BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #101
Winston S.
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8900
OS: 5.0.0.509
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 272
Default

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfaz1
True, it is possible to insert/remove the 8700g without rubbing it against the Seidio clip. But -really- it's not the easiest way to use the holster. I've found that the easiest way to insert the BB it is to slightly raise the clip with one finger and lock it in place my pressing the 8700g against the holster. This is where a little padding would go a long, long way.
The clip on top fits so perfectly I don't think I can insert it without it rubbing against the clip. When removing it with one hand while it is on my belt, I have a hard time taking it out without the clip on top snapping back and hitting the front of the 8700.
Offline  
Old 05-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #102
acnst
BBF Moderator
 
acnst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Germany
Model: 9700
PIN: not configured
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 1,528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boygenius
Y i love the rim oem holster but it didnt fit with my 8700g extended batt so I tried this, its and no problems, just dont like how high up the holster sits on my belt, wish it was down more..
boygenius, where did you buy the extended battery for the 8700g from? I checked smartphonedepot.com and they only have the batter and door for the 8700c and 8700r.
__________________
Deutsches Blackberry Forum - visit www.blackberry-forum.de


for Microsoft Exchange

Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 07:54 AM   #103
Evil One
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Evil One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens
Model: 8700c
PIN: 2470c186
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 50
Default

I tried to order the holster and when I enter the discount code it dont work. Is the discount still available?
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 08:16 AM   #104
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
lgreenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New House
Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 2,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One
I tried to order the holster and when I enter the discount code it dont work. Is the discount still available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
Special Discount Offered from Seidio on the product

Seidio Blackberry 8700G holster - Blackberryforums Member Discount

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Blackberryforums Members Only and For April 24 to 5PM April 28, 2006 only.


Starting today and ending at 5:00 PM April 28, 2006, if you buy a 8700G holster as in this great review from our web store you will be able to save 15% for each holster when using discount code: HLSKBB87

Go to our site and purchase the number of 8700G holsters that you desire. Then when you “checkout” and get to the Payment page, you will see a box asking for Discount Code, enter the code there.

This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Past purchases do not apply.

If we run out of the stock, we will still honor your purchase when the stock arrives. Only holsters purchased during this time frame are eligible.

All prices are in U.S. funds.

To order the 8700G holster, click the following link.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=307
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 08:23 AM   #105
Evil One
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Evil One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens
Model: 8700c
PIN: 2470c186
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 50
Default

I see. The discount dont apply anymore. No sweat I didnt read it correctly
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 08:48 AM   #106
delmarco
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
delmarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Greystone, NY
Model: 9790
OS: OS 7.1
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 403
Default

EVERYONE!!!!
Just get a Milante Case...I've owned a few cases and I found that to be the most secure case
__________________
9790 Bold
Everything I had before was practice!
9790 9700 8900 8320 8700 7290 7280 7230 6230 all R.I.P!
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 08:52 AM   #107
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
lgreenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New House
Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 2,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco
EVERYONE!!!!
Just get a Milante Case...I've owned a few cases and I found that to be the most secure case
What does this have to do with the Seidio Holster?

The Milante case's sleeper magnet doesn't work with the 8700 anyway and confirmed in my review, in Seattle18's review and by Milante themselves.

Nice thread jack anyway. Please don't do it again.
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 08:59 AM   #108
delmarco
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
delmarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Greystone, NY
Model: 9790
OS: OS 7.1
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 403
Default

Okay...
I've been wanting to get this off my chest,

Lgreenberg, I totally disagree with your Milante case review...

I ordered one before I read your review and was wary about what you said.
At any rate when it did arrive and after a week of use I found the Milante case to be perfect,
sure my sleeper magnet is not full on exact.

But dude, I rather have a protection than worry than my phone will be somehow on all the time and the battery would magically drain down to zero (not likely to happen).

I plan on giving a second opinion review for the Milante case this time with good pictures and reasons why it is a top option for those that dont want expensive, bulky, leather cases or expensive questionable plastic holsters.

Please don't ban me this time.

It wasn't a thread jack since I was agreeing with those that said the siedio case is not perfect for the g and I was putting my two sense in for the Milante option. I feel that I'm right since I own both cases.
__________________
9790 Bold
Everything I had before was practice!
9790 9700 8900 8320 8700 7290 7280 7230 6230 all R.I.P!

Last edited by delmarco; 05-14-2006 at 09:02 AM..
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 09:05 AM   #109
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
seidioseidio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston
Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco
Okay...
I've been wanting to get this off my chest,

Lgreenberg, I totally disagree with your Milante case review...

I ordered one before I read your review and was wary about what you said.
At any rate when it did arrive and after a week of use I found the Milante case to be perfect,
sure my sleeper magnet is not full on exact.

But dude, I rather have a protection than worry than my phone will be somehow on all the time and the battery would magically drain down to zero (not likely to happen).

I plan on giving a second opinion review for the Milante case this time with good pictures and reasons why it is a top option for those that dont want expensive, bulky, leather cases or expensive questionable plastic holsters.

Please don't ban me this time.

It wasn't a thread jack since I was agreeing with those that said the siedio case is not perfect for the g and I was putting my two sense in for the Milante option. I feel that I'm right since I own both cases.
Why do you think Seidio holster is not perfect for 8700G ? Is it because of rubber piece missing as compared with 8700C holster ?

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #110
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
lgreenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New House
Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 2,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco
Okay...
I've been wanting to get this off my chest,

Lgreenberg, I totally disagree with your Milante case review...

I ordered one before I read your review and was wary about what you said.
At any rate when it did arrive and after a week of use I found the Milante case to be perfect,
sure my sleeper magnet is not full on exact.

But dude, I rather have a protection than worry than my phone will be somehow on all the time and the battery would magically drain down to zero (not likely to happen).

I plan on giving a second opinion review for the Milante case this time with good pictures and reasons why it is a top option for those that dont want expensive, bulky, leather cases or expensive questionable plastic holsters.

Please don't ban me this time.

It wasn't a thread jack since I was agreeing with those that said the siedio case is not perfect for the g and I was putting my two sense in for the Milante option. I feel that I'm right since I own both cases.
It's not just my review and I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with it.

But Seattle18 also reviewed the case and his findings were the same. Several other users have bought the case and found that the sleeper magnet doesn't work for them either.

You'd rather have protection than a working sleeper function? That's great. But that doesn't mean a case that's advertised as having a sleeper magnet which works with the 8700 but clearly does not is a case that should receive high marks.

Take the lack of a sleeper magnet away and the Milante case is no different than the Hydrofoam pouch made for the 72xx series devices. This is exactly what the Milante case is AS CONFIRMED BY MILANTE THEMSELVES. It's simply a 72xx series case being sold/marketed by a few e-tailers as 8700 compatible, when clearly it's not.

You are not right. Maybe the Milante case is one that's right for someone who doesn't need a working sleeper magnet but unfortunately for Milante this does not make up the majority of Blackberry users. I'm just not sure how a case that's not even made for the 8700 can be clasified as best.

And this is thread jacking. Discussion on the Milante case here ends now. Please take this discussion to either of the Milante reviews threads located in the Reviews Forum or create your own as you said you plan to do.

If you thread jack again I will ban you.
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #111
delmarco
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
delmarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Greystone, NY
Model: 9790
OS: OS 7.1
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
Why do you think Seidio holster is not perfect for 8700G ? Is it because of rubber piece missing as compared with 8700C holster ?

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Hi David,

Two things:
First, I want to thank you for a very well thought out design on the Siedio holster. I really liked it and I still do.

Secondly, In another recent thread, I wrote that I discovered that it's not the cases that is ruining our 8700x series, but its the fact that RIM used some sortr of low grade plastics and paints on the 8700x series. This is what allows them to wear and tear so easily.

Its easy to say that "The Siedio case doesnt have a bit of rubber on it, so it ruined my 8700g". But I disagree, your holster is well designed and thought out. But sadly, the 8700x's are built rather poorly and will not stand up to any prolonged exposure and contact with hard materials.

I only think the 8700x siedio holster is not perfect because the 8700x's are not built well enough to withstand consistant daily use in a "holster" style carrier.

I've already plan to order the plastic body protector from you, so that I can use it with the holster.

Thanks buddy,
Delmarco
__________________
9790 Bold
Everything I had before was practice!
9790 9700 8900 8320 8700 7290 7280 7230 6230 all R.I.P!
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #112
tfaz1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
tfaz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco
Its easy to say that "The Siedio case doesnt have a bit of rubber on it, so it ruined my 8700g". But I disagree, your holster is well designed and thought out. But sadly, the 8700x's are built rather poorly and will not stand up to any prolonged exposure and contact with hard materials.

I only think the 8700x siedio holster is not perfect because the 8700x's are not built well enough to withstand consistant daily use in a "holster" style carrier.
Agreed. After only 2 weeks of use, I am noticing wear in these places:

1) Top of the 87g from the clip
2) Lower, back sides of the 87g where the BB is seated in the holster
3) Bottom of the 87g where it rests inside the holster

I agree with delmarco that RIM is mostly to blame for using cheap materials. I'm glad you padded the inside of your case to protect the front of the 87g, but to truly protect the entire device you must include padding everywhere contact is made.
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #113
backbeat
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Model: 8700G
Posts: 555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfaz1
Agreed. After only 2 weeks of use, I am noticing wear in these places:

1) Top of the 87g from the clip
2) Lower, back sides of the 87g where the BB is seated in the holster
3) Bottom of the 87g where it rests inside the holster

I agree with delmarco that RIM is mostly to blame for using cheap materials. I'm glad you padded the inside of your case to protect the front of the 87g, but to truly protect the entire device you must include padding everywhere contact is made.
This is a classic Hand and Glove scenario, with the Blackberry serving as the 'hand' for which the 'glove' is designed. One is an existing form which the 'follower' form must adapt to, not the other way around. I wholeheartedly agree that truly proper design would include a buffer on all contact surfaces to preserve and protect. Frankly, it's irrelevent if this measure was required on any other model Blackberry, as each model will have its own set of unique build qualities.

As I'm evaluating my case/holster options currently, such illumination of design oversights is helpful, and regardless of manufacturer, I appreciate such unvarnished opinions. This is what any business should recognize as a call to raise the bar to satisfactorily fullfil the market's requirements. Either they will recognize the call or it will go unnoticed.
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #114
tfaz1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
tfaz1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
This is a classic Hand and Glove scenario, with the Blackberry serving as the 'hand' for which the 'glove' is designed. One is an existing form which the 'follower' form must adapt to, not the other way around. I wholeheartedly agree that truly proper design would include a buffer on all contact surfaces to preserve and protect. Frankly, it's irrelevent if this measure was required on any other model Blackberry, as each model will have its own set of unique build qualities.

As I'm evaluating my case/holster options currently, such illumination of design oversights is helpful, and regardless of manufacturer, I appreciate such unvarnished opinions. This is what any business should recognize as a call to raise the bar to satisfactorily fulfill the market's requirements. Either they will recognize the call or it will go unnoticed.
I think this is true. I believe a lot of people on this forum (myself included) are quick to support Seidio because of their service to the BBForums community. David (and David) of Seidio are quick to offer rebates to this site's members and are active in the forums answering questions about their products.

That doesn't mean, however, that this product fulfills it's implied purpose: to protect the device from damage. While the Seidio holster has indeed secured my 87g from falling (as any holster should), normal use of this product has damaged it (and will continue to do so).

I was contacted by Seidio to apologize for this oversight and was told that their design department would be informed of this problem. I'm glad they are committed to improving their designs. But while I'm not going to cry over spilled milk, I can't help but think that a refund (or credit) should have been offered for damaging my device. Especially when myself and others expressed reservations about there not being adequate padding and were told by Seidio that this wouldn't be a problem.
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 07:18 PM   #115
delmarco
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
delmarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Greystone, NY
Model: 9790
OS: OS 7.1
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 403
Default

Interesting...
I take it you two were never banned before?
I used to talk like that
Now I'm scared to talk like that in here....
(shivers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbeat
This is a classic Hand and Glove scenario, with the Blackberry serving as the 'hand' for which the 'glove' is designed. One is an existing form which the 'follower' form must adapt to, not the other way around. I wholeheartedly agree that truly proper design would include a buffer on all contact surfaces to preserve and protect. Frankly, it's irrelevent if this measure was required on any other model Blackberry, as each model will have its own set of unique build qualities.

As I'm evaluating my case/holster options currently, such illumination of design oversights is helpful, and regardless of manufacturer, I appreciate such unvarnished opinions. This is what any business should recognize as a call to raise the bar to satisfactorily fullfil the market's requirements. Either they will recognize the call or it will go unnoticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfaz1
I think this is true. I believe a lot of people on this forum (myself included) are quick to support Seidio because of their service to the BBForums community. David (and David) of Seidio are quick to offer rebates to this site's members and are active in the forums answering questions about their products.

That doesn't mean, however, that this product fulfills it's implied purpose: to protect the device from damage. While the Seidio holster has indeed secured my 87g from falling (as any holster should), normal use of this product has damaged it (and will continue to do so).

I was contacted by Seidio to apologize for this oversight and was told that their design department would be informed of this problem. I'm glad they are committed to improving their designs. But while I'm not going to cry over spilled milk, I can't help but think that a refund (or credit) should have been offered for damaging my device. Especially when myself and others expressed reservations about there not being adequate padding and were told by Seidio that this wouldn't be a problem.
__________________
9790 Bold
Everything I had before was practice!
9790 9700 8900 8320 8700 7290 7280 7230 6230 all R.I.P!
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 07:39 PM   #116
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
lgreenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New House
Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 2,527
Default

delmarco,

Your getting more confusing with every post.

Are you bashing the material used to manufacturer the Blackberry itself or the Seidio holster or both?
Offline  
Old 05-14-2006, 08:05 PM   #117
delmarco
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
delmarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Greystone, NY
Model: 9790
OS: OS 7.1
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreenberg
delmarco,

Your getting more confusing with every post.

Are you bashing the material used to manufacturer the Blackberry itself or the Seidio holster or both?
Hi there,
I was ranting on the 8700x's series being not well made enough to ride barback in any holster since any sort of everyday repetative contact to the 8700g surface results in the surfaced getting damaged.

I saw a thread where some folks were ranting on Siedio's holster and I injected a comment or two stating that the holster is not to blame, but the 8700 phones are the problem.

Apparantly the wto posters above sort of ran off with the theme of my rant and seem to have placed blame in the guys who make the "gloves and not the hand."

sorry buddy,
Delmarco
__________________
9790 Bold
Everything I had before was practice!
9790 9700 8900 8320 8700 7290 7280 7230 6230 all R.I.P!
Offline  
Old 05-15-2006, 03:19 PM   #118
darwin
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Model: 8700
Carrier: tmo
Posts: 55
Default

Not to get back on topic or anything...

After using the seidio clip since I got it, I do like it a lot. there is very slight wear (just not shiny anymore) beginning to show on the top of the device.

The clip holds the bb well and it is pretty easy to get it in and out of the clip. As other people have said, I would have liked it to ride lower on my belt, but oh well, I'm getting used to it. I've actually started rotating it when I get in the car, seems to work better that way (if I don't just take it out)

Overall, I'm happy with it, much better than the stock one.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Board RTC Memory IIC Module DS3231 Part Real Time Clock Expansion for Arduino
$6.7
Board RTC Memory IIC Module DS3231 Part Real Time Clock Expansion for Arduino pictureNew Sealed Siemens Simatic S7-300 6ES7 2 MB Micro Memory Card 6ES7953-8LL31-0AA0
$360.0
New Sealed Siemens Simatic S7-300 6ES7 2 MB Micro Memory Card 6ES7953-8LL31-0AA0 pictureRTC Maintains Module DS3231 Clock Memory IIC Electronic AT24C32 High
$4.66
RTC Maintains Module DS3231 Clock Memory IIC Electronic AT24C32 High picture2018/2019 US stock Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100 Memory Module 1763-MM1 Tool Hot
$137.75
2018/2019 US stock Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100 Memory Module 1763-MM1 Tool Hot picture2019 Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1400 Memory Module 1766-MM1 Equipment US Hot
$97.28
2019 Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1400 Memory Module 1766-MM1 Equipment US Hot picture






Copyright © 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM © and BlackBerry © are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.