Old 02-26-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
venkatesh_t3

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T mobile
Default Jawbone or Voyager 855?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys,

Need to your advice on this, I am looking for a bluetooth headset and I am confused between these two Jawbone and the voyager 855.

I like the voyager 855 since I can use it as stereo headset also , but I have a question here, can I use voyager 855 with laptop also for the stereo music?

Does voyager 855 works well with blackberry curve? I have the 8320

Every where I read I see jawbone has very good review, so what would be your take on this, I like the jawbone for its sleek look
Old 02-26-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

I've got a JawBone I had a Plantronics before it (350 or 450 I can't remember the exact model) and this JawBone is just so much better I've lost count of the amount of times I have either walked into the office or half way to the office with it on, since it just fits so good I forget all about it.

That and the sound quality is just amazing, only problem I have with it is on a very rare occasion the Voice Dialing will not load threw the JawBone. So I either have to try it a second time or turn the head set off and on again, but it happens very rarely.

Of course I can't play music on it, but that Wireless Music Gateway should be out soon, I heard it's available for pre-order somewhere. (I have to get myself at least 2 of those lol, 1 for the car and another for my house stereo.)

But that is just my opinion, you may have a harder getting to fit comfortably on your ear or you may just want to listen to music a lot more then I do. All things to consider of course.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #3
venkatesh_t3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
I've got a JawBone I had a Plantronics before it (350 or 450 I can't remember the exact model) and this JawBone is just so much better I've lost count of the amount of times I have either walked into the office or half way to the office with it on, since it just fits so good I forget all about it.

That and the sound quality is just amazing, only problem I have with it is on a very rare occasion the Voice Dialing will not load threw the JawBone. So I either have to try it a second time or turn the head set off and on again, but it happens very rarely.

Of course I can't play music on it, but that Wireless Music Gateway should be out soon, I heard it's available for pre-order somewhere. (I have to get myself at least 2 of those lol, 1 for the car and another for my house stereo.)

But that is just my opinion, you may have a harder getting to fit comfortably on your ear or you may just want to listen to music a lot more then I do. All things to consider of course.
Thanks a lot for your opinion, Will wait for some in for voyager 855, only thing that tempts me is the stereo
Old 02-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
venkatesh_t3

I am waiting for ur response on voyager 855, anybody who can give some thoughts on this would be great
Old 02-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
DStroyer

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I've owned a Voyager 855 for a couple months now. The in-ear fit was a must have for me. Sound quality is very good with calls. Nice and clear on both ends. I bought it for the stereo capability, but I usually just listen to music with the main headset. I seldom use the add on stereo side. Sound quality when listening to music is nice and clear. It lacks solid bass, but overall is very satisfactory. It pairs to my 8830 quickly and without fuss. The controls are very easy to use. The media player controls on the headset are my favorite feature. I've never owned a Jawbone, but I would definitely recommend trying the 855 if you want to listen to music.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #6
venkatesh_t3

Thanks a lot for the info.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #7
venkatesh_t3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStroyer View Post
I've owned a Voyager 855 for a couple months now. The in-ear fit was a must have for me. Sound quality is very good with calls. Nice and clear on both ends. I bought it for the stereo capability, but I usually just listen to music with the main headset. I seldom use the add on stereo side. Sound quality when listening to music is nice and clear. It lacks solid bass, but overall is very satisfactory. It pairs to my 8830 quickly and without fuss. The controls are very easy to use. The media player controls on the headset are my favorite feature. I've never owned a Jawbone, but I would definitely recommend trying the 855 if you want to listen to music.
DStroye,

Have u tried using the headset with VOIP, and can it stream audio from the system in streo mode?
Old 03-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
Benj919

Model: 8100
Carrier: Swisscom Mobile

Hi,
I`m concidering order one of those two headsets and i`m looking for some feedback concerning the ear-pieces... as i wear glasses i don`t feel too comfortable with some "around-the-ear" clips... can anyone give some information about this issue please?

thanks
Old 03-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #9
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

I have glasses as well (had them for years I am thinking about those transition lenses or contacts at this point), and after getting the right combo of earloop and the peice that goes in my ear I typically forget I am wearing the JawBone. I've walked into the office many time with it still in my ear, causing me to walk back out to my car to put it away.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:57 PM   #10
dakatza
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj919 View Post
Hi,
I`m concidering order one of those two headsets and i`m looking for some feedback concerning the ear-pieces... as i wear glasses i don`t feel too comfortable with some "around-the-ear" clips... can anyone give some information about this issue please?

thanks
If you use the jabra eargel mod talked about on here for the Jawbone, you wont need to earloops. I use the large jabra gels on mine and it holds the jawbone securely and comfortably.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #11
pgrossman

Carrier: at&t

I have had the Jawbone for about a month now and it is the best that I have ever used. It does an excellent job of eliminating background noise, and the sound quality is as good as anything I've used. Money well spent as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #12
Benj919

Do you know any online store that does sell these along the jawbone? as i`m living in Switzerland i have to pay 40$ up only for shipping ... therefore i`d like to pay the shipping fees only once :P
perhaps this is an option:
Jabra Earboom - ShopCrackBerry
4.95$ for the headset and the eargels isn`t that expensiv... so are these the eargels you`re talking about or are there others/additional ones?

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakatza View Post
If you use the jabra eargel mod talked about on here for the Jawbone, you wont need to earloops. I use the large jabra gels on mine and it holds the jawbone securely and comfortably.

Last edited by Benj919; 03-23-2008 at 09:58 AM..
Old 03-23-2008, 11:09 AM   #13
digitalextremes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Robbers

I found jawbone to be over rated, its big and bulky, the Voyager is too fragile if you use the ear hook and switch the ear buds (after switching ear buds for 4-5 time, they become loose. I would vote for BlueAnt Z9, the best headset I have ever owned so far, small, solid, and does the job, only thing that bothers me on that one is that u have to hold the button for 3 seconds to end a call, that could have been engneered better to save ppl some time. I have tried Jawbone and Voyager but didn't like them.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #14
Benj919

and there i go again :P any experience carrying it together with glasses? ( as i`m still thinking about which one to choose i may even concider that one as well, as it looks good and is even smaller than the other two :P )

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalextremes View Post
I found jawbone to be over rated, its big and bulky, the Voyager is too fragile if you use the ear hook and switch the ear buds (after switching ear buds for 4-5 time, they become loose. I would vote for BlueAnt Z9, the best headset I have ever owned so far, small, solid, and does the job, only thing that bothers me on that one is that u have to hold the button for 3 seconds to end a call, that could have been engneered better to save ppl some time. I have tried Jawbone and Voyager but didn't like them.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:12 PM   #15
dakatza
Thumbs Must Hurt

I wear glasses, and the Jawbone does not interfere when used with the Jabra eargels, minus the earloop.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #16
WFLDEng611
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: Used to

I have used Jawbone for about a year now, I love it. I tried about a dozen BT headsets and this was the best for what I do. I drive a Ford diesel van and I work in noisy environments. Nobody can tell where where I am. To demo it for one of my friends I was talking to him, then I rolled down my window with my truck running in an alley, so the diesel noise bounces all over the place. He had no clue until I tuned off the noise shield. I also wear glasses and it does not interfere, and I wear it about 8 - 10 hours a day. Sometimes I forget I'm wearing it and walk around the house with it until my wife reminds me to take it out of my ear.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #17
Baldie
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9360
Carrier: Sprint

I've had the jawbone for about a month and I'm glad I decided on this one. Prior to shopping I wanted to find out were the top models outthere for bluetooth headsets and the jawbone was rated high on almost all lists that I came across. I hesitated because of the price but made the purchase. Its the best headset I've used by far. I've purchase jabra headsets for years and this one is better. You do need the jabra eargel though for a more comfortable fit. Some can go without the ear hook but it won't stay in my ear without it.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #18
RichP
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs down Unhappy with Voyager 855

I'm on my second 855.

I sent the first one back because I could barely hear anyone clearly on phone calls...sound is very tinny and garbled, like bad AM radio. It was the same in my wife's Verizon Venus.

I have encryption and echo control off.

I just received a replacement and its exactly the same.

This is compared to my great sounding V510 from Plantronics.
The weird thing is it sound pretty good when using it as a stereo headset with either my 8830 or my Macbook.

Might have to put this one on ebay and get a Jawbone or Z9.
Closed Thread