BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
TXCraig

Model: 7105t
Default 7105t Bluetooth Sync Not Working

Please Login to Remove!

I have not been able to get my phone to sync with my laptop via bluetooth. Here is what I have done so far:

Laptop: Dell Latitude D600 with built-in bluetooth adapter

Paired my phone with my laptop

Went into the backberry device manager 4.1 and the bluetooth configure button was grayed out.

Came here and found the problem was the drivers. I uninstalled the Dell drivers and installed XP SP2. Now I have the windows bluetooth drivers on my machines.

Paired the laptop to the phone.

Went into the backberry device manager and now i can choose the bluetooth configure button. Click on add device.. it says it can find any device !?!?!

I have gone down the "check list" to make sure I have done everything that is needed, but still no luck!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:35 AM   #2
NxlKing2304

Model: 7100i

Possible Solution to Your Problem:

I had the same problem, and i have been fighting with this for about two weeks with my 7100i! After a little trial and error, i think i found the solution! I have a Dell Insiprion 9100! It is a little glitch with the DLL files in the blackberry desktop software! Try this out and let me know what happens!

Click 'Start'
Click 'Run'
Type, 'Command' or 'CMD' and hit enter

Navigate To:
C:\Progra~1\Common~1\Resear~1\USBDri~1
When There Type these two commands in this order!!!
bbdevmgr.exe /regserver -- HIT ENTER
regsvr32 bbdevmgrps.dll -- HIT ENTER
NOTE: After you typed that last command it should have brought you back to a windows XP desktop and said something about succedded?!?! If it did, Then go back to your command prompt!

Navigate To:
C:\Progra~1\Common~1\Resear~1\RIMDev~1
When There Type these two commands in this order!!!
rimdevicemanager.exe /regserver -- HIT ENTER
regsvr32 rimdevicemanagerps.dll -- HIT ENTER
NOTE: After you typed that last command it should have brought you back to a windows XP desktop and said something about succedded?!?! If it did, continue! If It did, close out your command prompt!

MAKE SURE YOUR BLACKBERRY DEVICE MANAGER IS NOT RUNNING!!!!
AT THIS POINT, GO AND PAIR YOUR PHONE BACK UP, IF IT IS ALREADY PAIRED REMOVE IT AND REPAIR IT! WHEN YOU GET TO THE SCREEN WHERE IT SAYS ABOUT THE PASSKEY, LET YOUR COMPUTER CHOOSE A PASSKEY FOR YOU FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! BEFORE CONTINUEING MAKE SURE YOUR BLACKBERRY SHOWS THE TWO LITTLE ARROWS TO THE RIGHT OF THE BLUETOOTH ICON BY THE SIGNAL!

START YOUR BLACKBERRY DEVICE MANAGER, THEN CLICK CONFIGURE BLUETOOTH, DELETE YOUR OLD BLACKBERRY DEVICE, AND ADD THE NEW ONE! AND HIT OK! YOU SHOULD NOW SEE YOUR BLACKBERRY START TO INTERACT WITH YOUR COMPUTER!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
ventmore
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

I was under the impression that bluetooth sync was on the 7100i only, as it needs the 4.1OS......the 4.1OS is not available on any other handsets yet...though please correct me if I'm wrong
Old 11-14-2005, 02:13 PM   #4
Mr Pink57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventmore
I was under the impression that bluetooth sync was on the 7100i only, as it needs the 4.1OS......the 4.1OS is not available on any other handsets yet...though please correct me if I'm wrong
You are correct! This can only be accomplished with OS v4.1 on the handheld and OS v4.1 DM, in which the only device to have it is the 7100i. v4.1 will apprently be released by the end of the year for other devices.

pink
Old 11-14-2005, 09:28 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

REPEAT - YOU CAN NOT DO BLUETOOTH SYNC UNTIL HANDHELD OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION 4.1 IS RELEASED BY YOUR CARRIER.

The only BB that has 4.1 is the 7100i.
Closed Thread