BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:40 PM   #81
420walnut

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

maybe a stupid question - but assuming the new price break does include BES customers - when I have them remove and re-add the service will there be any re-connect configuration steps required on my (or my IT dept's) end?

thanks for helping
Old 06-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #82
stripesace
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile

1st part of your question is yes, and your rep will love you for the commission.
and no - on the re-connect.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:44 AM   #83
Chen_Kenichi
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

The Cingular rep who opened my BIS account was very nice and even gave me his cellphone number in case I had probelm... So I don't have a problem by giving him extra commission. But wouldn't Cingular thought of this and prevent "double-dipping"?
Old 06-06-2006, 01:09 AM   #84
jdjleo

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chen_Kenichi
So I don't have a problem by giving him extra commission. But wouldn't Cingular thought of this and prevent "double-dipping"?

Yes and No.
The New at&t

Last edited by jdjleo; 07-09-2006 at 01:06 AM..
Old 06-06-2006, 03:10 AM   #85
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

From what I heared is for users of BES the price will remain as is. The price changes will only effect BIS. No one has confirmed to me if this will be automaticaly applied to current BIS users and in my opnion, like was said about Cingular's rigid billing system, one would need to call in or speak to a rep to get the new SOC as I beleive CIngular has no way of knowing who is who based on the info they have on all current users.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:34 AM   #86
cmosttl

Model: 8700C

jdjleo - thanx for all of your great behind the scene insight and contribs!

On a side note - the cease and desist request (order) re: the always ongoing, rarely pleasant Cingular vs. TMO argument... AKA - 'who is better and why the other one sucks'; et. al

AMEN to this. Thank You

Sincerely,

cmos

Last edited by cmosttl; 06-06-2006 at 06:39 AM..
Old 06-06-2006, 06:21 AM   #87
rollerbones
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800

Would the Yahoo messenger from Rim/Yahoo start working when this is all the changes happen?
Old 06-06-2006, 06:27 AM   #88
dozment

Carrier: Cingular

I have a question about something that is still not exactly clear to me regarding the upgrade. Everything I have read about the upgrade says that Yahoo mail is pushed and messages deleted on the hand held will be deleted on the mail server.

I host my own mail server, and right now I have my mail mail forwarded to my BB account. If I switch over and have my BB pull my mail from my POP server will mail deleted on my BB be deleted on my POP server, or does this only work with Yahoo?
Old 06-06-2006, 06:35 AM   #89
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozment
I have a question about something that is still not exactly clear to me regarding the upgrade. Everything I have read about the upgrade says that Yahoo mail is pushed and messages deleted on the hand held will be deleted on the mail server.

I host my own mail server, and right now I have my mail mail forwarded to my BB account. If I switch over and have my BB pull my mail from my POP server will mail deleted on my BB be deleted on my POP server, or does this only work with Yahoo?
When you delete on the Mailbox and Handheld from the popup on the BB, it will delete it on the POP or IMAP servers.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:36 AM   #90
rcbjr

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozment

---

One way reconcilliation will only occur with Yahoo and Imap email services, not with Pop service.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Old 06-06-2006, 06:40 AM   #91
saldous

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

What benefit does BIS 2.0 give you over 1.8? What is O2 UK running? (http://www.o2email.co.uk/)
Old 06-06-2006, 06:50 AM   #92
byron
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: VZW

i still don't understand the yahoo partnership... gmail seems like a lot more popular route to take if you're going to support a fully synchronized consumer webmail solution.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:28 AM   #93
sandro

Model: 8700
Default sync folders

Does this mean that we will be able to sync all folders 9including Sent folder), calender, task, contact etc... over the air? without exchange or BES..

Thanks,
Old 06-06-2006, 08:44 AM   #94
Iconoman

Angry June 5th out of the mouth of Tech Support

I called Cingular last Wed. (May 31) becuase my delete from server when delted from handheld option simply was not there. After they turned this feature BACK ON... why was it turned off??? The support guy said, "By the way, we are upgrading to BIS 2.0 June 5th so you will want to log back in and set some things up...." Now that it is June 6th I know cingular is reverting back to the ways of the late 90's lies, and bad customer service.

This is not the only issue I have had recently with cingular HOWEVER, i will stay with the "More Bars in More Places" network for that reason...
Old 06-06-2006, 08:53 AM   #95
bigboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron
i still don't understand the yahoo partnership... gmail seems like a lot more popular route to take if you're going to support a fully synchronized consumer webmail solution.
Gmail's a lot more popular? Where did you hear that?

Has Gmail fixed their braindead pop implementation yet? I use multiple pop clients for my account, and Gmail hasn't been able to handle that.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #96
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandro
Does this mean that we will be able to sync all folders 9including Sent folder), calender, task, contact etc... over the air? without exchange or BES..

Thanks,
It is my understanding that the new 2.0 will NOT support folders. That is the problem for some users as they use folders for organization.

Here is Stinsondog's website regarding this:
http://home.comcast.net/~tamsterra/OP/Gmail.htm

Last edited by johnfromphilly; 06-06-2006 at 08:59 AM..
Old 06-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #97
snowskier79

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.

Iconoman - Take a look at this thread

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=37217
Old 06-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #98
byron
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7250
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy

Has Gmail fixed their braindead pop implementation yet? I use multiple pop clients for my account, and Gmail hasn't been able to handle that.
i don't want to get too OT, but i know quite a few people who have ditched their hotmail/yahoo accounts in favor of gmail and haven't looked back. however, i haven't known anyone that ditched gmail in favor of yahoo or hotmail. i personally don't use yahoo (haven't in 4-5 years). i have always hated webmail with a passion because of the overall clunkiness of the designs.. you're forced to deal with large and annoying banner ads and other obtrusive graphics that slow down the navigation so much that its annoying. gmail really had me from the start because of the clean interface and overall speed of the service. you can literally hop around from one place to another and various email messages and not feel like you're web surfing.

with all of that being said... even before i found blackberryforums.com i created my own little system for synchronizing my gmail with my bb... actually its almost exactly like the setup that stinsondog's site describes... so i'm not unhappy.. but i would love to see full synchronization with gmail/gcal/etc in the future.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #99
Seattle18

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy

Be more specific. What do you need Gmail to do that it doesn't do already?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #100
koleary19067

Model: STORM
PIN: MOBILE
Carrier: VERIZON

Different strokes, for different folks. Its just a matter of opinion. I use both and have no issues with both. Life moves on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron
i don't want to get too OT, but i know quite a few people who have ditched their hotmail/yahoo accounts in favor of gmail and haven't looked back. however, i haven't known anyone that ditched gmail in favor of yahoo or hotmail. i personally don't use yahoo (haven't in 4-5 years). i have always hated webmail with a passion because of the overall clunkiness of the designs.. you're forced to deal with large and annoying banner ads and other obtrusive graphics that slow down the navigation so much that its annoying. gmail really had me from the start because of the clean interface and overall speed of the service. you can literally hop around from one place to another and various email messages and not feel like you're web surfing.

with all of that being said... even before i found blackberryforums.com i created my own little system for synchronizing my gmail with my bb... actually its almost exactly like the setup that stinsondog's site describes... so i'm not unhappy.. but i would love to see full synchronization with gmail/gcal/etc in the future.