Old 10-16-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
cmhn12
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: 2140D6E8
Carrier: Rogers
Default whats your view

Please Login to Remove!

this is somthing that i have noticed more and more, the more i get into the BBF...does it seem the the super moderatiors are doing more poicing and ordering around then moderating? not trying to cause hell just wanted to get other peoples views?
2140D6E8
Old 10-16-2006, 04:31 PM   #2
koleary19067
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Dont see why you would post this. I think the moderators here are very good. You might think that its 'orders', I think its 'good direction'
Old 10-16-2006, 05:10 PM   #3
cmhn12
Thumbs Must Hurt

i also think the moderators are very good as well...and i have gotten ALOT of help from them...they are great resources of information! all im saying is that maybe we all need to look at how we talk on the fourms, and try not to be as harsh to other posters as i have seen people be...and i think it should start with the MODs as they are the leaders of the fourms
2140D6E8
Old 10-16-2006, 05:27 PM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

I'm not sure what the complaint is here?
Care to clarify?
Old 10-16-2006, 06:33 PM   #5
cmhn12
Thumbs Must Hurt

its not really a complaint, more so an observation. i have found that in alot of posts ppl can become very rude in their response to questions and posts, all i am saying is that i think there should be a little bit more decorum or respect, and not be so quick with a smart comeback kinda thing. i know i would like to see it. that being said i have found the fourms sooooo helpful, but as anything great thing, theres always room for improvment, and i think the MODs should set the example, not that most of you arent already. just a humble bb users options...hope that cleared some of it up NJBlackBerry
2140D6E8
Old 10-16-2006, 06:42 PM   #6
kasperapd

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

I haven't seen the Mods be anything but helpful. I actually have seen them time and time again edit posts for abusive language, or close a thread when it was getting argumentative, or way off base. They are doing a great job, and have been setting a good example.

Please try a Search
Old 10-16-2006, 06:50 PM   #7
cmhn12
Thumbs Must Hurt

i have seen that too! im not saying they do not do that...maybe im wrong...like i said its just my thoughts
2140D6E8
Old 10-17-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
William&Frances
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

....You can't paint all the moderators with a broad brush and here I will not mention any names but I was treated quite rudely for posting a thread that was perhaps a little off topic. I was then as I consider myself now quite the newbie and before getting the help I needed, I was pounced on. I offered suggestions on how it could have been handled but before getting to that point there were quite a few words. I will fight back when I think I have been wronged and afterwards I appoligized for my part but the super moderator acted as any king would, closed the thread and walked away.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:10 PM   #9
cmhn12
Thumbs Must Hurt

there is lies my point, i just think we should be a little more kind on the forums...and NOT all but some MODS have been less the kind on more then one topic...thats all i am saying not that all super mods are bad or that they are suck or anything along thoses lines...just that if you are a super mod then maybe you should try and make sure all your fellows are acting as they should...if i am wrong on this then sorry
2140D6E8
Old 10-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #10
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

There's another blackberry forum where people are very nice to each other -- they even go so far as to respond to a thread for the sole purpose of welcoming new members. I like it that people are extra nice to each other over there, but it also makes hard to cut through all of the crap -- people ask the same questions over and over again.

Here, on the other hand, people get chastised (sometimes harshly, usually by mods) for asking questions that could obviously and easily have been answered by a simple search. Thus, although the mods can be harsh sometimes, the forum is easier to navigate, and people seem to ask far fewer already answered questions.

My point is that each approach has its merit -- one is not necessarily better than the other.

The approach here keeps the forum topics and responses relevant. AFAIC, the approach should not change.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #11
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I have my broad brush right here guys.
If you feel you are being mistreated, then you have choices. No one is FORCING you to stay here, are they?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #12
BiggJayBK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 243070B3
Carrier: T-Mobile

I think the MODs are doing a good job organizing the Forum. Don't get emotional
Old 10-17-2006, 02:36 PM   #13
cmhn12
Thumbs Must Hurt

ok this is the last post on this, i am not painting the MODs with any kind of a broad brush, and i do understand that people do often ask questions were a very simple search can answer it, nor am i being emotional on this. My point is that yes, there are times were ppl need chastised, but it goes on much to often, and you are right NJ noone is keeping anyone here but, if somone does stay they shouldnt be jumped on if they mispost or insulted if they ask a dumb question, that dosent make a nice place to share information. But Spamdumpster i do not agree, the approach should change, and im not saying everyone be super nice and welcome evey post etc...just be polite, and not rude...maybe this is expecting to much from grown men and women to be polite to each other...i wouldnt think so but this seems to be the case...and the end of the day nothing will change, but it is worth something to see that there might be room for it. again the forum it great but the heavy handed and rude comments often left dont make for a nice place, and that should change, or maybe we just need to be rude right back..if no one feels there is anything wrong with being rude in the 1st place.
2140D6E8
Old 10-17-2006, 06:02 PM   #14
war_eaglegrl28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: T-Mobile

I haven't been on the site long but here is my 2 cents. A lot of sh** goes on behind closed doors for mods and admins. I am a mod on a few sites and admin on one. It isn't just moving or locking threads. It is trying to keep thousands of people all happy at ONE time, being peacemakers, and not to mention the PMs and IMs you recieve on a daily basis. If they do get annoyed it is completely understandable.

Like I said just my 2 cents.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #15
William&Frances

....I don't think its completely understandable. We just witnessed another perfect example of how NJ treats people.....if you don't like it no one is forcing you to stick around, basicly the gist of what he said when all cmhn12 was doing was asking for a little kindness. Thats what I want from people trying to help me. The only person that should be chastising me at this point is my Father, all others should treat me with the same kindness and respec that I give them. Too many people on here think that some if not all the moderators are God's gift to the blackberry and some of them get to feeling that way and instead of being truly helpful they become annoyingly arrogant and their answer to that is to tell you to go away if you don't like it...how sad.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #16
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

This is by no means suppose to come off as an excuse more so as informative. All the Mods have their styles and approach, FWIW NJ is probably the most reluctant to ban or close threads out of all of us. Being said BBF is huge some 60k plus in users, mil's in traffic and when you managing, sorting that much info sometimes you may come off a bit rough without knowing. It is nobody's intent to insult or come off harsh but when you sort through that much and the same questions get asked "How do I create ringtones?", "can I email without a data plan?", "I need a free unlocker?" "How do I sync?" etc. it can become frustrating when we do everything possible to assist users in getting their answers as quick as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhn12
its not really a complaint, more so an observation. i have found that in alot of posts ppl can become very rude in their response to questions and posts, all i am saying is that i think there should be a little bit more decorum or respect, and not be so quick with a smart comeback kinda thing. i know i would like to see it. that being said i have found the fourms sooooo helpful, but as anything great thing, theres always room for improvment, and i think the MODs should set the example, not that most of you arent already. just a humble bb users options...hope that cleared some of it up NJBlackBerry
Old 10-18-2006, 08:48 AM   #17
BBAdmin

Model: .
Carrier: .

I think finch has nailed it with that one. I don't know all the answers and I sometimes have to search for a resolution to a problem, resulting in sifting through a lot of crap threads that should not exist (would not have existed) if people used features like the Search facility. The more crap we can get out the way, the more accurate the search creteria, and if you go to any forum you'll see threads of 'use the search button'. Are there ocassions where things could be put more politely on a newbie user...certainly. I think the important thing to remember here is that we're all people, not user ID's which means that we can all bite when we shouldn't sometimes. Although I don't think anyone in this thread is actually complaining, it's worth noting that nobody is getting charged for a service here, and certainly nobody is getting paid!!

Old 10-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #18
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

It is worth mentioning again that all of the moderators are volunteers and we do put up with a lot of crap from some people. I know no one wants to search. No one wants to be told they hijacked a thread and start a new one. But we are here to try and help out and make some sense of order out of chaos.

And, again, no one is being forced to stay here. If you really don't like the forum, then by all means leave and don't post!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #19
William&Frances

.....While I will agree that answering the same questions over and over again can be fustrating but its a job that you either volunteered for and or are getting paid to do and if you can't always do with kindess and respect then perhaps you should all take a page from your favorite moderators book and by all means leave.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:56 AM   #20
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Sorry - I'm not going anywhere.

You seem to have a real problem with the way I do my job. If you are looking for kindness and respect, perhaps a public Internet forum is not the right place for you.

And I'm done with this thread.
Closed Thread