ideas.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
Magus42

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default You may have moved on from here

This is my first post to this forum so please bear with me. I have observed that three weeks have passed since the above post was 'posted' so the answer may have been acquired elsewhere.

I have observed this issue myself, during an upgrade project issuing Bolds. I was confused because the functionality seemed to stop after a few hours independant of any activity on my part, or the user.

We contacted our mobile phone service provider and discovered that the BES service functionality had 'dropped off', and this had happened to several users, not just the ones who had been recently added. It only took the service provider 10 minutes to re-establish the BES functionality on all these SIMs and the Bolds were restored to previous functionality.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
Wiseass
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9850
PIN: k Floyd \m/ ROCK!
Carrier: VZW

Wirelessly posted (8700c)

I run domino with bes, only instance I've seen the red x when sending is that either a) no connectivity (poor signal, etc) or b) mailbox is over quota. Depending on how the domino server is setup the messages could still get to the device but the user can't sned, or everything just flat out doesn't work. Now mind you this is with a BES so not sure if its different with BIS
Old 10-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
JonNuttNTL

Model: 9800
Carrier: O2/Vodafone

I've seen this on my BES (with an Exchange backend) when doing Desktop Activations.

Normally I do a wireless activation when building the berry, but sometimes this fails about 1 in 30 times, instead of removing the user and settings from the BES I do a desktop activation. I send a test message and it gets delivered but several hours later this sometimes occurs.

To fix I do the following which resolves the issue completely in each circumstance I've had it reported to me;
  • Goto Options > Advanced Options > Service Book
  • Locate and delete the Service Book Desktop [CMIME] by using the menu
  • Wait 60 seconds then undelete using the menu
  • Goto Options > Advanced Options > Security Options > General Settings
  • Scroll to the last entry
  • Use the menu to Regenerate Encryption Key 3 times (Needs to be 3 times I've found)

The device should then connect to the BES and sync the messages.

Jon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayc28 View Post
I am using Blackberry Professional Software (not BES but basically the same). I have a BB Curve that I just had the most difficult time getting to activate wirelessly. Finally, I had to activate using the Desktop Software. Activation went smoothly and everything worked. The device would send and receive emails, sync the calendar, contacts, etc.

For a few hours.

After 2 hours or so, the device stopped sending and receiving. I am not a Lotus Notes platform and I'd look at the console. The messages would hit the Domino server, but not send to the device.

I wiped the device, activated again with the desktop and it was fine again. But then 2 hours later, the same thing. Email doesn't go to the device and if I send from it, I get the red X instead of the check mark. I can send and receive from the device over BIS, but nothing through BES.

Does anybody have any idea what I should try? I tried resending the service books and that did not work. ** And now I just looked and for whatever reason it's giving me the option to do the enterprise activation again.

I'm thinking of maybe deleting the user from the server, getting rid of the state database, wiping the handheld and trying again unless somebody else has any ideas.

Thanks
Closed Thread