BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 09:23 PM   #21
fraggal

Model: 8100
Carrier: t-mobile
Default just off the phone with cingular

Please Login to Remove!

I talked CS tonight about 8:00pm EST. He told me that 7100 just became available today. Price is 299 with 2 year contact and 349 without. He also said that the 7100 is only available on the web site. It’s not on the site as of now
Old 02-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #22
apbb2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru
Did you ask her what model? Some have been reporting that the stores are quoting the 7290 as the new model.
She said it was the 7100. But who knows.

When we get it is when we get it, I guess.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:52 AM   #23
apbb2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

OK, This one's weird.

After I posted here, I decided to call Cingular's National Business Office.

I have just placed an order for an AT&T (using my existing SIM) 7100.

I got an order number and should receive it within the next few day. I'll keep you updated.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:53 PM   #24
mmcpher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
PIN: 22CD4D6E
Carrier: ATT/Verizon
Default AT&T?

>I have just placed an order for an AT&T (using my existing SIM) 7100. <

When I called, of course I was routed to a Cingular Rep, who suggested that we move our plan from AT&T over to Cingular, but who was unfamiliar with the BB 7100 series. That rep was under the impression that there would be no more new AT&T models available and that I should keep checking back on the Cingular 7100. If I understand it correctly, even though the companies have merged, there will continue to be AT&T and Cingular plans/customers. AT&T customers still have AT&T plans, but they can access Cingular networks. I would love to get a 7100, and am not hung up on which logo is on it.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:20 PM   #25
jeremy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900

How did you pull this off? I just talked to NBO and the rep insisted that I would have to migrate from AWS to Cingular in order to get a 7100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apbb2
OK, This one's weird.

After I posted here, I decided to call Cingular's National Business Office.

I have just placed an order for an AT&T (using my existing SIM) 7100.

I got an order number and should receive it within the next few day. I'll keep you updated.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #26
cameron
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I just ordered mine (legacy ATT - through NBO) - no migration necessary.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:14 PM   #27
mmcpher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
PIN: 22CD4D6E
Carrier: ATT/Verizon
Default What's the secret?

What? Is it just luck of the draw? It depends on who picks up the phone at the NBO? The rep I talked to wasn't familiar with the details, but twice put me on hold to see what could be done and came back with an unqualified "nothing yet".
Old 02-08-2005, 06:03 PM   #28
cameron
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Is it just luck of the draw
I had to call three times.

You are calling NBO, right?
Old 02-08-2005, 06:28 PM   #29
jeremy

I got through and got mine ordered.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:21 PM   #30
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy
Jeremy -- Did you have to migrate from AWS to Cingular? Did you order a Cingular 7100g, or an AWS 7100? How much was it? Did you have to sign a contract? Any rebates?
Old 02-09-2005, 09:46 AM   #31
jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinda35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy
Jeremy -- Did you have to migrate from AWS to Cingular? Did you order a Cingular 7100g, or an AWS 7100? How much was it? Did you have to sign a contract? Any rebates?
I did not have to migrate. The rep explained that I will just place my current SIM (AWS) in the new device. I do not know how the unit will be branded. I'll let you know when I get it. Price I was quoted, $299. The rep did mention something about a contract. I forget if it was 1 or 2 years.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #32
gregg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100

No more a rumor...
http://www.eaccess.com/blackberry_7100.htm
Old 02-09-2005, 11:42 AM   #33
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregg
And it's on Ebay unlocked at $750 minimum bid. That must mean the kiosks will have them in a few days.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #34
Sundog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron
Which number did you call specifically - I called 3 times, and each rep said no info.
Please post the phone number.
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:02 PM   #35
Louis Skolnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundog1
Quote:
Which number did you call specifically - I called 3 times, and each rep said no info.
Thanks!
847-991-7190. I called and ordered one today.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:04 PM   #36
Sundog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Skolnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundog1
Quote:
Thanks!
847-991-7190. I called and ordered one today.
Maybe you just made a mistake, but 1/2 the info I am finding here is crap.
The 847-991-7190 you listed above is e-access - a wireless provider, not the number for NBO, which you must have a corporate account with.

To even discourage me more - I called NBO and they said I had to go into an att store to setup a business account in person, then call them back to order. When I went to the store they told me to, the staff knew what I was talking about, but didnt know how to do it, and asked me to come back tomorrow.

With all the in-accurate posts lacking info here, and the poor customer service at att and cingular, it's just not worth it.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #37
Louis Skolnik

Sundog,

The only inaccurate posts lacking info here are from you. The number I supplied is for Eaccess yes. I made no mistake. I ordered mine directly from them as a CONSUMER, not a BUSINESS sale. Hell, you can even order one from them online, either as a consumer or business. I don't know what your deal is, but before you start calling everyone out for inaccuracy and "crap," you should take a look at what you're doing first.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:49 AM   #38
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

*** ATTENTION FROM MODERATOR ***

This is supposed to be a fun hobbyist BlackBerry forum

Let's calm down. Some of us are all new users around here.

New users often learn to trust posters that have a high postcount, with large posts (For example, I have over 1500 messages posted here in BlackBerryForums.com). It is an acquired taste to judge users online, and it can be tricky for new users at first.

For example, there ARE lots of accurate information on this forum, such as the BlackBerry FAQ ...
Forums can often contain inaccurate information sometimes, so it is important to read through the forum and make appropriate judgements based on how well-received people are. It is very easy to tell apart good information from bad information once someone becomes familiar with forum systems -- For example, you can easily tell how many posts a person has made. And you can easily tell a high-post-count person can be pretty accurate by reading the replies to the threads containing the high-post-count person;

Rest assured that there is always GREAT information and BAD information in almost any public forum system, including this one. BlackBerryForums pride themselves in the higher-quality information that exists, such as posts made by dozens of prominent members that are well-received.

Also, sometimes supposedly-great information can be sometimes unclear and confusing especially if not enough information is supplied. We should all be thankful that this forum system exists that at least provides "pieces" to a jigsaw puzzle -- even if not the whole solution to the puzzle. For example, there is probably at least some great information in this thread (i.e. eAccess now sells 7100g's) but that things might get confusing because of omitted information, which can be frequent;

Again, this is supposed to be a fun hobbyist BlackBerry forum

Please ignore this thread if this thread is not useful;
Attacks/accusations should be avoided, and ignoring should be preached.

Thanks!

www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 02-10-2005, 02:24 AM   #39
Sundog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Skolnik
Sundog,

The only inaccurate posts lacking info here are from you. The number I supplied is for Eaccess yes. I made no mistake. I ordered mine directly from them as a CONSUMER, not a BUSINESS sale. Hell, you can even order one from them online, either as a consumer or business. I don't know what your deal is, but before you start calling everyone out for inaccuracy and "crap," you should take a look at what you're doing first.
Louis,

Sorry, I should not have worded it the way i did, but I asked for the NBO phone number from Cameron, and you posted the eacess number with no explanation, so i was a little frustrated. Sorry if you were offended.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:43 AM   #40
Sundog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon

Forums can often contain inaccurate information sometimes, so it is important to read through the forum and make appropriate judgements based on how well-received people are. It is very easy to tell apart good information from bad information once someone becomes familiar with forum systems -- For example, you can easily tell how many posts a person has made. And you can easily tell a high-post-count person can be pretty accurate by reading the replies to the threads containing the high-post-count person;

Rest assured that there is always GREAT information and BAD information in almost any public forum system, including this one. BlackBerryForums pride themselves in the higher-quality information that exists, such as posts made by dozens of prominent members that are well-received.

Also, sometimes supposedly-great information can be sometimes unclear and confusing especially if not enough information is supplied. We should all be thankful that this forum system exists that at least provides "pieces" to a jigsaw puzzle -- even if not the whole solution to the puzzle. For example, there is probably at least some great information in this thread (i.e. eAccess now sells 7100g's) but that things might get confusing because of omitted information, which can be frequent;

Again, this is supposed to be a fun hobbyist BlackBerry forum

Please ignore this thread if this thread is not useful;
Attacks/accusations should be avoided, and ignoring should be preached.

Thanks!

Moderator,

Thanks for your excellent post, and sorry for the way I worded mine, but I was frustrated about the bits and pieces with missing info, as you noted. Please feel free to delete my post as you see fit.
Closed Thread