Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T
Unhappy

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoscalling
Updated Results:

My gmail account is set up as a seperate account on BIS 2 and it takes 8-10 min for delivery to my BB.

As i said earlier my other accounts forward a copy to my BB address and that is instant.
Yep, I like you have all my accounts set up to forward a copy to my BB address, rather than setting them up as accounts on BIS. I gather that now with BIS 2.0, we're getting the instant email receipt, but won't get the benefit of the separate icons and the incoming email being separated by email account, nor the automatic use of the proper "reply-to" address when we reply to an email. May have to rethink the usage of forwarding vs. setting up BIS email accounts.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #322
likefre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier
Yep, I like you have all my accounts set up to forward a copy to my BB address, rather than setting them up as accounts on BIS. I gather that now with BIS 2.0, we're getting the instant email receipt, but won't get the benefit of the separate icons and the incoming email being separated by email account, nor the automatic use of the proper "reply-to" address when we reply to an email. May have to rethink the usage of forwarding vs. setting up BIS email accounts.
This is why I went back to 1.8, no use for myself of having 2.0, specially without folders.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #323
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T

This is my cost now so you can see what is included and what is charged. For example, some people asked about WAP- it shows no charge.

I have 3 phones and the 1400 minute Family talk is charged on one of the other lines.

Current Rate Plan
DescriptionFT9NATPSECONDARY Monthly cost$9.99
Current FeaturesAdd features
FeatureMonthly Charge
CALL FORWARDING N/C $0.00
CALL WAITING N/C $0.00
DIRECT BILL CHARGES N/C $0.00
FREE DETAIL BILL $0.00
CALLER ID-NC $0.00
THREE PARTY CALL N/C $0.00
MULTIMEDIA PAY PER USE $0.00
TEXT MSG PAY PER USE $0.00
BBRYBISUNL $29.99
EXCEPTION UPGRADE $0.00
NO LONG DISTANCE WHILE ROAMING $0.00
CINGULAR NATIONWIDE TOLL FREE $0.00
OFF-NETWORK ROAM $0.00
REGULATORY COST RECOVERY CHARGE $1.25
Standard 911 Access $1.00
WAP $0.00
BBRYBISUNL $0.00
Old 06-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #324
nb_mitch
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310

The $5 discount only applies to voice plans of $35/month or greater, I don't know if they actually offer any plans less than that. In regards to TMobile, they do the same thing just packet it differently. Their plan includes 1000 minutes of voice for about $60/month, so the plan is cheaper than buying the voice and data seperately.

In regards to deals, the most important thing is coverage first, then price. Why save 25 cents a day for a cheap plan if you can't use it where you live and work?

Mitch
Old 06-12-2006, 01:33 PM   #325
egale
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Just got off the phone with Cingular. The rep couldn't find the plan and put me on hold. After 10 minutes or so on hold, he tells me the $29.99 plan is not for Blackberry. I again told him where I found it and then finally he found it. He said that the $29.99 is email only, no internet and you have to pay extra for internet. I'm sure thats wrong but I wasn't going to let him mess up my account.

But, the new plan does say on the web site that access is not available in all areas. Is coverage different than the old plan?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #326
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by egale
Just got off the phone with Cingular. The rep couldn't find the plan and put me on hold. After 10 minutes or so on hold, he tells me the $29.99 plan is not for Blackberry. I again told him where I found it and then finally he found it. He said that the $29.99 is email only, no internet and you have to pay extra for internet. I'm sure thats wrong but I wasn't going to let him mess up my account.

But, the new plan does say on the web site that access is not available in all areas. Is coverage different than the old plan?

I think they put that quote about coverage on everything as a disclaimer.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #327
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

When I called this morning the rep didn't know about it but she looked and got the info. My connection was cut off (went into a dead cell zone) but she dropped the old and added the new.

Walt
Old 06-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #328
junior1790
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

I recieved the same reply, had no idea what i was talking about. then a supervisor called me back and informed me that the 34.99 plan can NOT, i repeat NOt bundled with a voice plan. He said that will be e-mail only no voice which cannot possibly be true. It is remarkable that cingulars cs reps get to work each day!!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #329
gwar11d2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior1790
I recieved the same reply, had no idea what i was talking about. then a supervisor called me back and informed me that the 34.99 plan can NOT, i repeat NOt bundled with a voice plan. He said that will be e-mail only no voice which cannot possibly be true. It is remarkable that cingulars cs reps get to work each day!!!!!
I agree... I wish they would just make thier website intelligent enough so that we could just make our own changes... (I know they have this for _some_ features...)
Old 06-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #330
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
They may have been saying that that plan itself does not include voice. You need seperate plans for voice and Blackberry data (e-mail/web etc).
Old 06-12-2006, 01:51 PM   #331
targatop

Model: 8700c
Default Switched this morning.

Changed over to the new plan this morning, everything worked by my BB browser (I can't stand the MediaNet stuff). Called over lunch (they were very busy today so a bunch of users must be calling in), and they were able to resend my service books.

I am now able to use GoogleTalk, GoogleMaps, and the BB browser on the $29.99 plan. Also, he put a note in my file that said he told me specifically I would not get any data charges unless I tethered my BB as a modem. Both reps I spoke to this morning said that all data charges are covered under this plan, including AIM and a bunch of other programs he was telling me about.

I've also upgraded to BIS 2.0 and am loving it, as I don't have to use BBreply anymore to send multiple signatures.

This new plan takes away one of my largest complaints about BB, which was the $$$$ for the features.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:52 PM   #332
ecsherwo

Model: 7290

Just spent 30 min. trying to get them to find the plan, finally they found it and added it, wish I had found this thread earlier since all they really need is the code

BBRYBISUNL

and they were all good.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #333
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecsherwo
Just spent 30 min. trying to get them to find the plan, finally they found it and added it, wish I had found this thread earlier since all they really need is the code

BBRYBISUNL

and they were all good.
The SOC code gets them there, they can punch it in and get it immediately:

SOC Code - BIA1
Old 06-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #334
egale
Thumbs Must Hurt

The saga continues. I called back. This rep knew of the new plan but didn't know pricing.

Finally he found the pricing and converted me over. He said if you did it online, you wouldn't get the new pricing (but who knows).

Now I have the two new icons but I still have the Messages icon. I just sent myself a test email from work account so I will see if it really works soon I hope.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #335
lraed74
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S2
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
It is remarkable that cingulars cs reps get to work each day!!!!!
I'm with Verizon but I called cingular to inquire about the new plan. After talking to two rep's...one who didnt even know what BIS or BES for blackberrys meant, they must pull people off the street and put them on the phones with without explination? The 1st person kept going on and on about what plans he had shown infront of him but would not call another dept, I asked him a few times to do as well. the 2nd person didnt have much more of a clue either but did call another dept only to give the same 'only the plans i have shown infront of me' - which none listed the new data plan.

I do feel sorry for anyone have to deal w/them and would bet on monkeys giving better CS.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #336
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
The saga continues. I called back. This rep knew of the new plan but didn't know pricing.

Finally he found the pricing and converted me over. He said if you did it online, you wouldn't get the new pricing (but who knows).

Now I have the two new icons but I still have the Messages icon. I just sent myself a test email from work account so I will see if it really works soon I hope.

You got new Icons by switching your rate plan??

Did you upgrade to BIS2.0 also? Maybe that is where the icons came from. I changed my plan and nothing is different at all on my BB.

Please clarify...
Old 06-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #337
tc94040
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular
Default Business vs. Consumer...

If you're affiliated with a business or organization (like I am), the $34.99 plan appears not to apply. I was just told that you have to be a "consumer" customer, not a "business" customer to take advantage of the plan.

I don't know how much truth is in this...but I'm a consumer who happens to be affiliated with a business (yet I pay the bill and it is sent to my home address).
Old 06-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #338
egale
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfromphilly
You got new Icons by switching your rate plan??

Did you upgrade to BIS2.0 also? Maybe that is where the icons came from. I changed my plan and nothing is different at all on my BB.

Please clarify...
After I spoke to the customer service rep who changed the rate plan, he had me reboot the 8700c. When it came back, the Enterprise Activation icon was gone.

I then logged into the blackberry website and upgraded there to 2.0. As soon as I did that, the new icons appeared.

I then got an activation message to both my regular email and blackberry.net email account. Everything now works. But my email shows up both under the new icon and the old messages icon.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:15 PM   #339
Winston S.
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc94040
If you're affiliated with a business or organization (like I am), the $34.99 plan appears not to apply. I was just told that you have to be a "consumer" customer, not a "business" customer to take advantage of the plan.

I don't know how much truth is in this...but I'm a consumer who happens to be affiliated with a business (yet I pay the bill and it is sent to my home address).
Maybe Business vs. Customer is what the Cingular customer reps refer to instead of BES and BIS.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #340
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
After I spoke to the customer service rep who changed the rate plan, he had me reboot the 8700c. When it came back, the Enterprise Activation icon was gone.

I then logged into the blackberry website and upgraded there to 2.0. As soon as I did that, the new icons appeared.

I then got an activation message to both my regular email and blackberry.net email account. Everything now works. But my email shows up both under the new icon and the old messages icon.

That is what I suspected- the icons are from 2.0 not the rate plan change.

Enterprise activation was gone because it is not a BIS item, it is for BES users and thus not available with the new plan.
I have not upgraded to 2.0, I am waiting to get feedback from other users on how they like it, pros- cons etc.
Closed Thread