Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
I disagree. While BeeJive may "take it in the shorts" and help this guy out because they are a reputable company and don't want the bad press, I don't believe they should have to. It's up to BeeJive, but personally, I don't think they have to do anything.
I agree whole heartedly.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:14 PM   #22
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

I think the tier pricing will only create more confusion then good. One price one policy stream lines everything. Word of mouth can be a great marketing tool and can also hurt the company. I havn't purchased there product so i can't tell you if they are good or not. Just looking at the situation in a business and marketing sense. Tier pricing could hurt them in the long run.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 11-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #23
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Even though it is tier pricing it isn't that difficult. If you want a transferrable license, then you pay $10 more. Doesn't seem too difficult. This whole thread was started just because of a misunderstanding. It seems as though their pricing scheme has worked fine so far. Again, it all comes down to reading before the purchase and understanding the risks.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:18 AM   #24
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

I emailed them and pointed out the thread. Let them decide what they think is good for their business and then we all can decide if their business is good for us.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #25
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

The idea for business is to make the purchase as simple as possible. although to me and you it seems simple it isnt for everyone and thats why you will always run into these problems. Make it simple stupid is one of the best business or even life terms i can come up with. In business its not about right or wrong its about happy customers because they are who keep your doors open.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 11-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #26
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog View Post
I emailed them and pointed out the thread. Let them decide what they think is good for their business and then we all can decide if their business is good for us.
Perfectly said!!

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 11-11-2007, 03:34 AM   #27
rjw3000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Charm
Carrier: T-Mobile

The common sense solution to this is BeeJive charging the customer $10 for the non-transferable license.

We shall see what happens.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:36 AM   #28
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

I'm certain it will get straightened out with satisfactory results. BeeJive is a good company.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #29
Dawg
No longer Registered.

One complaint in how long about pricing come on guys. Yall are reading into this way way to much. This guy didnt read the agreement it his fault and yall want the company to give him something. That to me isnt good business should I give in to every homeowners request for non warranted items because they didnt read the warranty aggreement?

The pricing is very simple I just dont understand all the fuss.
purchase JiveTalk™

Step 1 of 4: Choose the JiveTalk™ For BlackBerry® License Option
Thank you for your interest in purchasing JiveTalk™ for BlackBerry®! For your convenience, BeeJive offers the following license options. Please read the descriptions carefully and select the option most appropriate for your needs.

Save Now With Our Introductory Pricing Limited Time Offer!

Take advantage of our special introductory offer - get JiveTalk™ for BlackBerry® for a low one-time price and no recurring subscription fees!

Device License - $19.95
Install and use the software on a single BlackBerry® device. You can also upgrade the software. However, once installed, you cannot transfer the license to another device.
User License - $29.95
Install and use the software on one BlackBerry® device at a time. You can also upgrade the software. There are no device transfer limitations with this license.
Need to purchase JiveTalk™ for a group or business?

Multi-User License - $29.95 per user
Multiple users can install and use the software on their BlackBerry® devices. Users can also upgrade the software. There are no device transfer limitations with this license.
Number of seats:

You can purchase up to 500 seats here, contact [email address] for larger groups.
Have a JiveTalk Coupon? Enter the code below

to me it doesnt read any simpler

Last edited by Dawg; 11-11-2007 at 10:24 AM..
Old 11-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #30
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon

Of course I'm going against the grain here... BUT I feel the poster is cheated out of way should be a free transfer. It seems NOBODY is paying attention to the fact that his Blackberry was STOLEN.

Of course before I ditched my blackberry I bought BeeJive and bought the 29 dollar version because I change phones like clothes. BUT had I planned on keeping lets say my 8830e and never purchasing a blackberry again I would have only spent the 19.

IF I were BeeJive I would be understanding to the fact that this customers blackberry was STOLEN and do the right thing... Transfer his license. Obviously if there becomes a trend then proof the device was stolen would be needed (IE scan/email a copy of the police report).

I don't know I think with as many licenses and they have most likely sold Killing the 19 price and dropping the 29 and making it 25 for a transferable license would be fair.

Also what about that poor guy who's blackberry falls in a puddle of water. I think besides people like me who change phones thus we should have to pay 29 by telling someone with a lost/stolen/broken blackberry to pay 29 is like making them pay for insurance on top of their carrier insurance!

And as usual our ever friendly and most recently self admittedly edgy (read in off topic ) Dog ALWAYS has to go by the letter of the law versus spirit or in this case pricing policy!

This guys phone was STOLEN... and like I said in my previous post, if he and I were alike at all and planned on this being our only blackberry I would have bought the one device license.

YES the original poster admitted to not understanding the difference between transferable or whatever he admited to BUT the way I read his post he also didn't think his blackberry would be getting stolen. I don't see him asking for a free upgrade because he went from a Curve to another newer blackberry... Stolen is stolen flat out and good spirit says just transfer his fricken license...

Last edited by apple85; 11-11-2007 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Condensed two postings to one
Old 11-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #31
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK

There are obviously two groups here as far as this issue goes.

I think Perhaps maybe some sort of exception should be made.

of course bee jive perspective maybe: how do they know he actually lost his BB?

leaves open much potential fraud when people switch because they can then say oh my BB was stolen.

perhaps thats the reasoning behind they way they have it. I

I think they may go ahead and take care of this guy I would. Grant him a one time exception.

I think we all feel for the OP.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #32
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Yep, it's always easy for a few of us to tell another how to run their business. I don't think any of us would like BeeJive telling us how to run our personal business, what to sell our used BBs for or to call us a cheat. You wouldn't very much like it.

But's it ok for a couple of posters here to call BeeJive a "ripoff" and "cheats".

I am betting BeeJive will make it right, which more than we'll see from those discontented here.

Last edited by JSanders; 11-11-2007 at 08:43 PM..
Old 11-12-2007, 01:03 AM   #33
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

I think what people are missing is there directions or policy is not as cut an dry as you may think. Streamlining the process with a single price point would help to control or eliminate the confusion. Some people just get stuck in the mind set of right or wrong and black and white instead they should be focused on customers being happy with there purchase and buying experience. Its as simple as Marketing 101.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 AM   #34
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie

Bee Jive has indicated to me that they will work with rextilleon. I have changed the thread title to reflect the debate.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:48 AM   #35
rextilleon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Its nice to see that a civil discourse has evolved from my post. Here is my update. I finally heard from Bee Jive---via Pinstack.coms message service. They claimed that they didn't receive my emails (I had sent three of them) and that they would be happy to give me a transfer license at no cost. Unfortunately, having not heard from them for several days, I decided to purchase it myself.

I think that their program is good enough to charge 29.99--or even more. I think the tiered system doesn't work and that they should consider dumping it. I doubt very much that they would see diminished of sales. Remember, this is an excellent product.

The other thing I would recommend is that they do something about their customer support. It really is lacking, and claiming that they didn't receive all the emails I sent just does not ring true.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:09 AM   #36
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour

Good to hear that things finally worked out minus you purchasing your new one... Hmmm refund? I know pushing the envelope i'll stop!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:41 AM   #37
rextilleon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

AT this point I expect nothing. I made the error and now I am paying the piper!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:12 AM   #38
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I'm willing to bet they would refund rextillion!

Perhaps beejive has read this thread and will take the suggestions and thoughts to heart and review their policies and price structure
Old 11-12-2007, 04:19 AM   #39
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rextilleon
Its nice to see that a civil discourse has evolved from my post. Here is my update. I finally heard from Bee Jive---via Pinstack.coms message service. They claimed that they didn't receive my emails (I had sent three of them) and that they would be happy to give me a transfer license at no cost. Unfortunately, having not heard from them for several days, I decided to purchase it myself.

I think that their program is good enough to charge 29.99--or even more. I think the tiered system doesn't work and that they should consider dumping it. I doubt very much that they would see diminished of sales. Remember, this is an excellent product.

The other thing I would recommend is that they do something about their customer support. It really is lacking, and claiming that they didn't receive all the emails I sent just does not ring true.
Perhaps they didn't get them not entirely impossible, maybe overlooked.

How much staff do they have?

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt!

I have had issues with dell and best buy and it took weeks to hear back from them.

Glad to hear it all worked out
Old 11-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #40
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Well since I lost my 7130e I wounder if they would give me one too. Heck since they are so willing they should be willing for all of us. Since this is such a politically correct world i should be able to get the same as the next guy.

See where this is going to go for them..
Closed Thread