Old 09-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #1
stonent
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Browser config / enabling w/o BB data

Please Login to Remove!

I did some searching and didn't find this exact thing. Is there a way to make the browser work without blackberry data? Or does anyone have a .ipd file that has the browser turned on that isn't set up for MDS?

I know someone who wants to purchase a used BB from Ebay but just use it on an unlimited data plan for web browsing, but without service books being loaded on the phone, I know the browser will never show. I know you can load service books that you copy with an .IPD file, but I'm not sure how it works.

What if you put a BB data plan sim into a phone and then sent the service books via the BWC and then put in a sim with unlimited data, would the browser still work or does it use a RIM gateway for browsing?

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
PingGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Your post is thoroughly confusing, is this person planning on getting a data plan or not? You stated the person wants to get a data plan and then you asked how to solve the problem of not having a data plan so you can enable the web browser which you'd need a data plan to use anyway.

If the person gets a data plan they can send service books from the web client and all is good. If they don't get a data plan they won't be browsing the web anyway..

Previous: Nextel BB7520 w/ Plantronics Discovery 640
Old 09-08-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
stonent
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
PIN: FFFFFFFF

No, I'm not talking about a BB data plan, I'm talking about a plain GPRS plan like Unlimited T-zones or Nextel's plan that lets you use the phone for an internet connection to your laptop.

For example. A Boost SIM has unlimited browsing that doesn't steal your minutes. It is already possible to use a Boost SIM with Reqwireless's e-mail program for pop mail on a blackberry without purchasing a Blackberry plan. I'm asking about enabling the browser on the phone to access T-Zones, or NOL, or mMode.

Prior: BES: 7510, 7520, 7290, 7230, 7130, 8220 (No Data Plan), Droid Eris
Post your question on the forum, don't PM me.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:55 AM   #4
xombi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

Good luck with this, I am currently having a problem with a UK carrier.

I am on a proper BB tariff and should have the wap browser (not the better browser unfortunately), however for ages now I havent had it, it just dissapeared one day never to return, I tried the host routing table and register now option and no luck, I rang the carrier nothing wrong with the account and all they could suggest was to keep trying to register now.

So I thought I would try copying the service books from a colleagues BB who had the wap browser and see if I could upload them to mine using the advance backup restore function of the desktop software, guess what all the service books uploaded except the one I needed for the browser so I am browser less last time this happened the reqwireless one worked for me on a trial until it was resolved but since they no longer make it I cant find anything to help, tried minuet but I guess it needs the service book as just puttin settings into TCP didnt make it work, tried to install Opera Mini but because I can't dl the file on my BB I tried to convert it to alx but it doesnt work :(
Closed Thread