BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #1
ibjohn85

Model: 8700c
Default Gmail Question

Please Login to Remove!

so I've been using the gmail forwarding thing to my blackberry for a few days now and today some people got mad at me. I'm in an organization where alot of people communicate with email and we rely alot on gmail's capability to show emails in a log format, like for large chain emails with lots of replies. Apparently when I reply to an email it breaks the chain and starts a new set of emails so if people reply to my email it doesn't log with the previous chain. Is this confusing? I hope not. Anyone know a solution besides not using the forwarding function and just logging on to gmail through the browser (that would suck). And I have it set up to show my gmail address as the sent from adddress.

Oh and on a side note anyone know how to disable the sent via blackberry from cingular crap I look like a huge tool when people read that after ever single one of my emails

Thanks John
Old 01-18-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
hbomb341
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700C
Carrier: AT&T

To change your signiture it is setup on the BIS server. Just login at https://webclient.blackberry.net/Web...ite=mycingular click Options and it is right there. Also on that same page is an option to include the orignal message in your reply I bet that will fix your issue.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:53 PM   #3
rel12561
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjohn85
so I've been using the gmail forwarding thing to my blackberry for a few days now and today some people got mad at me. I'm in an organization where alot of people communicate with email and we rely alot on gmail's capability to show emails in a log format, like for large chain emails with lots of replies. Apparently when I reply to an email it breaks the chain and starts a new set of emails so if people reply to my email it doesn't log with the previous chain. Is this confusing? I hope not. Anyone know a solution besides not using the forwarding function and just logging on to gmail through the browser (that would suck). And I have it set up to show my gmail address as the sent from adddress.

Oh and on a side note anyone know how to disable the sent via blackberry from cingular crap I look like a huge tool when people read that after ever single one of my emails

Thanks John
You could always give Gmail for Blackberry a try from Shape Services, the folks who make IM+ I've used it and it seems to behave as if I've gone to gmail's site so it' imperceptible to folks I converse with.
PIN 23F257DB

Old 01-19-2006, 12:02 AM   #4
myownminerva
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i

just enable gmail pop3 and set it up in BIS
Old 01-19-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
ibjohn85

thanks for your help I did some search on this forum but this was it...http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...ght=gmail+8700
the program from shape services is ayte but it cost money...and pop3 I can't get to work so... eh try and try agina I guess
Old 01-19-2006, 12:34 AM   #6
ibjohn85

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownminerva
just enable gmail pop3 and set it up in BIS
sweet I think everything is cool now that I did the whole pop3 stuff. I didn't do it at first because most people I talked to said it didn't work but it totally does. The only poo is that it is hella slow I mean it took it a few minutes for me to recieve the message on my bb whereass when I was forwarding it was definately instant. Any thoughts?
Old 01-19-2006, 12:54 AM   #7
dwlace01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
sweet I think everything is cool now that I did the whole pop3 stuff. I didn't do it at first because most people I talked to said it didn't work but it totally does. The only poo is that it is hella slow I mean it took it a few minutes for me to recieve the message on my bb whereass when I was forwarding it was definately instant. Any thoughts?
the BIS in blackberry is known to have the delay issue. From what i've heard its been in the 15 minute-20 minute range so you're lucky if its only a few minutes. It can't be helped :(
Old 01-19-2006, 07:46 AM   #8
mortgageguy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwlace01
the BIS in blackberry is known to have the delay issue. From what i've heard its been in the 15 minute-20 minute range so you're lucky if its only a few minutes. It can't be helped :(
I'm on BIS and I get my emails almost instantly.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:04 AM   #9
jontalotta
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

1) The BIS pushes email to the BB when it arrives in the BIS Inbox.

2) The reason for the delay when the BIS pops an email account is that the BIS only pops accounts every [insert number based on specific carrier BIS] minutes (while email accounts usually forward to the BIS immediately).

3) As for user perceptions varying re pop speed, it will depend on how often the BIS pops email accounts. It also depends on when a specific email arrives in an email account. If one arrives in an email account just before the BIS pops it, it will appear that the email reached the BB quickly; one that arrives in the email account just after the BIS pops it will appear to take some time to reach the BB, because it won't get picked up until the next pop cycle.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:27 PM   #10
ibjohn85

learned something new today...
Old 01-20-2006, 09:21 AM   #11
athreya
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmobile
Default Same issue

Quote:

Thanks John
Me facing the same issue with the 7100, the 8700 and the 7290...did it finally get resolved for you? when i type an em from the device it doesnt show up on gmail and thereafter only the first response does (i guess because of the conversational style of gmail?)
Old 01-21-2006, 05:48 AM   #12
carwashi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700C
Carrier: Cingular

you can get around all of these problems by doing the following

1) use a forwarding filter --- dont use pop. Create a filter of in:inbox and have it forwarded to your bb account. You will get all mail that lands in your gmail inbox delivered to your bb instanlyy

2) on the bis acxxxx setup the "bcc" your gmail account on all sent mail. Also create a filter on gmail so that if mail comes in from you to archive it (that way it doesnt show).

3) use your gmail account as your reply to address for all bis mail

If you do these three things you will basically be able to send from your bb and have all mails and replays make it to gmail ... as well as your device. post back if this isnt clear or you have questions
Closed Thread