BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
BigRedd

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T
Default Questions regarding managing multiple e-mail accounts on an 8820

Please Login to Remove!

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere here but please indulge me as my new 8820 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I have a one-week old daughter and a sick 2.5 year old (queue violins). I did a quick search and couldn't find any easy answers.

I will be setting up my BB on my company's BES to get push e-mail for my work e-mail. Is it possible to simultaneously get push e-mail to my BB from a Yahoo! or GMail account (I have Yahoo! now but could switch to GMail if that would be mush easier) if I am set up on my company's BES? I'm trying to avoid having to use the web browser to get "internet" e-mail.

If so, some follow on questions:

1) Do the e-mails from the separate accounts all go into one Inbox on the BB or separate ones? Either way, what happens when I respond to e-mails? Does the BB "know" which account (i.e. work vs. Yahoo!) the underlying e-mail came from so that my reply appears to the recipient to come from the correct e-mail account?
2) Will my company's BES admins be able to "see" my personal e-mails that come from Yahoo!/Gmail to my BB? I have been very careful to only use my work e-mail account for actual work. If the BES admins can see my personal e-mail, I lose that benefit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Answers below: See ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedd View Post
I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere here but please indulge me as my new 8820 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I have a one-week old daughter and a sick 2.5 year old (queue violins). I did a quick search and couldn't find any easy answers.

I will be setting up my BB on my company's BES to get push e-mail for my work e-mail. Is it possible to simultaneously get push e-mail to my BB from a Yahoo! or GMail account (I have Yahoo! now but could switch to GMail if that would be mush easier) if I am set up on my company's BES? I'm trying to avoid having to use the web browser to get "internet" e-mail.

**Yes - you get access to BIS with your BES subscription. You can push up to 10 accounts. It will be instant on some but can be delayed up to 15 minutes on others. Be sure your company allows this!! If so, some follow on questions:

1) Do the e-mails from the separate accounts all go into one Inbox on the BB or separate ones? Either way, what happens when I respond to e-mails? Does the BB "know" which account (i.e. work vs. Yahoo!) the underlying e-mail came from so that my reply appears to the recipient to come from the correct e-mail account?

***All messages go into the Master Message Folder, For each account a new icon is created which is a view of the master folder but only presents items associated with the particular account. You can use these or hide them and just go into the master message folder if you prefer.

2) Will my company's BES admins be able to "see" my personal e-mails that come from Yahoo!/Gmail to my BB? I have been very careful to only use my work e-mail account for actual work. If the BES admins can see my personal e-mail, I lose that benefit.

**Yes, once on a BES everything you do with the device can be reviewed. If you don't want your boss to see it, don't do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Closed Thread