aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted (8700g)

I'm repeating myself, but here goes anyway:

(a) the blackberry is different.

(b) it is obvious from reading the forum over time that many, many people are getting the blackberry for whatever reason but not knowing that it is different

(c) and these people think the blackberry is flawed or substandard (pick your term) because it doesn't do what they want in the way they want -- in short, they want the blackberry to be something else

(d) worse, many come on the forum to rant about something they perceive as a huge design error when in fact they don't understand the function or the reason it is the way it is

From my perspective those veterans who responded early were dead on so far as suggesting the OP find another device that better suits his needs.

As far as language, there are members here from middle school age (at least occaisionally, and maybe younger) to people who, let's say, have been around a long time. And we have members from a wide range of professions and experience. While I may not be horribly offended by the OP's language, it did set the tone, as JS says. This forum has an atmosphere. Like it or not, if you want someone's respect and their help and cooperation, you have to earn it. It isn't something you are owed. If you disagree, fine, but good luck.

My opinion.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:33 AM   #42
Rolo1971
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

yeah.........I was going to say that too!!!

Very well said aiharkness.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:39 AM   #43
Fled
No longer Registered.

Model: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Wirelessly posted (8700g)
This forum has an atmosphere. Like it or not, if you want someone's respect and their help and cooperation, you have to earn it. It isn't something you are owed. If you disagree, fine, but good luck.

My opinion.
So newcomers are only to be treated respectfully after they have earned it? Wow. I'm certainly glad that the world in general does not subscribe to this philosophy. However, your statement does indeed explain the "atmosphere" of this forum.

And just in case there is any misunderstanding, I do indeed disagree. I believe that everyone (and especially newcomers) are entitled to be treated respectfully. I'm aware that there are people who don't feel that way. However, I frankly find it a little disturbing when someone so freely admits to it!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:41 AM   #44
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000

is there any particular reason to continuing this thread? if not, just let it die.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #45
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Fled, you, who have thread-crapped through almost your entire first three months here, have no room to question how new members are treated.

Tread lightly at this point.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:56 AM   #46
Fled
No longer Registered.

Model: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Fled, you, who have thread-crapped through almost your entire first three months here, have no room to question how new members are treated.

Tread lightly at this point.
First of all, the thread-crapping comment is your opinion. I merely stated my opinion here related to the original post and was then attacked by you and others.

And I'm not questioning how new members are treated. I'm merely stating how I think they should be treated - with respect. Do you disagree?
Old 03-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #47
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

lol, birds of feather...

Ok, well if you want to join US in treating new members with respect (and open arms), go check out the New Members' section, OR any new 1 or 2 posts around here and see who offers them respect and who doesn't.
Closed Thread